Why to not roll a DK?

34 Goblin Warrior
Okay I need to find some faith in warriors here.

Tell me why I Shouldn't roll a DK? I've read they are better tanks, more fun in pvp, more survivable altogether.

Here's what I'm looking for. I want a class that can tank like a boss, I want to have fun in BG's and be able to smash through opponents and have fun doing it. I want to be decent pve dps if I decide to do so.

What class should I roll? Please be serious. I'm leaning towards warrior but have seen some VERY negative comments about them from 85-90 warriors.

Help!!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Roll a dk, warrior doesnt seem like its for you.
Reply Quote
34 Goblin Warrior
09/29/2012 05:58 PMPosted by Rosebull
Roll a dk, warrior doesnt seem like its for you.

please be serious. I don't want people to think I'm scared of a challenge because I'm not. I just want to have fun. I don't care if I have to work hard to be as good as a DK or a Pally, I just want to know I'd have a good time doing it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Because the undead pores of a DK cannot support the full beard of a warrior.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
09/29/2012 05:54 PMPosted by Kache
I want a class that can tank like a boss, I want to have fun in BG's and be able to smash through opponents and have fun doing it. I want to be decent pve dps if I decide to do so.

Honestly, your ability to tear through enemies, excel at tanking, and pull mad dps is more dependent of the player than the class. A warrior has the ability to do all three of those things, if you do.

09/29/2012 06:02 PMPosted by Kache
I don't care if I have to work hard to be as good as a DK or a Pally, I just want to know I'd have a good time doing it.

Just play around with all three classes for an hour or two. You'll start to feel which you like more soon enough.
Reply Quote
34 Goblin Warrior
09/29/2012 06:35 PMPosted by Pollita
A true warrior would not hide behind a level 1 alt.. perhaps a rogue would be more fitting for you

I guess you think you're clever? I just came back to the game after having my old account hacked and sold and I want to start a tanking character. Who's hiding?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Warriors are probably my favorite class, they do decent damage, If you spec and play them right, you can beat almost any class, but they're hard to master, and yet one of the best classes once you master it, dks arent really all thaat fun. they look cool and all but the moves are kinda boring and dont require thaat much skill, and in the end, warriors are actually the best class to tank with, but also the hardest. but you know, i still like dks, but in the end, warriors i would say are better for tanking, as for pvp, death knights take that, warriors just got nerfed hardcore, so they suck at pvp right now, as for dk's, they rock in pvp. but like i said, dks arent as much fun to play, and i would say warriors are better for killing mobs because they have better AOE, hope that helps.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Why worry about what other people are saying? Have you played a warrior before? Did you enjoy it? What did you enjoy about playing it? What did you NOT enjoy? Read up on some of the changes to warriors and then decide if you want to play a warrior.
Reply Quote
69 Night Elf Priest
09/29/2012 07:37 PMPosted by Kache
I guess you think you're clever? I just came back to the game after having my old account hacked and sold and I want to start a tanking character. Who's hiding?

oh they even told you it was sold after it was hacked? damn you know alot of stuff about that made up sto... oh wait.. sorry i believe you.

On the main point.

I would roll a DK. They can solo mostly all lesser raid, do as good as the warrior in everything else and less of a pain surviving the oh !@#$ moment.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Warriors are significantly more survivable than DKs post-patch due to armor boosts (whereas DKs got a stamina increase in Blood Presence only) and the buff to Defensive.

But think on a more fundamental level. Warriors are in their most basic iteration visceral. A Death Knight emblazons his weapon with magical, powerful runes in order to strengthen it before he takes it into battle. A Warrior has no need for such things; he trusts his blade, it is part of him, an extension of his mind, body, and sheer iron-willed determination to come out the last man standing.

A Warrior does not disease his foes and wait for them to succumb. He charges into the fray, weapon swinging, shield smashing, eyes clouded with the battle-haze and the blood flying everywhere. His opponents' blood is mixed with his own. The Warrior bleeds. He is fallible, he is mortal, but still he perseveres. He continues. He fights on.

The Warrior knows the difference between peace and war. He understands the value of the sheathed sword in comparison to the drawn blade; he can tell when it is time for the warhammer, and when he should take up the shield.

Warriors do not understand the meaning of cowardice, nor fear, nor weakness. A Warrior will pursue his foe to the ends of Azeroth, fighting with sword, axe, shield, even fists should he lack weapons until his enemy lies beneath him in a bloody heap of despair. A Warrior is not subtle; he is not elegant. He is brutal, effective, and pragmatic. A Warrior knows that one's resources are limited only by his imagination.

Warriors did not always seek battle, but it has defined them. A Warrior learns from his mistakes and plans accordingly. He stands fast in the face of insurmountable odds, because he knows the value of courage, and legacy. He refuses to bow down even to death, because he knows that he is protecting the innocent lives of common folk. He IS one of the common folk; he represents what can be achieved by anyone if they just strive hard enough for a worthy cause. He stands for an ideal - the ideal that perseverance and effort can shape an ordinary citizen into the greatest of defenders - that is not extinguished by death, but instead just passed on.

The Death Knight is an aberration, defying the natural order to stalk the land as a risen fiend. He feeds on death, fear, and pain, but seeks to avoid these himself. The warrior does not. The warrior does not hide; he stands boldly. He does not flee; he fights. He does not avoid hardship; he endures it.

If this does not sound like something that appeals to you, by all means, take a left at the forum crossroads and go get your runeblade. But if what I have said struck a chord, a fundamental resonance within you, then stay. Pull up a chair, pick up some ale, and sharpen your sword.

The fellowship of Warriors always welcomes a new brother in arms.
Reply Quote
i do not enjoy warrior but i already have 3 warrior and i dont know what the hell im talking about...
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Warrior
Warriors are significantly more survivable than DKs post-patch due to armor boosts (whereas DKs got a stamina increase in Blood Presence only) and the buff to Defensive.

But think on a more fundamental level. Warriors are in their most basic iteration visceral. A Death Knight emblazons his weapon with magical, powerful runes in order to strengthen it before he takes it into battle. A Warrior has no need for such things; he trusts his blade, it is part of him, an extension of his mind, body, and sheer iron-willed determination to come out the last man standing.

A Warrior does not disease his foes and wait for them to succumb. He charges into the fray, weapon swinging, shield smashing, eyes clouded with the battle-haze and the blood flying everywhere. His opponents' blood is mixed with his own. The Warrior bleeds. He is fallible, he is mortal, but still he perseveres. He continues. He fights on.

The Warrior knows the difference between peace and war. He understands the value of the sheathed sword in comparison to the drawn blade; he can tell when it is time for the warhammer, and when he should take up the shield.

Warriors do not understand the meaning of cowardice, nor fear, nor weakness. A Warrior will pursue his foe to the ends of Azeroth, fighting with sword, axe, shield, even fists should he lack weapons until his enemy lies beneath him in a bloody heap of despair. A Warrior is not subtle; he is not elegant. He is brutal, effective, and pragmatic. A Warrior knows that one's resources are limited only by his imagination.

Warriors did not always seek battle, but it has defined them. A Warrior learns from his mistakes and plans accordingly. He stands fast in the face of insurmountable odds, because he knows the value of courage, and legacy. He refuses to bow down even to death, because he knows that he is protecting the innocent lives of common folk. He IS one of the common folk; he represents what can be achieved by anyone if they just strive hard enough for a worthy cause. He stands for an ideal - the ideal that perseverance and effort can shape an ordinary citizen into the greatest of defenders - that is not extinguished by death, but instead just passed on.

The Death Knight is an aberration, defying the natural order to stalk the land as a risen fiend. He feeds on death, fear, and pain, but seeks to avoid these himself. The warrior does not. The warrior does not hide; he stands boldly. He does not flee; he fights. He does not avoid hardship; he endures it.

If this does not sound like something that appeals to you, by all means, take a left at the forum crossroads and go get your runeblade. But if what I have said struck a chord, a fundamental resonance within you, then stay. Pull up a chair, pick up some ale, and sharpen your sword.

The fellowship of Warriors always welcomes a new brother in arms.
Brought a tear to my eye man, well said.
Reply Quote
91 Orc Warrior
09/29/2012 06:35 PMPosted by Pollita
A true warrior would not hide behind a level 1 alt.. perhaps a rogue would be more fitting for you

Ugh, could we please stop this "true warrior" BS? You're not. None of us are. It's a game. And it's a little sad that some of you refer to yourselves as 'true warriors'.
Reply Quote
09/29/2012 09:38 PMPosted by Neltaris

oh they even told you it was sold after it was hacked? damn you know alot of stuff about that made up sto... oh wait.. sorry i believe you.

On the main point.

I would roll a DK. They can solo mostly all lesser raid, do as good as the warrior in everything else and less of a pain surviving the oh !@#$ moment.

Now I know why trolls are one of the least played races in the game. They're all too busy on here. As if I need to explain myself to anyone, I don't know how it happened, but I have nothing to hide about it, I've never had a level 85 or even a level 80, I stopped playing about 3 years ago, just decided to come back, and have contacted blizz about my old account and they claim it's just lost, so I had to start over. What in the hell is so shameful about that?

-ON THE MAIN POINT-

thanks to all the helpful responses, I'm rolling warrior and sticking with it. this druid is going to be leveled with my wife's hunter, but my warrior will be leveled when she's not playing. looking forward to tanking/pvp with him.
Reply Quote
81 Night Elf Druid
DK's are too faceroll, got a lot of advantages

IF you want a challenge, play a warrior. More so if you're insane and masochistic.

PErsonally, I'd rather tell you to roll a death knight, they're more fun. Warriors are frustrating to play. Plus, as a DK, you have the capability to solo almost every old raid in the game - including the cata ones.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
09/29/2012 06:34 PMPosted by Kreag
Because the undead pores of a DK cannot support the full beard of a warrior.

I lol'd hard.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]