Im done tanking pug heroics.

90 Human Warrior
These slimy spineless little dps( to scared to tank) plate wearers have no problem ninjaing tanking plate/trinks/weps.

Thrid run in a row now that some Ret paladin has decided he wanted the tanking plate that dropped. I am now refusing to pug heroics for this reason.

Im betting alot of you have found similiar ppl with the greed for gear atm.

Ive found ret pallies to be the main culprit.. altho .. a warlock did ninja the stam trinket from brewfest zzzzzz
Edited by Comunism on 10/1/2012 10:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I've found tanks to be just as guilty of that as any DPS.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Don't worry once you start doing LFR's you will get your gear simply by selecting need.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Well I've had 3 pieces of gear stolen by slimy spineless tanks. So tank are just as bad if not worse.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
10/01/2012 11:06 PMPosted by Rajang
Well I've had 3 pieces of gear stolen by slimy spineless tanks. So tank are just as bad if not worse.

simply.. dumbfounded by this stupidity.

The game is SCREAMING out for tanks.. do i want to tank? no.. i want to dps.. but guess what.. SO DOES EVERYBODY.. so i tank.

Am i going to pass up weapons i can pvp with because i chose to sacrifice and tank.. no.

The healer and tank are basically the only ppl needed in a party.. dps are a dime a dozen. DPS can run through heroics semi afk with no real consequence, the sheer effort it takes to forfill a tank or healer role warrants priority imo.

If everyboddy that could tank tanked.. then everyone would be happy.. parties would have 1 plate wearer.. 1 2h weapon user...and ques would take 1min for everyone.. imagine!..
Edited by Comunism on 10/1/2012 11:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
simply.. dumbfounded by this stupidity.

The game is SCREAMING out for tanks.. do i want to tank? no.. i want to dps.. but guess what.. SO DOES EVERYBODY.. so i tank.

Am i going to pass up weapons i can pvp with because i chose to sacrifice and tank.. no.

The healer and tank are basically the only ppl needed in a party.. dps are a dime a dozen. DPS can run through heroics semi afk with no real consequence, the sheer effort it takes to forfill a tank or healer role warrants priority imo.

If everyboddy that could tank tanked.. then everyone would be happy.. parties would have 1 plate wearer.. 1 2h weapon user...and ques would take 1min for everyone.. imagine!..

I completely disagree with the sentiment. Belittling the third leg of the dungeon tripod is not really going to make things better. I understand your agitation, but honestly, people are douches... whether they are tanks, healers, or damage. It sucks but the only thing you can do is heroic leap over it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I guess i resent it because i dont enjoy tanking but i do it anyway. If no one tanked LFD would grind to a halt. I know some people love tanking and are happy with only having tanking gear.. but i also know the vast majority tank as a means to an end.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
10/02/2012 12:55 AMPosted by Comunism
I guess i resent it because i dont enjoy tanking but i do it anyway. If no one tanked LFD would grind to a halt. I know some people love tanking and are happy with only having tanking gear.. but i also know the vast majority tank as a means to an end.

I never roll on tank gear.......unless I see a shield tank rolling need on a 2-hander.....

Then it's open season. I don't play the double standard nonsense.

You don't want to tank....then DON'T. LFD will survive without you. It dosen't give you a license to be a douche and it DEFINITLEY dosen't give you a license to be a hypocrite.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Roll need on everything you need main spec and offspec, system working somewhat as designed.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Hello! how long have you played wow?? if you have played at least for one expansion you should already know that if you do not want to get ninjaed, or have a fail run not to run with strangers.. how hard is it to understand that?? If you do understand that why do you whine???

it is extremely retarded. Get some friends... if they are not on when you are on get.. make some more friends. It is better to solve the problem than to sit around whining like a !@#$%

This guy knows what he is talking about. In PUG dungeons it is considered polite just to ask before you need something, but there is nothing you can do about it. Also, if you want to dps roll dps. I go tank in the cases when I want to tank. It's pretty simpe. At max level in a few weeks ques will be short anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Meh, get over it.

Working as designed.

As far as I'm concerned a pug is a pug is a pug.

If you want special rules, try and make them from the start. Most dps will pass on loot if you agree to pass on theirs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
These slimy spineless little dps( to scared to tank) plate wearers have no problem ninjaing tanking plate/trinks/weps.

Thrid run in a row now that some Ret paladin has decided he wanted the tanking plate that dropped. I am now refusing to pug heroics for this reason.

Im betting alot of you have found similiar ppl with the greed for gear atm.

Ive found ret pallies to be the main culprit.. altho .. a warlock did ninja the stam trinket from brewfest zzzzzz

Buwahaha, another victory for America!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
PUG = Need loot for your CLASS

This is understood and accepted as an honor system fails in PUGs.

As a tank, you can EASILY find a server based group to run heroics with regularly. Spam /1 and LFG. You wont wait long.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
PUG = Need loot for your CLASS

This is understood and accepted as an honor system fails in PUGs.

As a tank, you can EASILY find a server based group to run heroics with regularly. Spam /1 and LFG. You wont wait long.

Honestly I think this isn't even really needed. 90 percent of the time people presume a dog eat dog mentality. Try instead of throwing out anger and assuming your own dictation of loot rules simply asking at the start of a heroic.

"Hey DPS I will not roll on your gear, if you refrain from rolling on tank gear.

Usually DPS fear tanks rolling on DPS gear more then anything else. Think about it, they chose to wait in line for 30 min instead of tanking, so simply striking a deal will usually address the issue.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/02/2012 12:55 AMPosted by Comunism

This is exactly it for me as well. I dont tank because I love tanking, I do it because I am good at it and usually if i do enough runs i can gear both specs much faster than trying to gear them both as fury. And gearing the secondary is only rolling on something if no one needs.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
The castle you have built is made of sand.

It will wash in to the sea, very soon most likely.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
Yesterday I lost 2 out of 3 rolls of plate dps gear with the tank, I didn´t say a thing though I didn´t like it cause I presume that everyone is trying to gear up all specs as fast as possible and shortly people will become a little more polite (I always ask If I can "need" tank gear for my off spec). Anyways, just be patient and keep doing the dungeon till the item appears again... at least, thats what I´m gonna do...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
As a tank its also easy to just get some casters, rogues, or hunters to run with you. Problem solved.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]