DK are getting less popular ?

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
During the beta the DK community was kinda quite compared to what it used to be (lets say during cata beta). And the forum seems pretty dead compared to what it used to be it seems.

Very few new post every day and not so many hard theory here. Even the warrior forums has more vitality then ours.

Is the FotM player went away or DK just stopped to come here ?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
its just a new expansion, everyone is still trying to hit 90 and gear up for raiding, rbgs and arenas. just give it time im sure this place will be buzzing in a few weeks
Reply Quote
55 Troll Death Knight
These forums have never been very popular, besides when a controversial/argument thread comes up (which usually involves myself).
Reply Quote
86 Human Death Knight
As a returning DK I have to say I been getting very fustrated with the changes in this expansion, I've almost quit playing and switching to a shaman now.

I mean, yes we got a lot of nice changes too, blood pressence works a lot better for tanking now and the new control undead is lots of fun.

Its what where missing thats messing me up, heart strike is gone which is forcing me to use blood boil, I feel like I'm being forced to AoE in a lot of situations now I don't want to, aggroing lots of extra mobs, I can't fight a single target anymore. And mind freeze being only melee range now, what where they thinking? Its like bringing a knife to a gun fight trying to silence a ranged caster with a melee ability.

I don't know if I can get used to these changes this time, in cataclysm it seemed pretty easy, I was able to adapt pretty quick but now, its like its unplayable, I can't hold my class anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Heart Strike isn't gone. For single target there's rune strike and death strike. Mind Freeze was a melee interrupt in Cata as well, Strangulate is our ranged silence, and always was.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
10/02/2012 03:12 AMPosted by Milicatwo
Heart Strike isn't gone. For single target there's rune strike and death strike. Mind Freeze was a melee interrupt in Cata as well, Strangulate is our ranged silence, and always was.

This. Mightylink, I'm not sure why you're having a hard time adapting to all the "changes," considering almost nothing has changed between Cata and now.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Barry the Risen Guard says hello. ( those that know what im talking about know of the funtimes with Barry the Risen Guard. )

also good. its good the spotlight is coming off of DKs with the overall playerbase now. a hell of a lot of people still think of DKs as season 5. theres a running joke in my guild about DKs being a *hero class * if i do anything exceptional to somehow pull off a win somehow in pvp/pve ( tank dies, i rocket boot run while death grip taunting a boss while rezzing the tank with raise ally to prevent a wipe, then into a shadowmeld so the boss runs back to the tank etc ).

DK dps is pretty solid atm. DK tanks are pretty solid atm. pvp is usually wildly out of control unbalanced because of classes like mages, but such is life. ill just sit back and enjoy the peaceful times of not getting nerfed every other week like in wotlk.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Ahhhh, Mightylink. Another Xpack, another pile of complaints from you. You should try learning something about your class instead of complaining about things that aren't true.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
Barry the Risen Guard says hello. ( those that know what im talking about know of the funtimes with Barry the Risen Guard. )

also good. its good the spotlight is coming off of DKs with the overall playerbase now. a hell of a lot of people still think of DKs as season 5. theres a running joke in my guild about DKs being a *hero class * if i do anything exceptional to somehow pull off a win somehow in pvp/pve ( tank dies, i rocket boot run while death grip taunting a boss while rezzing the tank with raise ally to prevent a wipe, then into a shadowmeld so the boss runs back to the tank etc ).

DK dps is pretty solid atm. DK tanks are pretty solid atm. pvp is usually wildly out of control unbalanced because of classes like mages, but such is life. ill just sit back and enjoy the peaceful times of not getting nerfed every other week like in wotlk.

Yeah... we're in a decent spot, but I think the loss in popularity is primarily due to Blizzard not implementing anything "awesome cool" this expansion for us. The only new ability we have is pretty much Soul reaper and mass deathgrip, while the rest were stuff we already had in our arsenal, just removed and added as a talent. When you compare this to what the other classes got, it's exceptionally hard to keep the class popular.
Edited by Kassadin on 10/2/2012 5:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
DK forums are dead. Ha ha get it? Cause we're dea... Oh look, a chicken!
Reply Quote
meh, its just a forums u will still see ATLEAST 5 dks in a bg and 1 or 2 in every or almost every dungeon
Reply Quote
10/02/2012 06:28 AMPosted by Entsetzlich
DK forums are dead. Ha ha get it? Cause we're dea... Oh look, a chicken!

lol
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Eh. DK's aren't a whole lot of fun to play any more to begin with. A lot of the neat little tools/mechanics we had before are gone. No more green stuff on the ground everywhere. Another rune to manage (Death runes suck, I hate them). Just a lot of /sigh moments.

Oh well.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Naw, everyone is either Panda or Monk. When that wears off, most will come back to their DKs.

Besides what Kîllawar said (because I agree), I'm having a lot of fun with DK. Got to 87 in a day.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
During the beta the DK community was kinda quite compared to what it used to be (lets say during cata beta). And the forum seems pretty dead compared to what it used to be it seems.

Very few new post every day and not so many hard theory here. Even the warrior forums has more vitality then ours.

Is the FotM player went away or DK just stopped to come here ?

3 things

1) Theres not much to learn if you have played a DK in Cata were essentially untouched and Masterfrost, Hastefrost, Unholy, knowing when to AMS sooak for RP has all been covered and learned 1 expansion ago.

2)The majority of the player base PvE's, so our 90 talents as a whole are uninteresting, add to that if you have played Unholy and Frost at any point during cata you have pretty much already experienced our other 15 talent choices (exception being death siphon and conversion)

3) we are not the new shiny class and we are 2 expansions now removed from our theme and it shows.

If you like the Death Knight class you will continue to play it and enjoy it since it does have "more" abilities to work with. If you want NEW abilities littered allover your action bars the DK and Rogue will no longer entice you.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
As Doomguard was eluding to. We haven't really changed much since patch. Most would be focused on leveling and then gearing up for what they are aiming for. Besides Soulreaper and any bugs/changes in hotfixes there isn't anything new for us. We are relatively unchanged even before that. I love my dk but even I am almost drawn to playing my lock just because they were changed to a point that it feels more like something new. I'd less likely play my shaman for being less changed. Also as was pointed out many will be playing pandas and death knights are one of a few classes that cannot be the new race. Sort of like classes that could be blood elves and draenei were popular for a little going into TBC.

p.s.

@mightylink. Mind freeze has been at melee range a long time. It was our silence to be used at ranged. In fact as I recall Mind Freeze has ALWAYS been only in melee range. You can't complain about the class when we haven't really changed. Blood has always had cleaves and the only real difference is they've added more kit to Blood Boil by even adding Roiling Blood so that aoeing is promoted. I even spec into Remorseless Winter just to aoe stun mobs since it amuses me.

Further more Heartstrike is not "gone". It's more dps than Blood Boil when the packs are smaller. The only difference between Heart Strike and Blood Boil is we don't proc free Heart Strikes or it's value would go up even further.
Edited by Tor on 10/5/2012 4:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]