most op healer currently?

I have all and enjoy all healing styles basically just like to heal. Who is the most OP right now? Don't want to level a Shaman like when cata came out only to be the weakest healer.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Bump.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Pallies are strong, priests are weak, everyone else is somewhere in the middle. As it was at the start in the last 3 expansions. :P

Over time, this will change and normalize, and things will move around.

Ultimately all that matters is playing what you like. So why not just, you know, do that.

Paladin is always a safe bet if all you care about is the big fat numbers game.
Edited by Star on 9/28/2012 2:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
no bad healers just bad players.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC
09/28/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Saiina
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Reply Quote
Yeah... no.

Rshaman have a rough time outside of 25mans unless you get a really smart group that understands to stack whenever possible for a shaman. Their mana regen isn't awesome either, but they have a ton of burst (both from mastery when people are low and need it, and from cooldowns), and bring a ton of utility to a raid.

Priests of both flavors are suffering from a lack of mana efficiency (due to their regen mechanics being gutted).

(For me) Monks are akward outside of a raid, and near impossible to heal on without being in mele (again, for me).

Palis and Druids are doing a-ok.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

If all the players are good, and the numbers show consistent trends favoring one class over others, what do we call the classes that aren't favored?

Weak argument is weak.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
Pallies are strong, priests are weak, everyone else is somewhere in the middle. As it was at the start in the last 3 expansions. :P

Over time, this will change and normalize, and things will move around.

Ultimately all that matters is playing what you like. So why not just, you know, do that.

Paladin is always a safe bet if all you care about is the big fat numbers game.

lol better roll some more of dem rejuves then you'll top no worries
Reply Quote
It is not about being "on the top" of the charts, its about being on equal footing with equal mana consumption.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I've been okay, haven't set foot in heroic yet though. Probably tonight and will get a feel for mana regen better. Right now regulars are of course pretty easy. I like to run some normals to get an idea what to expect.
Reply Quote
priests lost more TBH

rapture went to crap for disc
holy lost baseline 80% regen and went to 50%

shaman were gutted too.

but many logs on beta show good priests getting stomped by post-eternal flame-nerf palis, and soundly beaten by druids, who weren't going OOM, whereas the priests were.

Not here to argue that mana isn't tight for all healers, its just more tight for some classes than others.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
09/29/2012 11:11 AMPosted by Gotnorice
Priests of both flavors are suffering from a lack of mana efficiency (due to their regen mechanics being gutted).

Pretty sure this applies to all healers.

It's a bit more complex than that. No healers can go crazy with the mana right now, but Priests seem...more strained than they should be overall. I thought Shaman would be the weakest link here but Priests are even worse off. When they are using their spells smartly yet still going OOM quicker and having lower HPS to show for it, there's likely a problem.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
09/28/2012 11:35 PMPosted by Anarri

If all the players are good, and the numbers show consistent trends favoring one class over others, what do we call the classes that aren't favored?

Weak argument is weak.

Its always been this way. Good players will still get results from maximizing every drop of mana from their class and by understanding every single encounter so they can time every heal perfectly to avoid wasting mana on over healing. Bad players will spam heals, go OOM or just look at meters and say "My class sucks"
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I have not hit 90 yet so no raiding or heroics experience yet. So far mana is not as much of a concern as raw throughput for my disc spec. Thinking of going holy but healing priest are looking like the are not going to have a place in our 10 mans early on with pallies, druids, and shammies getting the call.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I'm a holy priest and I've definitely been having difficulties not running out of manna.
Reply Quote
50 Human Priest

This is just dumb. There are most certainly bad classes. Every class isn't equally equipped to deal with every situation. Some situations where a class my excel might not come up nearly as much as the situation that hinders the class. This would make it a bad class for that frame. I'm not going to give an exact example but we can all think of many times where this has happened. Some classes are just poorly designed for a certain encounter type.

09/29/2012 12:13 PMPosted by Thaimaishu
It's a bit more complex than that. No healers can go crazy with the mana right now, but Priests seem...more strained than they should be overall. I thought Shaman would be the weakest link here but Priests are even worse off. When they are using their spells smartly yet still going OOM quicker and having lower HPS to show for it, there's likely a problem.

Yeah its weird that shaman aren't on bottom. I just got used to being a gimp too. The good news is that priests have two healing specs which is a third of the healer spec so its likely they will be looked at, maybe even soon. If priests only had one healer spec, you would just be shaman'd for a while expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I've been running dungeons as Discipline. It feels pretty crappy, Cascade is too expensive and I don't have a lot of mana in reserve if things go wrong.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]