Auto reject?

11 Draenei Mage
I have been playing WOW for only 5 days, but am already really really tired of people challenging me to duels -- and after I say no, they continue challenging me=(

I noticed there are settings to auo-reject trade requests, is there a setting to auto-reject these annoying and game disrupting duels? I will never duel.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
If someone is being a pest you can ignore them in the in-game interface. Click on their name in the chat log and select the ignore feature. From then on you will never have social contact with them again, you'll still see them wandering about the game world and see their auctions in the AH, but duel requests, invites, their messages in the chat channels, all will be automatically blocked for you from that one character.

If they then hop on another character and continue to harass you, report them for harassment (same way you ignore them, but select "report player" instead, pick the appropriate option and give details if requested).

You have a limited number of ignores, so save them for the really egregious offenders, and if you must put a momentarily persistent pest on the list, you can remove them from your ignore list later to free up space through the social window (default key is "O" to open it).

Now as for blocking duel invites, there should be a setting for that, as there's one for blocking guild invites and trade requests like you noticed. I'm not in the game right now, but go through the various settings menus in the "interface" section of the main menu.
Edited by Avanna on 10/2/2012 8:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
11 Draenei Mage
Thank you for the quick reply. Unfortunately, I can not find a way to block duels and have looked many times in the Interface section. On the off-chance there was a setting somewhere else, I thought I'd try asking here. Or, if there is a server that doesn't allow dueling, that would work too! I only have 3 toons and could easily start them again somewhere else.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/02/2012 09:01 AMPosted by Zehnn
Or, if there is a server that doesn't allow dueling, that would work too!

Sorry, but there's no such server. I suggest you make use of the ignore feature I mentioned then. If you put the persistent ones on your ignore list, you won't see their invites anymore. Most people if you respond with a "sorry, I don't duel" when they bug you, they'll stop asking.

Also, if someone challenges you to a duel if you don't accept and leave the "accept/decline" window open, they can't pester anyone else until they cancel their own duel challenge.

So what I do when I get a duel challenge:
First politely tell them that I don't duel and decline the request. (for most this is good enough)
If they persist I leave it up and just work around the annoying box in the middle of the screen. (the rest, typically get fed up and stop bugging you here)
If they then cancel & re-challenge or get all angry and start shouting at me, calling me names, etc, then I just put them on my ignore list. (only the really bad ones take it this far)
Edited by Avanna on 10/2/2012 9:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
If you feel like it, you can get an add-on whose only function is to reject duels (and guild invitations if that's what you want). Ask on the UI & Macros Forum.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
http://www.curse.com/search/addons?search=duel
Reply Quote
80 Orc Hunter
If you feel like it, you can get an add-on whose only function is to reject duels (and guild invitations if that's what you want). Ask on the UI & Macros Forum.

Guild invites are blockable through the ui interface.

You're only likely to get a lot of duel invites in certain locations - e.g. Starter zones, outside the gates of SW/Org, Goldshire, etc.

Usually, If someone's spamming a duel invite, I just leave it up on my screen. They can't force me to click yea/nay and they can't invite anyone else until one of us moves far enough away from the other to cancel the invite. Spending a minute or two cooling their heels without being able to invite anyone at all usually stops the spam.
Reply Quote
16 Blood Elf Warrior
Sometimes high level characters challenge me to duels outside of Silvermoon City. I use DuelResponse to ignore the duel request.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]