- It has absolutely no use outside of groups. It's the only spell I know of that behaves that way. Perhaps letting it be cast on enemies for a minor spell that can be used while out soloing/doing dailies would help.
- 5.5 second cast time. I can't count the times I go to cast this and someone goes into combat, then it fails. Does it really need a long cast time? Asking people to wait is unpleasant for all involved. Especially since you need to wait to figure out who you want to cast it on, either for your benefit or maybe to benefit the healer/tank.
- Cant be cast in combat. Related to above. I think I know why this is, the developers dont want us changing which spell we get in boss fights to give us an advantage. Maybe a medium cooldown like 15 minutes or so would be better. Some people prefer to chain pull instances for faster runs. This doesn't give us the opportunity we need to cast.
- Moonkin Spells. There's only 1 spell we receive that aids our DPS and that's the mage's Mirror Image spell. The other's vary by situation but I feel are pretty useless outside of PvP. Tanks get a few spells for tanking, feral and resto also get multiple spells to help them in their specialization.
- The recipient. Most are unaware that they get a spell or even where to find it. Sometimes our spellbooks like like a blur when we're in a hurry. I have to tell them which spell they got and most of the time, how to find it. Maybe a nice pop-up similar to the special abilities button for boss fights could help.
The "SYMBIOSIS needs to be changed" thread
The cast time is too long. Usually the tank starts pulling before you can cast.
I agree with points 2 and 3.
Point 4 doesn't pay well with moonkin in PvE but PvP.. :D
As for number 5, I think people will realize it soon enough or if you actually told them.
I imagine it would just give you access to offspec spells.
Balance - Lifebloom
Feral - Regrowth
Resto - Survival Instincts
Guardian - Ironbark
Those are just some ideas but the concept stays the same, dps getting heals, heals getting survivability and tanks getting survivability.
There's a chart of the results for reference.
I'm thinking this spell isn't that great... I'm actually a bit disappointed, though I'm still kind of on the fence.
From a PvE perspective, you don't really get anything good except Feral Spirit. Soul Swap is kinda good, but most boss fights so far are just single target anyway and the 30s cooldown makes it not terribly useful for trash. I get one bleed swap and then that's it. It's not terrible... it's actually pretty good, but it's not great.
For the things I grant, the pairs don't really make sense to me. Why do I give tranq to a Shadow Priest when a healing Priest gets cyclone??? I get that some of these are good for PvP, but it would be nice if they made sense. Actually it would be even nicer if there was a PvP mode and a PvE mode, and if the abilities meshed together fairly well.
This expansion is supposed to be about flavour and choice, but this ability doesn't really make me feel that way. So far it seems that if I'm in a group, Sym on a Shaman is the best way to go for me and there's not really a lot of other options.
Other than this, agreed with the OP. The mechanics on this spell are kinda goofy and it needs to be way more obvious that someone has gotten an ability from symbiosis. As a feral druid, I'm not terribly impressed with our shiny new level 87 ability :(
That's just speculation though.
10/01/2012 09:58 AMPosted by NoonieSorry, this spell is simply amazing as is, to change what it is now would be considered too damn OP.
You're a feral druid as well as I am... I'm underwhelmed with this spell and you're obviously quite taken with it.
Read my post above, then post your own thoughts to contrast it. I'm interested in your perspective since, where I'm sitting, it doesn't seem like ferals get a whole lot useful out of it... at least from a PvE perspective. PvP seems like it's more useful.
Also, 'cause it's not always clear on forums these days, I'm being sincere and not sarcastic. Please enlighten me, perhaps I'm missing something? I just don't see a whole lot of options for me and/or value in giving it to other people. Looking at the table, I get one solid skill, one situational skill, and all the rest aren't very good. For giving, it's pretty similar... only a couple classes get anything terribly useful (as I'm seeing it). What am I missing?
Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.