[Druid] You didn't really think this through?

90 Human Warrior
I say this as someone who kind of hates druids, particularly ferals.

Symbosis is horrible. Really really horrible. I thought my level 87 thing was terrible (actually, it is terrible, 2 of the 3 things banners gives was baseline, and one of them didn't have a cd), but something that gives something to someone else? That's craptacular.

It probably wouldn't bother me if EVERYONE got utter trash like banners and symbiosis, but alter time? Seriously? The single most powerful thing I've ever heard of EVER in this game's history (excluding bugs) is given to mages when warriors and druids (and priests, unless they REALLY like griefing their group) are given a large lump of crap and told to enjoy?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
You guys are a bunch of freaking sad crybabies... The damn thing cannot be used anywhere where it would matter, basically its useless unless you are solo questing in pandaria. Its also only HALF of the symbiosis effect.

Its a novelty item. That is like me saying Wormhole Generators are disgusting because they give a key mage perk (teleportation) to everyone. Get over it, you freaking pansies! At least you have a great spell to use in competitive gameplay. Ever heard of Demonic Portal? 20 seconds setup, despawns if you move away from it, cannot path out of LoS, across a gap or even up/down the tyniest of hills. I'd be happy with my lvl 87 spell if i were you.

P.S. we all got shafted compared to mages. Time Warp is ridiculously OP.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
You guys are a bunch of freaking sad crybabies... The damn thing cannot be used anywhere where it would matter, basically its useless unless you are solo questing in pandaria. Its also only HALF of the symbiosis effect.

Its a novelty item. That is like me saying Wormhole Generators are disgusting because they give a key mage perk (teleportation) to everyone. Get over it, you freaking pansies! At least you have a great spell to use in competitive gameplay. Ever heard of Demonic Portal? 20 seconds setup, despawns if you move away from it, cannot path out of LoS, across a gap or even up/down the tyniest of hills. I'd be happy with my lvl 87 spell if i were you.

P.S. we all got shafted compared to mages. Time Warp is ridiculously OP.
I prefer the item, that skill is just useless for me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I say this as someone who kind of hates druids, particularly ferals.

Symbosis is horrible. Really really horrible. I thought my level 87 thing was terrible (actually, it is terrible, 2 of the 3 things banners gives was baseline, and one of them didn't have a cd), but something that gives something to someone else? That's craptacular.

It probably wouldn't bother me if EVERYONE got utter trash like banners and symbiosis, but alter time? Seriously? The single most powerful thing I've ever heard of EVER in this game's history (excluding bugs) is given to mages when warriors and druids (and priests, unless they REALLY like griefing their group) are given a large lump of crap and told to enjoy?

You think void shift is only for griefing? How shallow-minded of you... in your words, maybe shadow blades is only good for making my autoattacks purple?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Wormhole generators are not like mage portals... they're simply "a portal" - and they're NOT class specific. They are a random portal available to engineers - a perk of taking the profession.

Like I said, I don't mind if it was given a long cooldown like every other novelty, or at least made it into a trinket slot item. The fact that it gives a very useful ability - while solo - which was a class-specific spell, only available with a druid in your group is really illogical.

If they really wanted to make it fair - just make it accessible to ALL classes, not 10 out of 11, and just give out a random symbiosys buff. And give it a 4-6 hour CD on a 15-30 min duration.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
Ever heard of Demonic Portal?

The suckiness of Demonic Portal, or any other lvl87 ability, has no bearing on the topic.
Create your own thread.

This is about why other classes are getting the capstone spell for a class in this xpac in an item that's not consumed on use and has no cooldown. And is useable while solo, something the druid can't even do.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Super cool that other classes can farm for an item that allows them to use my lvl 87 Symbiosis in situations that I cannot (soloing).
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
1. No passive stat bonus

2. No procs

3. Can only be used in Pandaria

4. Grants 1 "Druid" ability.

If you've read Symbiosis you'd know that it gives you 1 ability of any class and gives them 1 of your abilities at the same time, which is FAR more powerful than this crappy trinket.

Some cool abilities I've gotten so far using Symbiosis:
Ice Block
Deterrence
Icebound Fortitude
The shaman cast while moving spell, I forget the name
Leap of Faith

How is it possible that someone could Not like Symbiosis?
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
1. No passive stat bonus

2. No procs

3. Can only be used in Pandaria

4. Grants 1 "Druid" ability.

If you've read Symbiosis you'd know that it gives you 1 ability of any class and gives them 1 of your abilities at the same time, which is FAR more powerful than this crappy trinket.

1. Symbiosis has no passive stat bonus either
2. Symbiosis has no proc either
3. And?
4. Yes, the same as if a Druid had casted symbiosis on them

Also, it's not a trinket. It's a non-consumable that sits in your bag with no cooldown.
It also lets the owner use Symbiosis while questing solo -- something not even a druid can do.
Reply Quote
97 Dwarf Hunter
Can't be used in raids. I don't see the problem here.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/30/2012 06:33 PMPosted by Spinnerdh
Can't be used in raids. I don't see the problem here.

WTB Item that gives me Feign Death while I solo. "Fake Feign Death" lasts 1 hour, the item that gives "Fake feign death" has a 1 hour CD. Does NOT persist through death. Said item is available on a rare mob.

Not usable in raids, arenas, or rated BGs. Deal?

It's not a point of the item not being available in competitive settings. That ONE item is more useful than my 100+ hours of farming vanity archaeology stuff - with the exception of: Boy of the Ring Emperor and Tyrande's Doll in Cata.

MoP Archy doesn't even give items that are remotely as good. Also, if they want it a vanity item, make it have a CD like a vanity item - i.e. 10-12 hours.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
09/30/2012 08:16 PMPosted by Owlcapwn
MoP Archy doesn't even give items that are remotely as good.

I'd argue against that tbh... case in point the polearm I'm using.. /shrug.

That being said, no item should give a capstone skill to other classes, under any circumstance.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/30/2012 08:29 PMPosted by Waraila
I'd argue against that tbh... case in point the polearm I'm using.. /shrug.

I agree - you will find use for the polearm right now, until you replace it with something better. Can a priest or mage replace Cyclone or Healing Touch with something better as they level?

Seriously - a priest gets Cyclone while soloing all over pandaria with this "item".... You're telling me that's acceptable? :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Easy way to solve this would be let druids use it to pick a class's ability without having to be grouped/raided with anyone.

Basically you cast it, and select a class.

Basically I think !@#$ing over one class is not really good game design.
Edited by Mortemim on 10/1/2012 6:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
100% of people complaining about this are world PvP players, or have never actually looked at the item, or seen it used.

It cant be used in dungeons/raids/bgs/Arenas.

Yeah, it's crap they can use another classes ability on their own and we cannot.

However, the ability shines in group play and raid content. Only Druids can use it there.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/01/2012 06:53 PMPosted by Tonydanza
100% of people complaining about this are world PvP players, or have never actually looked at the item, or seen it used.

I'm complaining because my "iconic" or class defining ability for MoP was also given to anyone who wants it by putting in ~ 10-12 hours of farming - even if not being used in competitive play, it still has a lot of bearing on solo gameplay - something which I still end up doing ~ 60-70% of my total logged hours.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
Yea now people will have the druid ability while doing dailies in pandaria, blizzard ruined it!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

You think void shift is only for griefing? How shallow-minded of you... in your words, maybe shadow blades is only good for making my autoattacks purple?

First, we're digressing, symbiosis is !@#. Second, I didn't say it was ONLY good for griefing, but it is REALLY good for griefing and NOT *REALLY* good for anything else (other than pvp). Honestly, as a tank, it scares the living hell out of me that I might suddenly see my health go from 100% to 25% because a priest thought it'd be funny, and you could say "well they can make your health go from 25% to 100%" sure, they can, OR, they could simply heal me when I'm tanking so my health DOESN'T get that low.

Again, though, symbiosis is terrible.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
We just need a REAL level 87 ability, put this one back on the drawing board.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]