Upgraded, why am I still starter edition?

(Locked)

72 Night Elf Druid
I upgraded three days ago from the starter edition to the battle chest and I'm STILL starter edition apparently. It's been three days and the payment already went through on my end. My boyfriend is struggling with the same issue. It's like I paid to play the starter edition, not much at all has changed apparently. Needless to say I am vexed by this situation. Please help!

P.S. My boyfriend and I also downloaded the client again.. It was the only thing I could think of. Then after that didn't work I researched it and saw I needed ot wait 72 hours.. I thought I did.. but nothing had changed.
Edited by Kylleris on 9/28/2012 3:33 PM PDT
MVP - Customer Support
90 Tauren Druid
When you try to log into the game, do you get prompted to choose more than one WoW game license? The usual problem here is that you created a new account instead of upgrading your existing one.
"In the name of Elune, I will punish you!"
72 Night Elf Druid
I didn't use any other account. I used the same one I had when I purchased the game.
85 Dwarf Shaman
I am having this problem as well but I alrady had installed cataclysm a long time ago. When i entered the game key for mop it says I have MoP installed and itson my account but when i try to log in it says above the addon button upgrade to be able to play to 90 and so on
MVP - Customer Support
90 Tauren Druid
09/28/2012 03:34 PMPosted by Kylleris
I didn't use any other account. I used the same one I had when I purchased the game.

Check your Account Management webpage. What kind of game license does it say your account has?

Ultimately, you're going to have to work with Billing to resolve this. It's possible that your payment has failed, too - have you checked your registered e-mail account?

I am having this problem as well but I alrady had installed cataclysm a long time ago. When i entered the game key for mop it says I have MoP installed and itson my account but when i try to log in it says above the addon button upgrade to be able to play to 90 and so on

That's... actually a very different problem. Again, you would ultimately need to work with billing, but... how long ago did you apply the game key?
"In the name of Elune, I will punish you!"
MVP - Diablo III
90 Undead Warlock
There seems to be an overload of some sort on the upgrade or payment servers atm, friend of mine is in same situation(hence why I'm checking out this forum!) has waited over 72 hours and still not updated.

A CS rep posted earlier today saying it is being looked into and phone support has said it is because of so many people buying upgrades etc this week.

It sucks though.

I'll go back to the D3 forums now before the WoW MVPs shoot me >.>

Edit: Can see the blue posts on it here, seems it is happening to a lot of people: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6758255759
Edited by Narull on 9/28/2012 3:42 PM PDT
85 Dwarf Shaman
09/28/2012 03:37 PMPosted by Pahanda
That's... actually a very different problem. Again, you would ultimately need to work with billing, but... how long ago did you apply the game key?

I entered the game key around 1 hour ago but I take it the problem is that something is full or something.
72 Night Elf Druid
I have checked my account and I have my game up to the Lich King and it's registered with the game. As for contacting billing, that is impossible because every single time I call, they're busy. I've been calling all day. It's frustrating that I paid for something and I can't use it the way I want to..
MVP - Customer Support
90 Tauren Druid
09/28/2012 03:38 PMPosted by Narull
I'll go back to the D3 forums now before the WoW MVPs shoot me

Nah, I won't do that. I actually hadn't heard about this, because I've spent the last few days... leveling (tonight's my first night back at work). So having you pay attention is a big help to me. ;)

09/28/2012 03:40 PMPosted by Mcmegaburger
I entered the game key around 1 hour ago but I take it the problem is that something is full or something.

That's definitely how it seems. You may need to give it some more time - although you can always call Billing and see what they can do to assist. You may also want to try changing your account password - sometimes that forces a "refresh" of things like this.

09/28/2012 03:42 PMPosted by Kylleris
As for contacting billing, that is impossible because every single time I call, they're busy.

Then you'll just need to call more, if you want to get this looked into.
"As with other situations, the key seems to be giving Jayne a heavy stick and standing back." -- Inara
Edited by Pahanda on 9/28/2012 3:43 PM PDT
72 Night Elf Druid
Thank you Narull, that helped a lot :) I understand now.

And thank you Pahanda.

Thank you both for trying to help me.
Edited by Kylleris on 9/28/2012 3:47 PM PDT
23 Goblin Warrior
i have had a prob with WoW as well, everything logs in fine and stuff but when i log in, the pop up comes up saying to either play trial or buy the upgrade. I already purchased the mists of pandaria correctly 2 hours ago and ive also checked my account. I then decided to log in with the trial with a friend and wanted to trade and yet it still tells me that im a starter edition still.

Plz help it will help alot :)
11 Human Priest
I'm currently having this same problem :(
Support Forum Agent
10/06/2012 08:59 AMPosted by Doomswoman
I'm currently having this same problem :(

Digital upgrades take about 72 hours for full functionality to kick in.

While leveling caps are instantly removed - most of things like trading,mail, etc aren't available until that period ends.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]