Quest: Students No More--Bugged?

90 Worgen Rogue
I can get this quest from captain Oakenshield, and then I hear Xiao yell 'over here!'. I'm confused as to how he yelled to me, though, because he's dead. All five of them are dead. I tried abandoning the quest and accepting it again, with the same result. None of the quest mobs spawned.
Reply Quote
I am on this same quest and I can proceed no further.
Reply Quote
Me too, help!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Had the same trouble aswell, all you need to do is attack / kill the wing commander next to them and they should pop back to life!

Hope this helps.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
This is bugged for me and the undead mage who are trying to get it done. Killing the commander next to them didn't revive them unfortunately.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
I didnt have the same problem as most of you, but i cannot get them to go after the last remaining mob. I spent an hour killing three of them over and over, when they got to the commander guy, i could see the fourth one had spawned, but by the time the commander was dead, the mob i needed had disappeared
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
I have the same problem as you Meaghin. Every time I tried to kill Ik'thik Tendon Slicer he would disappear before I got to him.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
10/03/2012 01:32 PMPosted by Meaghin
I didnt have the same problem as most of you, but i cannot get them to go after the last remaining mob. I spent an hour killing three of them over and over, when they got to the commander guy, i could see the fourth one had spawned, but by the time the commander was dead, the mob i needed had disappeared

I had this issue as well w/ the 4th mob disappearing, and had to kill all of the first 3 again. By the time we got to the 4th on my 2nd way around, I was able to kill him.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/03/2012 01:32 PMPosted by Meaghin

HAving this same Issue cannot attack the last main guy either to drag him over to the fight hes targetable but cant Attack him. by the time the group is done with the wing commander & the 2 infestors the main guy has despawned n it starts all over.
Edited by Reliøn on 10/9/2012 10:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I have also spent over an hour killing the same three over and over I even dragged the last wing commander over to him to try to engage but he despawns
Reply Quote
46 Troll Hunter
yep can get passed the slicer dude really "bug"ging me
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Same problem here tendon slicer desapwns before you can kill or get anywhere near him, it seems to be a bug with his vanish skill because when he despawns the students trigger their speech for when he is defeated (for pandaria!) but obviously doesn't count for you. Getting very frustrated with this rawr! (this is my 5th time doing this quest didn't have trouble with it before)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
On my mage i attacked the commander and fought him for a bit then vanished. The 5 students revived and so did the first boss....quest finished
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
ok... this bloody quest is really making me angry... I can't even fight him before he vanishes!! even with the lil monks next to me..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
This is still a problem.... can't kill tendon-slicer, he vanishes and they skip him.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
i accept the quest and i get the "hey over here " and there is no boss and they are all dead
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
It is very and completely bugged for me. Cannot complete it since the last boss despawns every time the students, when they manage not to be dead, get ready to attack it.

Quest worked fine on my last two alts. It is now broken.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warrior
For those people still stuck on getting the students to move. All I did was kill every monster around the dead bodies. That included 2 normal and 1 elite and they finally re-spawned. Don't forget to include the roamers if there are such patrols.

Hope this helps
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Still broken.. tried attacking him early (the students take a detour to go attack some trash), but came up 'invalid target'. By the time they finish the trash, the slicer is gone and the whole round starts over again... did it 3 times around killing the other 3 bosses. The fourth round was just too much fun, so I let the students go off on their own. Good luck guys!

So.. now what?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
So I found on wowhead mention how to get around the despawning of the last boss bug. Remember the elite near where the 'bodies' of the students were? While fighting the egg layer boss, go pull that elite into the fight. When the fight is done, the students won't get 'intercepted' by that elite and thus the final boss sticks around for the fight. Going to try it now!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]