Trouble with mana regen leveling to 90

90 Blood Elf Priest
Hi, folks. I'm questing away but really love doing dungeons. Unfortunately, there is a big lack of +spirit quest reward gear and I find that if I want that extra spell power then I have to drop mana regen.

This problem is glaringly apparent especially in Shado-Pan. I OOM'd twice.

Any advice? Take that stam/intel gear from quests and use +spirit buffs? I usually eat intel food and use intel flasks.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Edited by Nechemia on 10/1/2012 2:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
If you have the money, reforge your worst stat to spirit. In your case, haste over the Renew breakpoint, since haste makes you spend more mana over time than mastery and crit. You could potentially drop down to about 7.5% haste and still get the extra tick if you have a haste buff in your group.

You could maybe switch to Disc, but I think their regen is about the same now (since Rapture was changed).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The place I'm going OOM is stuff that has a lot of dispeling. In addition to the 8 sec CD dispels are painfully expensive when you're having to chain dispel in a trash mob. I don't understand why there is so much dispeling needed in these trash mobs when we can't even dispel.

In beta I thought, "Oh this is nice maybe people are able to dispel themselves will start doing so"... but then I realized that too many stupid people are in pugs for this to really be the viable way of doing things. So I guess I don't know what the plan was for this super high damage debuffs that can't be dispelled.

I agree, getting mana is hard and honestly I tried reforging to spirit but I end up with a 2.6 second cast for my heals which is not a viable haste rate. Other than that I have reforged all crit -> spirit but I don't understand why not a single quest gear had spirit OR hit on it?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
You wont start finding any real spirit gear until later levels and dungeons; though I would suggest trying some questing in Townlong Steppes, there are *some* spirit rewards there.

Honestly however, the blizz devs were made Well aware of this problem and chose to simply ignore it and make less than optimal workarounds their "solution."
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Once you reach level 88, Suplier Xin in the Townlong Steppes sells green 408 gear.

That said, the Shado-Pan Monestery can get hairy for healers in groups that do not understand how to avoid the damage effects going around, so I do not think it is a mana issue on your end. That specific instance has a lot of wierd mechanics with its pulls compared to the other instances. It is like this expansion's Grim Batol.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
It's also worth learning cooking. There is spirit buff food that is pretty good.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
Mindbender is your best friend. Spec it, use it on cooldown. Be Happy.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Yeah i'm having the exact same problem :/, i'll check out townlong steppes then thanks for the info :D
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
The place I'm going OOM is stuff that has a lot of dispeling. In addition to the 8 sec CD dispels are painfully expensive when you're having to chain dispel in a trash mob. I don't understand why there is so much dispeling needed in these trash mobs when we can't even dispel.

Why are you even bothering? You don't have to actually dispel everything simply because you 'can'. Read the dispel before wasting your time. Most are nothing more than a simple rejuv fix.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/02/2012 07:28 AMPosted by Moophious
Why are you even bothering? You don't have to actually dispel everything simply because you 'can'. Read the dispel before wasting your time. Most are nothing more than a simple rejuv fix.

Definitely this. Debuffs in this expansion are balanced around an 8 second dispel. A lot of them just slow attack speed or do 10k damage over 3 seconds or something else non-threatening.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]