MoP Darkmoon Cards: Unbalanced requirements.

91 Blood Elf Priest
There's a difference between the BOP cloth to make the BOE epics and the scrolls being throttled--I have the opportunity to create as many cloth as I want if I choose to farm for the harmony. I don't get that option with my Inscription.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Hmm, I thought you could use motes for creating scrolls of wisdom. Well, at least there are weekly quests for scribes that can be completed for additional scrolls.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
We need to be able to trade for it. I don't agree with removing the cooldown on creating a scroll, but I think being able to trade for a mote of harmony or say 20 ink would be beneficial without breaking the cards themselves.

Essentially, I can't make ANYTHING else that requires a scroll, because it's all more expensive and takes more scrolls than the DMCs do (see: Inscribed Fans or the BOP staves). Without a more reliable way to generate scrolls, inscriptionists become extremely restricted by what we can make.
Edited by Crazzarc on 10/2/2012 12:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
Where are the weekly quests for scribes?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
My problem is having to choose one or the other - making an OH or Darkmoon Decks. I look at Blacksmithing - they can use Spirits of Harmony for everything (which does suck) but those are not on a daily CD so you're prohibited by how much you want grind for SoH.

Alchemists have a daily CD on their Living Steel Transmute, however those are BoE so if you need more you can just buy more.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
10/02/2012 01:35 PMPosted by Pandæmonium

I believe I saw one with the Lorewalkers? above Mogu'shan palace. I'm not on at the moment though. You have to make a painting or something.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/02/2012 02:04 PMPosted by Crazzarc

I believe I saw one with the Lorewalkers? above Mogu'shan palace. I'm not on at the moment though. You have to make a painting or something.

I got a quest like that in the Jade Forest. Given the material cost, I have not yet completed it.
Reply Quote
82 Tauren Shaman
Most of the weeklies cost AT LEAST 5 Spirits and 5 Starlight Ink. Most players have yet to even reach 5 spirits.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I also believe the cost of making a card is way too high, there is almost no cards on the open market and i shudder to think of the price of a trinket if someone does manage to put one together, i really don't think they intended for one or two people per server being able to afford them.

It would be great if the daily CD we used created two scrolls and not one, im currently saving mine to make the staff after 20 days of CD's so i cant even make any cards.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
I'm thinking staff instead of cards too; I cannot see how scribes will possibly be able to recover the cost of making DMC in this expansion. People on my server are very, very cheap and expensive stuff like this just rots on the AH.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Not sure if its been mentioned yet, but apparently there is a weekly for scribes as well to get Scrolls of Wisdom, but from the requirements ive seen, its still kind of useless when majority of them requires Spirit of Harmony and Starlight Inks.
Reply Quote
The level of the trinket isn't going to be worth the price of the thing. It's just not. What with how much it costs to make them and the c/d's involved.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
The most fun I ever had in game was hunting for herbs to then create a bag-full of cards and watch them combine into pretty trinkets. This fun is no more.
Edited by Sunnier on 10/3/2012 8:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Not to mention the fact that inscribers on high pop servers like mine are screwed for the simple fact that the rich players can just buy their cards outright and dbl their money by turning it into decks. where as the poor players are now screwed because they were only able to make the cards by spending hours herbing in the past now they either can a) buy the cd or b) buy the cards at ridiculous prices... its sad that blizzard has little appreciation for true farmers this expansion
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

I got a quest like that in the Jade Forest. Given the material cost, I have not yet completed it.

Yea. I saw the requirements and just sighed. Haven't done it yet either.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
10/03/2012 08:42 AMPosted by Shàftmaster
Not to mention the fact that inscribers on high pop servers like mine are screwed for the simple fact that the rich players can just buy their cards outright and dbl their money by turning it into decks. where as the poor players are now screwed because they were only able to make the cards by spending hours herbing in the past now they either can a) buy the cd or b) buy the cards at ridiculous prices... its sad that blizzard has little appreciation for true farmers this expansion

In my mind, a true farmer is someone who either enjoys stumbling across nodes as they go about their daily business or someone who enjoys flying around in circles all day long. In the first case, they are sacrificing the bonus from a second crafting profession. In the second case, they are sacrificing gold because they mistakenly believe that farming their own mats makes them free.

Even the poor scribes are able to sell their cards for high prices, using that gold to eventually put together the decks they need. If they feel they must craft the deck themselves, that is their fault, not Blizzards...or would you prefer the cards themselves were BoP?
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Hunter
Plain and simply put if they took out the scroll requirement and or took the CD off the scroll Darkmoon cards would be damn near worthless as the price would drop so drastically cause then the mats would be ridiculously easy. I can farm the mats to make 5 darkmoon cards minus the scrolls in about 2 hours tops on my server I am getting around 5k give or take a card now and its the only real big money maker for scribes as so many people are flodding the market with shoulder glyphs they are dropping in price as well. I fully agree it totally sucks basically having it on a one card per day basis basically but it gives scribes a chance to make money again like the days when changing specs meant you needed to buy all new glyphs. The newer buy one and done system for glyphs dramatically reduced glyph money making and now with the removal of primes all that is left is darkmoon cards for high value marketing. The ONLY thing that sucks is having to chose between making the bind on account staves or making darkmoon cards cause for at least 20 days you can't do both however after the staff is made you can pass it around characters
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/03/2012 08:42 AMPosted by Shàftmaster

If someone is buying your cards and making double thats your own fault that you didnt charge more. Besides, id hardly call making 4k for minutes work then someone else making 4k off of you screwed.

Poor people were really never part of the darkmoon card equation. Decks are a high end luxury item and tbh they arnt even going to be much more expensive than in the past because even though there's a daily CD raising the price, the mats for cards are significantly less lowering the price.

Decks for the first fair are always obnoxious because people know they can gouge raiders. They arnt expensive because the mats are to high, or the CD on scroll of wisdom, they are expensive because scribes want to make a lot of gold. the mats for 1 card right now with no ink trader is roughly 20 stacks of non fools cap herbs, which on my server runs less than 2k total. Those cards posted for 5k....thats 2k for mats and 3k left for profit and the "cost" of the CD. and 5k are the cheaper cards.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Ok Im sorry i assumed that the average WOW forum reader was above a 4th grade reading level. Let me break it down for you so you can understand... I didn't not once say i was selling cards and losing a profit, what i was saying is that blizzard has taken away the joy of farming mats and being able to trade and interact with other inscrpintionst by trading cards that was what I found fun as an inscriptionist because of these new changes The rich players on my server are able to buy the cards which run roughly 14k+ a piece and turn them into decks and sell the decks for 200k+ if a new tranfer or a new player who picks up inscription is not going to be able to compete with these guys... ALL I WAS SAYING was the it is unbalanced IMO. I have been trading and selling DMCs since wrath i know that the first DMF after the expansion is crazy hectic but i just feel as if blizzard is encouraging others to buy gold just so we can compete with the rich players and i don't feel that i should have to buy cards to build my own trinket if i am an inscriptionist (seems kind of a contradiction IMO)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/03/2012 11:20 AMPosted by Shàftmaster
what i was saying is that blizzard has taken away the joy of farming mats and being able to trade and interact with other inscrpintionst by trading cards that was what I found fun as an inscriptionist because of these new changes The rich players on my server are able to buy the cards which run roughly 14k+ a piece and turn them into decks and sell the decks for 200k+

the changes this time around have not changed this in any way...the only thing different from the past is that inflation as raised 5k cards and 50k decks to 10k cards and 100k decks.

You can still farm mats, you can still trade cards. The amount of people that are going to be buying 14k cards is small. The amount of people that actually sell(note: SELL not list) for 200k is even smaller.

I have also been making and selling darkmoon decks since wrath and i see no major difference except volume. You don't have to buy anything. You have enough time to make enough cards to make almost 2 decks, if you cant trade with that many cards to complete a deck that is your own issue.
Edited by Zachfu on 10/3/2012 11:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]