lvl 85 PVP Gear Moved to...?

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
So, my wife doesn't have MoP yet and she still plays the lvl 85 brackets and she said that the pvp vendors are gone.
If the only place to get the lvl 85 stuff is in MoP, doesn't that defeat the purpose?
Where has the Arena season 11 stuff been moved to?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I think it's gone since the new PvP season just began. This is a marketing tool to help encourage players to upgrade. Not that anyone who just wants to PvP without MoP wants to spend anytime in lvl 85 dungeons, but the lvl 85 Justice Point gear is still available and still superior than the Ruthless PvP I have, for example.
Reply Quote
88 Draenei Paladin
I'm beginning to think the same thing. When i logged on all the pvp season 11 vendors are gone. So i went to look at justice vendors and it's now an upgrade to my pvp gear when it wasn't before MoP. Theres now heroic drops to get better gear from justice vendors too.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I've been trying to finish out my level 85 gearset. First blizzard made it really hard to complete by making the honor gained so low from battlegrounds but not reducing gear prices. And now I'm really confused, was the level 85 cataclysmic gear just abruptly yanked out of the game? The vendors are not in their place in stormwind and someone told me there is a vendor in pandaria but the gear is only level 90.
Reply Quote
88 Draenei Paladin
That's correct, they took out the lvl 85 cata gear and made it so you have to buy MoP to get to 90 and get the pvp gear. still doing research on it, but it looks like 85's best gear is through Justice points or raids for token gear.
Reply Quote
88 Draenei Death Knight
so justice point gear? thats the only way to get the gear for lvl 85 cataclysm players
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Removing the level 85 honor gear is an unwanted change for those of us who subscribe just to PvP at max level in Cataclysm. I'm not very interested in PvE dungeons to get gear for PvP.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Hunter
you're awful

buy your wife MoP
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Perhaps the removal of the cataclysmic gear was a mistake, wait and see I guess.

I still need to finish my rogues cata gear set for Tmogg.
Edited by Caermie on 10/3/2012 4:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
So the gear is just gone. No word, no warning, no announcement. That's very nice. I love surprises.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
you're awful

buy your wife MoP

I tried, she made me put it back.

"I don't play often enough for it to mater right now"

She's getting it during my next pay week, so all is good.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
So the gear is just gone. No word, no warning, no announcement. That's very nice. I love surprises. Oh and reducing honor gained, too. Finding TB quest rewards cut in half was also a neat surprise. Wish there was some way for Blizzard to give players this information ahead of time though. Maybe someday technology will advance enough to make this possible.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
This is the exact issue I've been pondering over. I don't understand why the vendors had to be moved; they were perfectly fine being in their respective cities. Now we have vendors in a location that a lot of players can't even find, or even access because they don't have the expansion, and we can't even buy the last season's gear, whether it be for actually use or for transmog purposes. I don't see why we can't have multiple vendors on different continents to make it easier on people, or why they had to be relocated at all.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Now we have vendors in a location that a lot of players can't even find, or even access because they don't have the expansion

I suspect this is deliberate (to encourage purchases of MoP).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
It's BS. I started playing just over a month ago. I haven't been sitting at cap for long enough to max out my PvP gear, I'd actually just finished up my Wrath set when I dinged 85.

So I thought I'd hold off on MoP, and sit at 85 long enough to get my cata gear completed so I don't end up getting Rotflstomped when I hit the new level bracket at 86 in mostly level 80 gear.

Thanks for screwing newer players Blizz.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Even an old timer like me is outta luck on this. I've been playing since 2005 and I have 8 85s. I have no desire to level anymore, but I was hoping I could at least get my alts some nice Pvp sets to bg with. I may have to use 425+ pve items and mix them with crafted 85 Pvp blues for the resilience now.

I know this is a marketing decision on blizzard's part. The optimist in me thinks that blizzard will bring the gear back after MoP has been out for a while
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
They may do it, but to be honest, I've already explained my reasoning on holding off on purchasing MoP.

If all I have to look forward to with making the buy is getting my !@# kicked, I think I'll save Blizz and myself both the frustration and just reup GW2.

(^anyone who thinks that's a " Wahh!!! Look at me!!! " <nerdrage> " I'll quit! " post is entirely missing my point. This was not meant as such. )
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
10/03/2012 08:48 AMPosted by Stellaara
Now we have vendors in a location that a lot of players can't even find, or even access because they don't have the expansion

I suspect this is deliberate (to encourage purchases of MoP).

More like force the purchase :/ I don't recall there being a time where you absolutely needed to buy an expansion to do simple things like buy PvP gear. And as others have said, you might not have had time to get the gear you wanted. Or what if you wanted to start off the 85-90 BG grind (if you're that much of a PvP fanatic) with gear? It's basically a faceroll for ungeared people until they get MoP and reach 90.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
You guys are overlooking something, there is Cataclysm level PVP gear but they decided this time to not make it the final seasons armor

Go to dalaran, talk to the Legacy Armor goblin and you'll find vicious 352 gear. Whether it's better than the crafted 85 sets, I'm not sure. When a set goes outdated for PVP always look to the legacy armor vendors :o

Hope this helps someone
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]