Black Market Auction House + heroic loot

90 Human Warrior
Why are heroic raid drops being sold for gold on the BMAH? I can understand the cosmetic items and mounts as well as normal mode loot (although I strongly disagree with it), but putting heroic gear on here is crossing the line.

For an analogy, think of the BMAH or the Real Money Auction House in Diablo as legalizing drugs - it's not "morally" acceptable, but people are going to do it anyway so you might as well accept it and try and control the situation a bit.

Putting heroic loot up for sale is like legalizing steroids in competitive sports. Should that be something we accept as well?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
It really douches competitive raiders.
If you want to get rid of some gold, cap it way lower for starters. You may also want to get rid of the gold sellers and botters controlling ore and herb prices and consequently gem and other crafted items prices. There is no way a single person can legitimately farm up hundreds of stacks a day and you keep letting it go. They're really easy to spot, just get on the AH a little. The way I see it, I'm being punished for playing by the rules.

It is so obviously a bad idea, not to mention demoralizing, at least when it comes to heroic gear so early on. Raids aren't even out yet. So what's in it for you, Blizz?
Edited by Dænni on 9/29/2012 5:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Priest
09/29/2012 05:23 PMPosted by Gravarc
Putting heroic loot up for sale is like legalizing steroids in competitive sports.
ITT: ppl who are upset they did not win the auction...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
It's a gold sink. Terrible terrible implementation of a gold sink, but what can you do?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Who the hell care? There's only a chance for heroic loot to be there and only one. (remember that word, read is very carefully) ONE person on the entire server can win it
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
There's been about ~3-5 Heroic pieces on the BMAH on my server alone, Holy Pally gloves on launch day. I should clarify that's only the ones I know about that my guildies have told me.
Edited by Naumu on 9/29/2012 6:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
really wish they would of waited to sell heroic raid gear until the actual raid was unlocked.

09/29/2012 06:01 PMPosted by Lovelykitty
Who the hell care? There's only a chance for heroic loot to be there and only one. (remember that word, read is very carefully) ONE person on the entire server can win it

There's been over a dozen items on our AH, it's not as rare as they assured people.
Edited by Postonforums on 9/29/2012 6:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
There's only been one heroic piece on there on my realm. Strength dps ring. Other than that it's been PvP stuff or pets.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So far mine has had a bunch of pets and level 60 gear, + 1 503 cloth bracer

It's not that easy to win either; you don't know exactly when the auction closes so if you really want it you've got to sit there for 4 hours (I think) after the time goes to "Short" and spam refresh to see if anyone outbids you.
Edited by Lusignan on 9/29/2012 6:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
09/29/2012 06:01 PMPosted by Lovelykitty

You get a lot of stuff on the BMAH within one week. It's not like one piece stays there for a month ad nothing new gets put up.

There is also only one server first kill and so forth. You honestly believe there's nothing wrong with doing it with relatively op heroic gear that doesn't even exist yet on loot tables?

I am sure high lvl pvp gear will also get used for pve at this stage.
Edited by Dænni on 9/29/2012 6:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
It doesn't matter if it's "easy" to win or not, it still shouldn't be there right now. Especially Heroic gear.
Edited by Naumu on 9/29/2012 6:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
26 Worgen Rogue
Players have always been able to purchase heroic raid armor & weapons as well as Heroic Raid titles & mounts & vanities.

I'm not sure what the big deal is other than the fact that instead of funneling all that gold to the heroic raiders, Blizzard is funneling it out of the economy.

*I suppose maybe what is causing people to feel emotionally stressed is that they used to be the ones selling heroic raid gear, now they feel compelled to buy it.

Anyway, to the complaint that is this thread I said, 'meh'. Buying heroic raid gear is not new.
Edited by Psynister on 9/29/2012 6:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
09/29/2012 06:39 PMPosted by Psynister
Buying heroic raid gear is not new.

It's definitely new when the normal version of the raid isn't even out yet. This should not even be in the BMAH, at least until a month into the tier, if not later. It should not have been in since launch day.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Players have always been able to purchase heroic raid armor & weapons as well as Heroic Raid titles & mounts & vanities.

Not before anyone on your server killed it. :P

That's the only people i see bothering to spend that kind of gold on it anyway.
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
It kind of encourages players to buy gold for IRL money, don't you think?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
09/29/2012 09:03 PMPosted by Jehoma
It kind of encourages players to buy gold for IRL money, don't you think?

Ya, I saw this originally
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
You honestly believe there's nothing wrong with doing it with relatively op heroic gear that doesn't even exist yet on loot tables?

No i don't see anything wrong with this. Because it doesn't affect me in any shape of form. Why would i care if the guy next to me got a heroic piece of gear for 20k+

No offence but you people need to get over yourself and accept the fact that not everything is a competition. Why does it matter to you that some dude won a piece of gear, Are you desperatly trying to be #1 dps on your server or something?

Hell i don't even play diablo 3 but i read the forum all the time because it's hilarious and i lose faithin humanity everytime i see someone trying to get a class nerfed, it's almost the same here for complaining about someone winning a piece of gear because (let face it) if X person won the piece of gear he or she wouldn't have complained about it in the first place
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/29/2012 09:34 PMPosted by Lovelykitty
Why would i care if the guy next to me got a heroic piece of gear for 20k+

Because if you go to a raid with a ring from a heroic dungeon and wipe on a boss at 1% another group that is equally skilled could get the kill only because of buying a heroic raid ring. If it doesn't effect you you don't raid or care about raid progression at all.

I've been against it since I heard about it months ago although I like the BMAH as a gold sink selling vanity items.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Its bait for the dumb people who buy gold just get win the stuff on the black market so blizz can ban them.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
09/29/2012 11:26 PMPosted by Carathen
Why would i care if the guy next to me got a heroic piece of gear for 20k+

Because if you go to a raid with a ring from a heroic dungeon and wipe on a boss at 1% another group that is equally skilled could get the kill only because of buying a heroic raid ring. If it doesn't effect you you don't raid or care about raid progression at all.

I've been against it since I heard about it months ago although I like the BMAH as a gold sink selling vanity items.

And how does it effect you that some guy killed a boss You act like heroic fight are balanced around everyone in the party having several pre raid heroic gear from BMAH. if you wipe on a boss it's either because you stood in the fire or you were undergeared, which can be fixed by moving out of the fire or getting better gear from dungeons or raid.

The exact same thing could be said with RNG. X guy killed a boss Y time faster because last week, Z trinket droped for him but not for me so his group killed the boss faster

If it doesn't effect you you don't raid or care about raid progression at all.

I care about MY raid progression, i don't give a flying !@#$ if the next random guy killed a boss before me, You however seem to care about nothing but realm/world first kill
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]