Blizz, what other options did you consider?

90 Worgen Mage
All very interesting info, keep it coming I like what I read. I will have to look around for the D&D warcraft dungeon guide mentioned by Bashiok, again good stuff!!
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Warrior
... D&D Warcraft books?
BAAASHIOOOK. Send me these ASAP. <3

They are on Amazon and if I recall made by White Wolf.

http://www.amazon.com/World-Warcraft-Roleplaying-Game-d20/dp/1588467813/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1349143339&sr=1-1&keywords=world+of+warcraft+rpg+book
Reply Quote
84 Gnome Warlock
I wanna try WoW alpha.

http://youtu.be/WWHCE7mgMa8

Ahh the days of circular shadows... I kind of like the sounds of those sword swings as well. The only thing that bugs me is that in that video the water washes up on the shore... We still don't have that kind of functionality (and it was teased as being implemented for cataclysm!)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I think they should do like the book and make engineer into a class instead of a profession :P or make it both!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
People didn't know there was a Wow Pen & Paper game. O.O I have a couple of the books
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
There was the dance studio which I still want by the way. /wink /wink
Reply Quote
29 Pandaren Mage
If you can manage to find copies of the D&D "Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game" dungeon guides, I swear they read like a laundry list of things that have come true since release. They aren't canon, and I don't think anyone is literally going back and checking things off, but they contain a lot of un-materialized ideas for classes and playable races. It stands to reason those ideas are still swimming around somehow, somewhere.

There are PDFs of them online. So, there's that.
Reply Quote
84 Gnome Warlock
10/01/2012 07:13 PMPosted by Nomade

How could I have forgotten this...

There was also a moose that was promised to us...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/01/2012 07:20 PMPosted by Rindy

I know. We still haven't received the moose either. ;(
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
10/01/2012 07:23 PMPosted by Nomade

Hey, that's right! Where's my 40 acres and a moose?

Bwahahahahahaha. Kidding, kidding.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight

Hey, that's right! Where's my 40 acres and a moose?

Bwahahahahahaha. Kidding, kidding.

That was.... just.... lol..... horrible
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage

Which one?!

duhn duh duuuuuuuuh!

<3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Y73sPHKxw
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Paladin
Like Thrall and Deathwing smoking a hookah together.

CAN'T WAIT TO GO TO ARGUS NEXT XPAC!

yes, please. Argus is supposed to be very canon

Given that pandaren, a concept Alliance race, is given an entire expansion and a whole continent to tell their stories, I'd say we draenei deserve the same
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
Well from the "The Art of Warcraft" book the Tauren had a note that each one carried a pouch of herbs and such that was ment to prevent the "fever" and many other tidbits.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight

NOT CANON

Which one?!

Nick Cannon

lol

xD
Edited by Mælstromedos on 10/1/2012 7:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Last night I was reading through my World of Warcraft game manual from when I bought my first copy of the game. Pretty much everything in the last few pages in the lore/map section has been implemented into the game by this point except for Kul Tiras, Crestfall, Zul'dare, the tomb of Sargeras, and the Broken Isles. Sadly Chen Stormstout was missing from the founding of Durotar section. Zandalar and that other island that used to be on the map pre-MoP also have yet to be implemented.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
10/01/2012 07:39 PMPosted by Pizzaeeta
Last night I was reading through my World of Warcraft game manual from when I bought my first copy of the game. Pretty much everything in the last few pages in the lore/map section has been implemented into the game by this point except for Kul Tiras, Crestfall, Zul'dare, the tomb of Sargeras, and the Broken Isles. Sadly Chen Stormstout was missing from the founding of Durotar section. Zandalar and that other island that used to be on the map pre-MoP also have yet to be implemented.

Zandalar...the trolls... you will see them very soon in an upcoming MoP patch. Sshhhhh... you didn't hear that from me. But yeah. They're coming.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
yes, please. Argus is supposed to be very canon

Given that pandaren, a concept Alliance race, is given an entire expansion and a whole continent to tell their stories, I'd say we draenei deserve the same

Honestly though, Argus is probably going to be Burning Legion and probably Sargeras. Which means that it being anything but the last expansion, level 100 raid boss, all that stuff, just isn't going to be right.

Also though, Nerubians were playable in those RPG books. Nerubians please, Blizz?
Reply Quote
41 Night Elf Druid
If I recall at Blizzcon, it was stated that some of the information in the World of Warcraft RPG books (I do have both versions :)) were canon but not all of it, and that the Q&A team for that panel said they wanted to go through the books to figure out what was and was not canon at some point.

On a side note, at some point it would be awesome if Blizzard would consider releasing updated rpg rulebooks for Warcraft, as well as Diablo, and Starcraft.

I really like this idea.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Oz
Might not be 100% OT here but I just wanna say I really want an expansion that focuses on burning legion and I hope it is indeed the next one, dont get me wrong, I love the way MoP looks with its amazing scenery and music, but I was always a die hard Warcraft 3 fan, and for some reason i just miss everything that resolved around it. With the end of WOTLK I was sad because Arthas was one of my favourite character along with Illidan, and CATA didnt really grab my attention so to speak, so I really hope we get to see more burning legion along with MIA characters such as Turalyon and Alleria.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]