Shado-Pan Monastery (H)

90 Troll Priest
Is anyone else struggling on this? I managed to have one person die and go oom on the Sha of Violence. Just so much going out. Then the trash after that was just devastating. I'm dispelling asap, I don't know if I'm not aware of mechanics or what. The other heroics have been fairly easy.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Yeah SPM is the worst for healing - at least that second halfish. The trash is brutal if your group mishandles mechanics or pulls more than 1 pack. You're not alone in having issues there.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Nope, it's pretty terrible. Even with a full guild group, we do struggle at times.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I've actually haven't really done much before Sha of Violence, always got into a group where the healer dropped at Sha of anger or the trash after. My gear is pretty decent, haven't seen a cloak drop yet though. Really trying to replace my non spirit gear, but for some reason prot warriors and hunters can roll on spirit trinkets and int necks.

Just felt so ashamed of myself for wiping on the trash before him and always left. >< I've only downed the last boss while joining as shadow.

DISPEL a disorient that the tank gets on the Sha of Violence as soon as you can. This disorient only lasts 4s, but it means the tank loses aggro temporarily and the boss is going to be swinging at your DPS.

I haven't been dispelling that though, so that should help.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It's pretty ridiculous. Tanks just fall over when there's a Destroying Sha, and I was sitting at around 10% mana for a third of Taran Zhu (oh god not another orb phase nope nope nope).

Next time I do it in a guild group I'll ask people to CC. The sha trash and the ones with the shadow bolt storm are really nasty. ._.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
CCing adds really does help a lot. Don't AOE the sha adds after the second boss. Some of those adds also heal themselves, so DPS will want to interrupt. You also have to worry about the archers.

The trash before the last boss is awful. You have to use cooldowns on this stuff, there is no other way around it. Tell people to also not stand in the 'ring' of the black swirly ring of death.

For the last boss, DPS HAVE to switch to the orbs. I yell at my guildies when they don't.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/01/2012 02:11 AMPosted by Sparklefever
DISPEL a disorient that the tank gets on the Sha of Violence as soon as you can. This disorient only lasts 4s, but it means the tank loses aggro temporarily and the boss is going to be swinging at your DPS.

^ Very important. I learned this when our DK got pummeled to death by the Sha when our tank was disoriented. Melee DPS are high risk for this fight.

For the trash after Sha, you need to be cycling cooldowns. Ask your DPS to drop things like Capacitor Totem or Remorseless Winter. I try and build a full Spirit Shell on the party right before the tank pulls each pack just to get a head start. I've still had wipes on the trash if the tank isn't using CD's properly. Everything else in the instance is a joke.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Did a pug last night for Shadow-Pan, did all the achievs. How? The shadowpriest helped with pom, the tank used his cds as needed, and I wasn't shy about using my own any time the health average was at half or lower. Sure, some of the trash pulls ended with someone dying, and we wiped a couple times on some of the achievs but it is very doable. Don't give up!

I actually let some of the damaging magic effects go through (I always dispel anything that prevents a player from dpsing/tanking), as I felt that it was better to do group heals -- sometimes -- than burn mana and a gcd dispelling every 8 seconds.

I'm ilvl 443 (I actually got my neck off sha of violence) so keep at it and don't be afraid to let people sit under 100%. Know when to expect damage and when it's important to heal up.

edit - and if you/group has them, make sure to use dps cds on bosses. I did a BL/Stormlash on Violence when all the adds were up. Helped them go down faster, and helped me heal through the damage.
Edited by Dakeea on 10/1/2012 10:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
10/01/2012 01:45 AMPosted by Tiriél
Nope, it's pretty terrible. Even with a full guild group, we do struggle at times.

Keep in mind that with a full guild group, it's actually more difficult. Luck of the Draw is just far too powerful, IMO.

That being said, if you just use CC, it's goes from dreadfully hard to boring easy.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
The trash can be pretty awful, especially if you have 3 melee like I did last night (blah). I've found it helpful to keep an eye on the sha adds' health and start precasting a heal to land right as they die. Make sure you stay back and tell your ranged to stay away when they explode too, since it's a proximity thing. Kill them one at a time if possible. Aura Mastery (whatever it's called now) may be good here too.

Spirit Link is great for the pulls where the tank is taking a beating - I forget what adds those are, but they're before the last boss I think. I'd imagine HoSac, Pain Supp, Ironbark, etc would be helpful there too.

Pretty much, the last five pulls or so require some sort of CD, or they can get really rough. I think I use more CD's on the trash than on the bosses in that place.
Edited by Kymiia on 10/1/2012 11:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Ty for the advice, everyone. Just ran through it again, hate that place lol. Died a bit, but much better than previous attempts. Just made sure I popped everything on trash and let a DPS die if the tank needed healing more. That place is rough. ><

Edit: But the music is awesome.
Edited by Lollipop on 10/1/2012 5:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/01/2012 10:19 AMPosted by Gobed

Keep in mind that with a full guild group, it's actually more difficult. Luck of the Draw is just far too powerful, IMO.

That being said, if you just use CC, it's goes from dreadfully hard to boring easy.

Nope. Luck of the Draw doesn't make up for DPS and tanks that do not know what the hell they're doing. Sorry, but nope. Just having a tank that knows HOW to tank and understands his active mitigation makes a WORLD of difference.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Are healers really struggling with heroics, or are you all just trolling? I cant tell...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/01/2012 08:40 PMPosted by Takkles
Are healers really struggling with heroics, or are you all just trolling? I cant tell...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Shado-pan has by far the hardest hitting trash out of all the heroics, which isn't really that big of a deal, seeing as how I barely take damage from most trash in other heroics. The sha adds only hit very hard if you let them cast (Remorseless Winter is HUUUUGE here), and the ones before the last boss don't hit that hard. It only gets crap if people decide to wait 2 mins to disable the defender. I'm assuming this will be by far the hardest challenge mode though.
Edited by Milicatwo on 10/1/2012 9:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/01/2012 08:40 PMPosted by Takkles

Well, we can't all be as awesome as you obviously are, sir. :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
If you have read my post, you'd know I am only struggling in SPM. The rest are pretty easy.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Does in get harder at 90, i just started healing (first time ever been a shaman since 07 lol). And yeah, SPM is a bit harder but, if you ask me, healing is too damn easy. Sometimes it's very /yawn.
Edited by Aztecshroom on 10/1/2012 9:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]