Who gave Coren Direbrew roids?

90 Human Warlock
OK I know in the past he was a joke. Usually I dont ask for nerfs but this is ridiculous. Its only a week into the expansion and we are wiping on this guy non stop because no one has had enough time to get geared. He seriously needs to be toned down. Healers keep running OOM and cant keep the DPS alive because they have to spam heal the tank. DPS dont have enough gear yet to kill him before healer goes OOM. Tanks dont have enough gear yet to make life easier for the healers. Has anyone else noticed this? Its like they made him a raid boss. I mean how many people does Blizzard think already have the gear to do this? Closest I have gotten him in 17 tries with multiple different groups was 14%. Also everyone was 90 so its not like we had an 89 tank still in full greens.
Reply Quote
I know. Past few times I've seen that guy just go up and one shot people including me.

I think he's been going to the gym and eating his Wheaties
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Shaman
This is a joke right? I healed this at level 89 in full Cataclysmic gear (the level 85 stuff) very easily. I've healed 89 tanks, had full groups of 89s... you're just bad if you can't do this.

ITT: You don't know the mechanics and expected to just target dummy him down. Don't do that.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
level 89 tanks who arent even in tank gear have been doing him fine.
Reply Quote
I know. Past few times I've seen that guy just go up and one shot people including me.

I think he's been going to the gym and eating his Wheaties

This was character I tanked him with last year I think it was and he was cake compered to the way he is now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You had a seriously awful tank then.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
09/30/2012 06:03 PMPosted by Balhale
You had a seriously awful tank then.

So all the DPS that arent even breaking 20k are fine?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This was character I tanked him with last year I think it was and he was cake compered to the way he is now.

He was easier compared to what he is now last year.

Last year he was soloable. And tuned for people in Blues while we had Firelands gear.

Did you want them to make it even easier?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
09/30/2012 05:07 PMPosted by Lilicia
OK I know in the past he was a joke. Usually I dont ask for nerfs but this is ridiculous. Its only a week into the expansion and we are wiping on this guy non stop because no one has had enough time to get geared. He seriously needs to be toned down. Healers keep running OOM and cant keep the DPS alive because they have to spam heal the tank. DPS dont have enough gear yet to kill him before healer goes OOM. Tanks dont have enough gear yet to make life easier for the healers. Has anyone else noticed this? Its like they made him a raid boss. I mean how many people does Blizzard think already have the gear to do this? Closest I have gotten him in 17 tries with multiple different groups was 14%. Also everyone was 90 so its not like we had an 89 tank still in full greens.

he is tuned to be equal to a heroic 5 man boss.

he has some of the only lvl 90 epics available atm.

Unless you want them to just put the lvl 85 guy back with 85 loot, quit complaining.
Edited by Axslav on 9/30/2012 6:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
09/30/2012 06:28 PMPosted by Axslav

And for people who havent done level 90 heroics yet, they're tuned to about Hot level.... Level 85 Hot level (Mechanics that hit for ~25k on level 90s)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
"and we are wiping on this guy non stop because no one has had enough time to get geared".....srsly? you use this as your reason for a nerf?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
well i've never wiped on it *shrug*
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
You need to be pretty fail to wipe on this.....sometimes I just 4 man instead of waiting for the dps who cannot find the controls no matter how many times it is explained lol
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Too many people have been touched by the sha of entitlement.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Don't think its as much Direbrew getting roids as much as it has to do with us being pitifully weak in comparison to last year. It's almost like the boss mechanics actually matter.
Reply Quote
OP is right! I think the first time I fought him my tank maybe got to half hp while I was healing. I got scared.

And THEN when I was DPSing him he had the NERVE to disarm me!

NERF NEEDED BIG TIME.
Reply Quote
09/30/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Postonforums

And for people who havent done level 90 heroics yet, they're tuned to about Hot level.... Level 85 Hot level (Mechanics that hit for ~25k on level 90s)

I felt he was a bit harder than the heroic bosses, but that might be the 89's in the team.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
What? I heal this guy with nothing (100% NOTHING) else than holy fire/smite/penance
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
The only thing that can wipe you [in my experience] is the tank getting barreled by Ursula.

Solution: stick the lowest DPS by Ursula and have the tank move Coren to the other side of the room.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Ive had no problems with this boss... Then again I've had streaks where I can't kill him. It all comes down to the randomness of the barreled ability. As a tank, being barreled for 20+ seconds consecutively means a wipe. Fix barreled so that ursala cannot chain cast barreled on the tank (once or twice is fine, but there have been times where I'm running around like a chicken cut off for 20-30 seconds).

Currently, we've been double tanking it just to be safe. There's just no way to fight this. Ursala respawns instantly and there's no way to prevent being barreled.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]