Im done tanking pug heroics.

100 Worgen Warrior
10/02/2012 08:38 AMPosted by Galcian
As a tank its also easy to just get some casters, rogues, or hunters to run with you. Problem solved.

Agree, on the other hand, it´s way more difficult for a plate dps to enter into a dungeon, and even more if u hope for a non plated tank
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Honestly anyone serious about gearing up, that is not either running a premade, or running as a tank. Is gimping themselves. I hate tanking, so much that it's an inside joke in the guild every time I win tanking gear. But I still tank heroics, why? because I care about gearing up on time, and our tanks aren't ready yet.

Puzzles me to see Plate that care about gearing up not queuing as Tank or Heals.

PS. Again this from someone who when done with heroics will avoid tanking like a plague.
Edited by Galcian on 10/2/2012 9:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
ever since they implemented the current loot system a few years ago, this has been an issue for some people. I suggest you roll need on everything you can in order to perpetuate this behavior, and hopefully drag more people into this "me" approach. its a weak community wow fans, accept it and deal.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Group with friends to get gear you need, then do randoms by yourself.

Also, welcome to the real world.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
at least a plate wearer ninja'd your gear, in my case it was a rogue who needed on my str cape, and when i asked him wth was he doin, he said he needed it for increasing his ilvl and make it into LFR, and that wasnt his fault i lost the roll...

His name is peasoup, he wasnt a noob because he was on one of my server's top guilds and im so kicking him out of any random, LFR or group as soon i see him again
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
You're not owed drops. Get over yourself.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
As dps is my main spec. I tank que to tank heroics and need on dps gear. I don't have the patients to wait in a long que or to have some random tank the heroic at a slow pace. If the plate dps needs on my gear I won't get mad I have insta que. :D
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Let see I have lost gear for my main spec to a resto shammy more times than I care to recall, however I just moved on and continued with my queues no matter how long they were. Simply put stop the QQ or get out of LFD. Yes I have lost out on DPS plate on my DK and Tanking plate on my now deleted pally as well. Such is life in WoW LFD.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Currently there is a !@#$load of plate dps who can't pull their weight, dps, interupts, not standing in free / green goo, who all think the first heroic 2 hander that drops has their name on it.

When I'm pulling top dps as prot, have every %^-*ing interupt so far into a run I need on whatever I damn well please because they're useless.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
There will always be ninjas....but at least you only roll against the plate users and not the full group.

DPS stealing our tank is gear is bad but you do see them wearing it sometimes to dps.

It's desperate times where almost any heroic plate with a 20+ ilvl is going to be a upgrade especially all the newbs hitting the LFD for the first time.

iLvL 463 for LFR when it opens will bring out the ninjas in full force
Reply Quote
lmao!

Hour of Twilight Dejavu.

What you mentioned kept happening around that time about one year ago.

Blizzard haven't changed anything to help that all this time, so why would they now?

I feel for you, but I doubt they care.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
I don't tank on this character. Ever.

Because of this i have a longer wait than tanks and healer, and that's fine with me because i'm playing the game the way i want to play it.

You don't get to be a hypocritical douche because your not playing the way you want. Go DPS and learn to live with the ques and let Blizzard do their job and find out why no one wants to tank and fix it.

Currently there is a !@#$load of plate dps who can't pull their weight, dps, interupts, not standing in free / green goo, who all think the first heroic 2 hander that drops has their name on it.

When I'm pulling top dps as prot, have every %^-*ing interupt so far into a run I need on whatever I damn well please because they're useless.

You can say that about any spec or role. There are a LOT of dumb people who play wow and don't interrupt and stand in fire. laying that on DPS is just stupid, especially when tanks have just as many, if not more ways to interrupt than any given DPS (though everyone should be contributing).

And yeah, the first heroic 2 hander they see will be a massive upgrade over the green they are probably swinging at that point. Until they get their loot they will never be able to "carry their weight" DPS wise, did you miss that memo by chance? Tanks often do more DPS than DPS at lower gear levels, this is due to certain tanking mechanics and scaling. This is evident starting at lvl 15. Stop being a jackass and learn how this game functions.

If your needing on 2 handers as prot, I'm needing on shields as arms. That's how equality works.
Reply Quote
92 Human Warrior
Actually I have to say i love you for bringing it up although i do got my reasons why.

I hate dps plate, only because if they would just tank or heal , the world of pve would be a much better place even if its just for heroics.

- Faster ques for everyone especially plate tanks

- If there is no Plate dps you can literally gear up both your specs extremely fast (aside from the pld healer sometimes , but hey its better than war tank dk dps and pld healer lets all roll on 2 handers plx)

- Not everyone that is tanking LOVES to just tank all damn day. It just makes alot of sense
to que as a tank because its either that or wait 30 min for a que pop and unlike the dps plate that don't do anything all day 30 min per item of gear that you may or may not gett is too long of a wait and not efficient.

- I personally tank to help my friends and guildies and help out pugs, I learn the content and fastest way to try to do it and go through it but as a warrior that mainly enjoys PVP we all know that a warriors WEAPON makes or breaks us in pvp . Maybe not as much now but it was always like that SO yea im going to roll on your 2hander you lazy !@# dps plate.

- Dps plate just gets in the way really, gets blown up , takes more damage, save your dps plate for raids. Tank heroics get both items of gear. Reduce your gear grind and get ready faster for whatever you want to do IT ONLY MAKES COMPLETE SENSE!!1111.

In all seriousness its not about self entitlement and working as intended. It would be just more efficient and faster for literally everyone in the entire game if lets say all wars and dks would tank and plds heal or tank. Just with that imagine que times for everyone. all your friends and guildies would gear up quick. we can't all have five friends on all the time> ( HOW DO YOU KILL THat HAS NO LIFE)

and if your just looking for dps gear to get your started in PVP ITS STILL FASTER AND easier than sitting on your hands all day

I roll on all 2hander even if i have them end of story if i win it then i give it to the dps plate if they weren't useless

- oh and to lil gnome warrior above me i just read your post . So you don't tank EVER ? fine
but im probably rolling on your dps plate and necks and rings and guess what i bring a pld healer with me to roll on them for me as well we help each other out. Go ahead and wait in your long que because its how you choose to waste your time but im just going to leave the instance and wait 30 min to reque simply because its all the Lazy dps plate that has given tanks that power.
Edited by Alysses on 10/3/2012 5:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
First of all, I like being a dps, I do not like being a tank, In game, I do what I like. For responsabilities I have real life. I can help but I do not have a job in game.

- If there is no Plate dps you can literally gear up both your specs extremely fast (aside from the pld healer sometimes , but hey its better than war tank dk dps and pld healer lets all roll on 2 handers plx)

Why do u want to gear both specs if u want to banish plate dps from pve world?

- Not everyone that is tanking LOVES to just tank all damn day. It just makes alot of sense
to que as a tank because its either that or wait 30 min for a que pop and unlike the dps plate that don't do anything all day 30 min per item of gear that you may or may not gett is too long of a wait and not efficient.

While waiting I do a lot of stuff, even more now that is required get lots of diferent reputations to be able to buy stuff, have a lot of achievments to earn also... so, lots of things to do while in queue.

- I personally tank to help my friends and guildies and help out pugs, I learn the content and fastest way to try to do it and go through it but as a warrior that mainly enjoys PVP we all know that a warriors WEAPON makes or breaks us in pvp . Maybe not as much now but it was always like that SO yea im going to roll on your 2hander you lazy !@# dps plate.

Why lazy? I do as much damage as the next dps (and even more, when everyone es about to die, just pull Avatar + Banner + Execute... boss game over)... saved healers lives a few times thx to intercept and even the tanks life taunting when there was about to be a wipe, so I put everyones life before mine, even when sometimes apears that the tank or healer have no hands, cause most likely is people like u that use that sepc only for shorter queues but have no clue have to use that spec...

10/03/2012 05:13 AMPosted by Alysses
Tank heroics get both items of gear. Reduce your gear grind and get ready faster for whatever you want to do IT ONLY MAKES COMPLETE SENSE!!1111.

To u maybe, not to me and the way I play.

Really hate when ppl thinks that are better than everyone else...
Reply Quote
92 Human Warrior
okay cruentum you seem to have reasonable responses. I've played the warrior since release and i know what Dpsing as a warrior in a pug can do.

Theres actually tons of stuff you can do to save a group and well geared war can really pump out the numbers . I especially like dps wars who help cc with intimdating shout , maybe toss a piercing howl if i don't have it speced to help control a group, slap on a shield and use shield wall and mocking banner to save my !@#. I really appreciate interrupts , its the small things that count.

What im trying to say i was just being a douche cause its late and im a little tired but just like you said, you can't play all the time because you have real life things to do, it would make sense to que up as a tank so that you can pump out those dungeons out a little faster.

I sometimes que when i go mining and i don't care whether i do a dungeon or not if it pops sometimes i decline it, but when i really need it i just go tank and bam i get where i need to be.

The post was about rolling on dps gear if your a tank and dps rolling on tanking gear, I can't speak for other players so i will just speak for myself. My lvling to 90 went like this, I started questing as arms ,but deep in my heart i knew if i wanted to lvl quickly i would need some gear, I begrudgingly declined the dps rewards from my quests and picked up the tanking ones in hope that i would get a good set for tanking going, enough to do normal instances. Why you ask yourself? simple. Wading through a bunch of mobs with quest dps gear is alot slower than normal instance dps gear.

I mean just look at the 2hander top end difference from the blue quests sword you get early on which is about 8000 top end to the mace in shado pan monastery or whatever which is 10k plus.

My point being is that yea i'm sorry i roll on your dps plate stuff but im going to use it just as much as the dps plate thats rolling on it but i know your not going to que dps for dungeons and then slap on that cool 1h and shield and go tank your way through quests. thats why there is a double standard to rolling on tanking gear. I mean if you flat out refuse to tank why do you even take the gear if not to just spite the tank its only going to slow you down since the tank isn't gearing up.

its the same at 90 you tell me you que as dps and while you wait you go farm rep or mine or whatever. well the difference as a tank i can que up Before i go to work and i know in like a second i will get a dungeon i will hammer it out in 20-30 min and hopefully i got my cool new 2h or dps trinket and when i get home from work instead of waiting in que for 30 min I have my gear and can go do something i want to do like pvp or FARM rep with good gear making it that much faster.

I'm only replying to you since you were so nice about it. I don't want pve dps plate to be phased out i just think as far as heroics go you will do yourself a favor tanking since its just plain faster.
Edited by Alysses on 10/3/2012 6:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
oh and to lil gnome warrior above me i just read your post . So you don't tank EVER ? fine
but im probably rolling on your dps plate and necks and rings and guess what i bring a pld healer with me to roll on them for me as well we help each other out. Go ahead and wait in your long que because its how you choose to waste your time but im just going to leave the instance and wait 30 min to reque simply because its all the Lazy dps plate that has given tanks that power.

And I will be rolling on tanking gear for the $$ if you roll on DPS gear as a tank. I have no way to verify that you intend to actually use that gear, and you will be able to run again very soon as you insta que. Sounds like win win to me. But like I said before, if your not rolling on DPS gear, I'm not rolling on tank gear.

If your a jerk about it then I'm going to put you on ignore and continue to play a game where I understand the role and place of characters and specs and you can keep being a jerk to other people who hopefully put you on ignore as well. There are more than enough tanks in the game that I don't have to deal with the likes of you

10/03/2012 06:12 AMPosted by Alysses
My point being is that yea i'm sorry i roll on your dps plate stuff but im going to use it just as much as the dps plate thats rolling on it but i know your not going to que dps for dungeons and then slap on that cool 1h and shield and go tank your way through quests.

No your not going to use it as much as I am, remember I don't tank, you do. Your double standard is not applicable.

Tanks are no better than anyone else, and when they have a chip on their shoulder because they don't like tanking but its the fast way, then they are much much less than everyone else. Every action has a consequence, if you chose to tank for the fast way through dungeons and gear, then the cost is not gearing your DPS spec as fast. If you chose not to tank, the cost is longer Q times. You cant have your cake and eat it to.
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Warrior
As a super nice dps only toon, cause i'm quite not too fond of tanking, I like to see my dps on top of the charts, feeling better than everyone else in the group, I take great pride in my dps.
Now, that being said, If im after some tank gear, but i'm not tanking, if some tank gear drops, i'll ask the tank if he really needs it, and if he does, i'll just pass on it.

I know, i'm the only one who actually does this.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
10/02/2012 06:59 PMPosted by Lilirain
aying that on DPS is just stupid, especially when tanks have just as many, if not more ways to interrupt than any given DPS (though everyone should be contributing).

I've have endless runs where the only interrupts done in an entire dungeon will be me (yes I scan the recount logs).

The sense of entitlement in random runs is outstanding when certain players literally do nothing.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
10/03/2012 03:45 PMPosted by Solv
The sense of entitlement in random runs is outstanding

From everyone.
Reply Quote
I tanked and DPS'd for a long time. Now I just DPS in Mists, and it's looking awful hard to actually get either set so I can do what I really like. Mostly because of entitled tanks who think insta-queues really entitles them to roll on whatever. It was awesome losing the helm from Mogu'shan Palace twice to tanks, really. It's not that hard to ASK the DPS if they need that item, just like it's not that hard for the DPS to ask the tank if they need an item. A little courtesy would be nice out of both sides.
Edited by Gazghull on 10/4/2012 1:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]