Black Market Auction House + heroic loot

72 Tauren Paladin
You're right OP I'm absolutely furious that someone spent 600k on a pair of heroic bracers. Totally ruins my enjoyment of the game knowing that someone somewhere has an epic before I do.. FOR SHAME BLIZZARD.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC
I care about MY raid progression, i don't give a flying !@#$ if the next random guy killed a boss before me, You however seem to care about nothing but realm/world first kill

Competition is not only fun for many, but it's extremely healthy for the longevity of "games." Without competition humans would never be inclined to participate in games.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Wait, did I just read a whole page of blind people not seeing what is wrong with people winning heroic gear thats not even out yet?

In many servers, guilds compete to be the first to down the boss, whether it is world first, or server first. Don't you think a person with that extra piece of heroic is going to have such an unfair advantage over the rest?

"If you're wiping its because you're not moving out of fire or not geared enough"

Yes, I'm sure that veteran raiders in top guilds are wiping on heroic bosses after 10s of tries because they cant move out of fire. Go get better gear? Sure, I'm sure the raid lockouts and boss loot table wouldn't impede that in any way. Now, with 2 equally experienced guilds of raiders, the one with more gear wins. And the AH will give you that gear which doesn't even drop yet. Smart move blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
ITT: People with no gold complaining that they can't use the BMAH
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This is just the first step in a pay-to-win system. I'm honestly so completely disgusted with Blizzard's stance on this concept..... but the replies in this thread are the perfect example of how things have changed so much.

Look how many people don't care about this. Remember when people had to put in the blood, sweat, and tears to get gear so they could progress further? Remember when we had to get 40 people together just to kill a boss? The frustration... the work... the time spent working through strategy and maximizing output..... all of that hard work thrown into it.

For all of us who clearly see what's wrong with this black market concept, there's a reason why it will not be stopped. Game creators realized over enough time, that it's not the competitive players that bring in the money. The market for people who want to play something for ~1-5 hours a week is much larger than the people who want to go hardcore. That is the only explanation needed, and is explained by the large amount of people who say "Why do I care? This doesn't affect me!"

As time goes by, pay-to-win will be implemented more and more. We'll keep fighting it, but we'll keep losing. The fact of the matter is that our type of game where we need to play hardcore is being pushed out. Whether I disagree with this concept or not will have no affect on this at all.

Can Blizzard just un-merge with Activision? Could this ever be possible?
Edited by Gamex on 9/30/2012 7:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Horrible Concept. I accept vanity items being sold on the BMAH, but Heroic Loot should never be sold on the BMAH - especially months before you can get to the content.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
09/30/2012 04:19 AMPosted by Melade
Wait, did I just read a whole page of blind people not seeing what is wrong with people winning heroic gear thats not even out yet?

Yes. People are dumb.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Heroic Loot should never be sold on BMAH while it is current content. Heroic Loot from last expansion I could see for people transmogrifying.

This definitely crosses the line. People shouldn't be able to spend RL money to buy gold and then use it to buy heroic gear (buying gold being against ToS doesn't seem to stop a lot of people from doing it).
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
You're right OP I'm absolutely furious that someone spent 600k on a pair of heroic bracers. Totally ruins my enjoyment of the game knowing that someone somewhere has an epic before I do.. FOR SHAME BLIZZARD.

also to people complaining about how this is a gateway drug to outright selling gear for irl money

until blizzard actually starts selling gold for money, you can't really accuse them of that

purchasing gold from websites and whatnot is still illegal
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/30/2012 07:23 AMPosted by Gamex
Look how many people don't care about this. Remember when people had to put in the blood, sweat, and tears to get gear so they could progress further? Remember when we had to get 40 people together just to kill a boss? The frustration... the work... the time spent working through strategy and maximizing output..... all of that hard work thrown into it.

That only works if you have 40 people who want to do that. I doubt there are 10 people like that on my whole server now. If it doesn't fall over quickly and give purples then they unsub.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/30/2012 07:15 AMPosted by Blob
ITT: People with no gold complaining that they can't use the BMAH

This really. The 'buying gold' thing is a red herring. Who doesn't have a few hundred K by now? You'd be hard pressed to burn through what you've got left over after Cata, at the BMAH. It's hard enough to even win the item.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/30/2012 01:12 PMPosted by Zharshoul
until blizzard actually starts selling gold for money,

It's worth mentioning that Blizz has been selling a BoE pet for real life money that can be sold in-game for WoW gold for around a year.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
You can bet your !@# world first guilds will be watching the BMAH carefully in order to prepare for raiding.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Shaman
All three major raiding guilds I'm in are using guild gold to buy the stuff. There are no "rich people" buying the gear. It's just the top guilds funneling the gold (all three of mine, for example, are sitting in the 5-6 million range by funneling gold to officer's alts once the gbank ran out - or alt guilds) into their main raiders. Don't believe me? Look at the top guilds. Blood Legion has a paladin with 9 epics already. You best believe they are getting that gear first.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Some raiders might be fully decked out before the raid is even released, which is beyond ridiculous imo. Exactly as Junglecast said about BL's Paladin.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
they thing is why run the raid more than a few times for achieves,lore

if your already geared

your just ruining for yourself anyway
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Last two days of viewing the Black Market (pics to prove)

Onyxan drake day one

Mimi Head day two

I wouldn't complain so much if it was actually rare to see these on the AH.... but everyday a rare mount? cmon..... Soon these will be selling for 10k a piece (which is pocket change) and everyone will be riding one.
I have the gold to buy all the mounts for 300k ea, but even then, it ruins the enjoyment of owning something so easily obtained at that point....

If your going to put up something that downplays raiders who work hard for these mounts + HEROIC loot...... make it a rare spawn on the AH......
Don't just give it away.

For one thing the gear should be taken off completely.... It basically gives people a reason not to raid anymore.... Not when you can buy all your gear and mounts....

Just wait, if this continues, I forsee this becoming the COS (back in wrath) were everyone is riding a bronze drake and it becomes the lamest thing around...

Give us something cool to work for and make it worth it.

For all those who want to buy there way to the top, they can go play second life or something.....
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter

In many servers, guilds compete to be the first to down the boss, whether it is world first, or server first. Don't you think a person with that extra piece of heroic is going to have such an unfair advantage over the rest?

"If you're wiping its because you're not moving out of fire or not geared enough"

Yes, I'm sure that veteran raiders in top guilds are wiping on heroic bosses after 10s of tries because they cant move out of fire. Go get better gear? Sure, I'm sure the raid lockouts and boss loot table wouldn't impede that in any way. Now, with 2 equally experienced guilds of raiders, the one with more gear wins. And the AH will give you that gear which doesn't even drop yet. Smart move blizzard.

Do you really think that the top guild on the server will lose to some other guild due to one guy maybe having one piece of heroic raid gear. Seriously? Are you really being serious? Honestly, this is one of the stupidest comments I have heard yet.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Last two days of viewing the Black Market (pics to prove)

Onyxan drake day one

Mimi Head day two

I wouldn't complain so much if it was actually rare to see these on the AH.... but everyday a rare mount? cmon..... Soon these will be selling for 10k a piece (which is pocket change) and everyone will be riding one.
I have the gold to buy all the mounts for 300k ea, but even then, it ruins the enjoyment of owning something so easily obtained at that point....

If your going to put up something that downplays raiders who work hard for these mounts + HEROIC loot...... make it a rare spawn on the AH......
Don't just give it away.

For one thing the gear should be taken off completely.... It basically gives people a reason not to raid anymore.... Not when you can buy all your gear and mounts....

Just wait, if this continues, I forsee this becoming the COS (back in wrath) were everyone is riding a bronze drake and it becomes the lamest thing around...

Give us something cool to work for and make it worth it.

For all those who want to buy there way to the top, they can go play second life or something.....

Ok, first off, A LOT of ppl downed the required bosses to get both Mimiron's head AND the Onyxian Drake. Seriously, get over it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]