Taran Zhu BOSS. WTF.

90 Tauren Druid
So I just spend the last hour wasting my night on this boss. We had a DK tank, Enhance Shaman, Rogue and a Shadow Priest and me healing it as a Druid. Can someone PLEASE explain what we should be doing to complete this dungeon? It's really getting on my nerves. From my understanding, the boss spawns orbs that will pull you in ever 10 seconds or so. If there are more than one orb up, it will create a chain effect and it will pull you from orb to orb 3 or even more times. I have been trying to look on youtube to view strategies for this boss. People say to kill the orbs, however, we have 1 Shadow Priest in our group which is the only range dps. She certainly can't kill the orbs on her own. What if it's a pure melee group? That leaves everyone screwed when they get to this boss... In my view this is pathetic and at this point I am ready to give up on blizz and this game all together. Anyone want to give me some insight on how to properly kill this boss? Is there even a way to do this boss with 1 range? If you can't then that's complete BS.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Shadowpriest kills orbs, other 2 kill boss, push your Big giant button that nobody pushes around 80% hatred.

Shadow priests can definitely kill the orbs themselves, multidotting and such destroys them quickly.

As far as "only 1 ranged DPS", I've killed it with no huge issue with 3 melee, as we just had one of our melee kill the orbs, if you're really having issues because your shadowpriest can't push buttons and target things at the same time, toss a melee on the zones, it's little more healing, but the overall damage on the encounter isn't heavy.

10/01/2012 08:38 PMPosted by Noyouscream
In my view this is pathetic and at this point I am ready to give up on blizz and this game all together

I'm using your post as an example

No matter how easy they make this game, people still complain it's too hard.

You're threatening to quit over one of the easier 5 man bosses (I'm even assuming normal here)
Edited by Postonforums on 10/1/2012 8:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Not saying he is hard, but calling him "one of the easier 5 man bosses" seems silly when you look at his competition.

Wise Mari
Those fire orbs that don't do anything and the panda of 25k attacks
Team "We are bugs who drop fire"
And of course the dreaded Sha of Doing Literately Nothing

Not saying Orb Panda is hard, just harder then some of the others.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
So I just spend the last hour wasting my night on this boss.

wasn't a waste, you learned something. bring balanced groups or play better to compensate.

it's a valuable lesson.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I can solo the orbs (as a dk tank). No excuse for dps to say they can't manage. The tricky bit he does is on the tank. When he casts his ring of shadowbolts, he will use an ability that punts the tank out of the circle. If the tank tries to be a hero and get back in there without cooldowns, he'll probably get torn up and waste healer mana. There's not much else that he does. Without the circle of shadowbolts, I could probably solo him.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Also a DK tank should be destroying this fight. He can anti magic shell almost every ring of shadows. Should barely take damage.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Next time you complain , try saying what was going wrong. Then people can tell you exactly what you need to do.

BAD REPORTING: "We can't do it"

GOOD REPORTING: "Our attacks seem to be very weak on the boss, and people spend the whole time getting teleported around."

Another mechanic nobody's mentioned yet, when he casts Rising Hate you should interrupt it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Am I the only one here thinking the trash (Not saying the boss is hard, so don't misconstrue my post here, because I think he's ridiculously easy--if not a complete joke) before Taran Zhu is harder than the actual final dungeon boss himself?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Taran Zhu is a joke. You can interrupt Rising Hatred, so even with 20k dps, you won't even have to click the button more than a couple of times. There's literally no damage happening for most of hte fight.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
10/02/2012 05:38 AMPosted by Labcoat
Am I the only one here thinking the trash (Not saying the boss is hard, so don't misconstrue my post here, because I think he's ridiculously easy--if not a complete joke) before Taran Zhu is harder than the actual final dungeon boss himself?

/agree

the trash is the most annoying thing in this instance
the final boss is a simple hit the button, target adds(orbs)
Edited by Nofan on 10/2/2012 6:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Sin
10/02/2012 06:09 AMPosted by Nofan

/agree

trash in general is terrifying at times lol. in Monastery especially the Sha groups after Master Snowdrift.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
Whilst the tank is on Taran Zhu, the DPS need to take out the orbs IMMEDIATELY so that everybody can blast him before he summons another lot of orbs.

Meditating isn't that important for healers, as the debuff only reduces healing done by 25%. I've healed groups whilst having a full hatred bar pretty much the entire fight.

There is also an element of luck involved in beating him, as the orbs can suck you directly into his swirling orb attack which will kil you pretty much instantly. I've been seeing peopleleave groups just to avoid Taran Zhu. He's hard to kill, but not impossible. The group just has to work together.
Edited by Tonium on 10/2/2012 6:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
So I just spend the last hour wasting my night on this boss. We had a DK tank, Enhance Shaman, Rogue and a Shadow Priest and me healing it as a Druid. Can someone PLEASE explain what we should be doing to complete this dungeon? It's really getting on my nerves. From my understanding, the boss spawns orbs that will pull you in ever 10 seconds or so. If there are more than one orb up, it will create a chain effect and it will pull you from orb to orb 3 or even more times. I have been trying to look on youtube to view strategies for this boss. People say to kill the orbs, however, we have 1 Shadow Priest in our group which is the only range dps. She certainly can't kill the orbs on her own. What if it's a pure melee group? That leaves everyone screwed when they get to this boss... In my view this is pathetic and at this point I am ready to give up on blizz and this game all together. Anyone want to give me some insight on how to properly kill this boss? Is there even a way to do this boss with 1 range? If you can't then that's complete BS.

I haven't encountered this boss yet. But am I to understand correctly from your post - are melee physically unable to kill orbs? Are they up in the air and out of melee range or something?

Or do you just not to want to have your dps meter drop because you are moving from 1 target to the next?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
People say to kill the orbs, however, we have 1 Shadow Priest in our group which is the only range dps. She certainly can't kill the orbs on her own. What if it's a pure melee group?
Melee are allowed to hit the orbs too.
These are the new design of heroics, stuff on the ground doesn't actually hurt you.
Edited by Melenkor on 10/2/2012 6:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
10/01/2012 09:40 PMPosted by Milicatwo
Also a DK tank should be destroying this fight. He can anti magic shell almost every ring of shadows. Should barely take damage.

And once again, I get rewarded for my class choice.

Good for you Ghatok, good for you!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
10/02/2012 06:26 AMPosted by Alyciasolace

/agree

trash in general is terrifying at times lol. in Monastery especially the Sha groups after Master Snowdrift.

Have I mentioned how much I love RW? Again, happy to be a dk.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Did this boss in a group with 3 melee last night. 1 shot. Winning.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Kill the orbs, hit your button to keep your bar low.

Also, don't stand in the orbit of the little purple orbs, stay in or out.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I hate this heroic most of all. The trash is terribly dramatic, and if people don't do things perfectly then I'm OOM very quickly.

The final boss isn't too bad, but if there are 2+ orbs up, then I spend all my time getting gripped instead of being able to heal. Quite annoying.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]