Taran Zhu BOSS. WTF.

90 Human Priest
rising hate helps you not get stuck having to click your button. And also for his purple ring of death to not get you. Lat I tried. Yeah. stand in that and not more=screw you, you're going to die.

Lost 2 dps wiithin the first 40 seconds of that fight. so it was me, the pally tank, and a warrior. And we killed him. took a while. but when people actually go after the purple orbs. Including tank. He is pretty easy to heal.

Those orbs are the hard thing. He is a very easy boss when your not being yanked around wildly. And people not standing in the purple ring. think your safe inside of it. And if your ranged, you shouldn't be close enough to be hit by it... But many still think a healer can heal through 60k or more damage to you a second. Or whatever it is. It hurts and you die if you no move.

the boss before him. He sucks if your all close and you aoe the adds. Really damage isn't too high. So healer can help kill them one at a time. Priests have a very nifty aoe cc for the fight. but if you have 3 of em by the boss and decide to kill em all at once. they do 50k to everyone on death. So spreading out is key. Even if on a triage around the boss. Ranged can split to killing adds and boss. Can't say for heroic yet except spikes doing a lot more damage, and his swirly move that does nothing to do damage I notice.

But taran Zhu isn't all that bad if dps can switch targets. Or if a beast master hunter whips out a turtle. That thing lived so much easier than the tank. And actually we did a lot better with it as the tank than our actual one.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
There is no reason melee should run to he orbs and kill them 3 dps can burst them down really quick. Worse case is youll have 1 orb which will pull you in. And all dps kills it right away and you continue to kill the boss. The fight isnt hard unless your dps is really terrible.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Not saying he is hard, but calling him "one of the easier 5 man bosses" seems silly when you look at his competition.

Wise Mari
Those fire orbs that don't do anything and the panda of 25k attacks
Team "We are bugs who drop fire"
And of course the dreaded Sha of Doing Literately Nothing

Not saying Orb Panda is hard, just harder then some of the others.

Come now - the trash leading up to him is 20x more difficult if your group is semi-retarded.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
so, I used the control undead someone mentioned before, and the Ring cast that the casters do killed all 3 orbs for our group, and we killed him before the 2nd set

Group was 2 dks, 2 wars and paladin,
Reply Quote
So if I can get a summary of the strategies for heroic:

- Interrupt Rising Hate
- Dps burns orbs asap, as always
- Avoid the ring

Or do I save my interrupts for his sha blasts?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
So if I can get a summary of the strategies for heroic:

- Interrupt Rising Hate
- Dps burns orbs asap, as always
- Avoid the ring

Or do I save my interrupts for his sha blasts?

Literally, just avoiding ring and keeping the orbs from stacking up is enough.

It's a very low healing encounter unless people love rings.

Even the rising hate and sha blast aren't big deals.
Reply Quote

Literally, just avoiding ring and keeping the orbs from stacking up is enough.

It's a very low healing encounter unless people love rings.

Even the rising hate and sha blast aren't big deals.

Well, if you like it you kinda put a ring on it. But that makes sense, thanks. If I do use my interrupts would Rising Hate or Sha Blast be higher priority?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Sha Blast (never seen if it is interruptable, really) only does damage to your tank and knocks him back. There is no big threat to this unless the tank decides to stand in front of an orb patch or something.

Rising Hate affects the entire group and raises their Hatred level quite quickly, which means people will need to meditate more and thus have less chance to hit the boss/orbs. Interrupting Rising Hate will result in less Hatred (assuming orbs are getting killed) and let your DPS do their job faster.
Reply Quote
47 Night Elf Monk
10/04/2012 09:20 PMPosted by Gaoldroukhan
If you think that dungeon is tough, that means you're a complete idiot with no analytical capacity and need to gtfo this world.

Right...because thinking a dungeon in WoW is difficult is a great reason to imply someone should be dead. Maybe you should get outside once in a while? There's a whole REAL world out there, coolio. Personally I would much rather suck at WoW than suck at life. Casual players may not be as badass as you, but chances are they are far more equipped to be in the real world than you are or ever will be. Grow up.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Paladin
11/10/2012 04:13 PMPosted by Dalha
If you think that dungeon is tough, that means you're a complete idiot with no analytical capacity and need to gtfo this world.

Right...because thinking a dungeon in WoW is difficult is a great reason to imply someone should be dead. Maybe you should get outside once in a while? There's a whole REAL world out there, coolio. Personally I would much rather suck at WoW than suck at life. Casual players may not be as badass as you, but chances are they are far more equipped to be in the real world than you are or ever will be. Grow up.

If you're bad at this game you're probably also bad at things like driving and ordering fast food. The analytic capacity required is roughly the same.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
On heroic, melee are perfectly capable of killing orbs. Damage prevention cooldowns, people. DKs can AMS, Rogues can CoS, Monks can do about forty different things, etc. Taran Zhu isn't easy compared to most other heroic bosses, but he's not that tough. Just tell your dps not to get tunnel vision with hitting the boss, and you'll be fine.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
You can also use the special action button to prevent yourself from being gripped, if it's that necessary, though you do have to time it, which requires understanding cast bars.

On my greens-sporting guardian druid I can mangle and maul one down by myself in a flash. If they're close enough together I will pop Berserk and do most of the work myself. I just drag the boss into the barely painful purple puddle and blast it down. If the group hasn't figured out what I'm doing by that time I'll remind them to focus the orbs.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
10/02/2012 05:38 AMPosted by Labcoat
Am I the only one here thinking the trash (Not saying the boss is hard, so don't misconstrue my post here, because I think he's ridiculously easy--if not a complete joke) before Taran Zhu is harder than the actual final dungeon boss himself?

you can avoid it, but ye the trash is harder lol

even the sha thingy is harder..

All the heroic 5 mans feel ok to me, not hard. but hey that's what challenge modes for right.
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 09:05 PMPosted by Robokapp
So I just spend the last hour wasting my night on this boss.

wasn't a waste, you learned something. bring balanced groups or play better to compensate.

it's a valuable lesson.

or hit leave group on bad composition

Depends on how you read it.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman

You do realize he said that over a month ago, right?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight

Sarosha is too busy begging for nerfs to LFR to do hardcore no life things like know what day it is.
Reply Quote

Sarosha is too busy begging for nerfs to LFR to do hardcore no life things like know what day it is.

Why do people necro threads?

no i didnt notice someone a few posts above me, decided to play night of the living thread.
Edited by Sarosha on 11/10/2012 8:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
11/10/2012 08:11 PMPosted by Sarosha

Well, if they want to discuss the topic, it's either necro, or start a new topic. And if they start a new topic they get flamed because there's already threads on the topic. Can't win?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
11/11/2012 12:21 AMPosted by Autumni

Well, if they want to discuss the topic, it's either necro, or start a new topic. And if they start a new topic they get flamed because there's already threads on the topic. Can't win?

This dilemma is harder than Taren Zhu ever was.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]