lvl 85 PVP Gear Moved to...?

85 Human Death Knight
Regene, maybe there are some great players out there who can be competitive wearing ilvl352 gear in a bg where everyone else is ilvl390. But that's not a game most people want to play, and Blizz shouldn't set it up this way. It's absolutely ridiculous to offer this kind of pvp experience.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
time to go play star wars or star trek and take a break form this worthless game
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
N K
Ive also heard alot of speculation, but most of it is psotive, and from what ive heard the gear WILL be coming back, the date 7/10/2012 or 10/7/2012 for americans, was talked about quite alot, im hoping this is the date, because in the morning i can get my Cata helm :D
Reply Quote
94 Human Paladin
10/06/2012 08:08 AMPosted by Frêeze
Ive also heard alot of speculation, but most of it is psotive, and from what ive heard the gear WILL be coming back, the date 7/10/2012 or 10/7/2012 for americans, was talked about quite alot, im hoping this is the date, because in the morning i can get my Cata helm :D

That would be nice. My shadow priest has 5/5 season 11 cata gear, but I had to go with the crafted off set pieces for everything else. I did end up buying an iLvl 440 necklace, 417 wand, and a 409 trinket so I can have better stats and damage more on par with someone geared in full season 11. I'm capped on honor, converting extra honor to justice points and hoping they bring the gear back soon so I can upgrade my crafted pieces and start gearing for my disc spec. I have to do the same for this toon's holy spec and about 6 other toons lol.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Just wanted to point out, this affects not only players who are level capped at 85, but also the entire leveling experience for players who purchased Mists. Many players enjoy PvP as they level up, some even level up entirely by PvP. How fun is this going to be if they aren't able to purchase the most current PvP gear? I don't see how can Blizzard call this a PvP expansion but not allow players access to the PvP gear being used by levels 85-89. Buy Mists...make a new monk or Pandarian...and have fun PvPing in season 9 gear when your opponents are wearing season 11??? That's an offer I've already refused.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
You guys are overlooking something, there is Cataclysm level PVP gear but they decided this time to not make it the final seasons armor

Go to dalaran, talk to the Legacy Armor goblin and you'll find vicious 352 gear. Whether it's better than the crafted 85 sets, I'm not sure. When a set goes outdated for PVP always look to the legacy armor vendors :o

Hope this helps someone

This. Most if not all of the PvP sets from Wrath are available for JP in Dalaran, check there for any Cata sets as well. Push comes to shove just use the crafted gear. It isn't ideal, and it's kind of a dirty trick, but it's a good marketing ploy. Nobody's going to rage quit over this, let's be real.

I will ... i have no desire to be forced to buy mop or lvl to 90 just to pvp with non-outdated gear , pve encounters are a joke if i wanted to pve allday id go back to eq
Edited by Alastorr on 10/7/2012 12:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
If I were a developer I would take that PVP Gear out all the way to 90. Then you get it.

Go level, then PVP. If you don´t like it unsubscribe.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Oh yeah, forgot to mention this.

Since apparently some people want to twink at 85, I'm warning you now that you will be in the 85-89 bracket. That means you will be facing people(level 89s) with somewhere around double your health, way better gear than you, and their level 87 abilities. I wonder what will happen when you get 1 shot by some Warlock/Frost mage who has popped all his cds.
Edited by Brøfist on 10/7/2012 4:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
RoC
/frustrated
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue

Looks like that didn't happen :/
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
If I were a developer I would take that PVP Gear out all the way to 90. Then you get it.

Go level, then PVP. If you don´t like it unsubscribe.

How about you play the game your way, and we'll play it ours.

Don't like it? Pay my sub.
Reply Quote
18 Human Paladin

today? i don't see it anywhere
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Still waiting...and yes I pay the subscription for my kids. My youngest is playing the free to play.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
at the people belittling the desire to actually wear the gear at 85, this is likely the reason it was removed in the first place - because it is actually viable (not awesome against 89s, but viable) in the 85-89 bracket.

also, TRANSMOG
Reply Quote
89 Pandaren Hunter
bump.

i asked a gm about this, if it was taken out on purpose or it's just a time thing. waited like 3 days to get a response.

anywho, from what the gm told me the vendors for 85 pvp gear should be in the same place. i was very specific in asking as well. unfortunately i think the gm is just as clueless as i am :/

the thing is, i'll get mop when i want to get it. which is eventually. why push customers into buying the next expansion when they aren't done enjoying the previous one yet?
Edited by Olivia on 10/8/2012 5:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Oh yeah, forgot to mention this.

Since apparently some people want to twink at 85, I'm warning you now that you will be in the 85-89 bracket. That means you will be facing people(level 89s) with somewhere around double your health, way better gear than you, and their level 87 abilities. I wonder what will happen when you get 1 shot by some Warlock/Frost mage who has popped all his cds.

you don't twink much do you?
Reply Quote
94 Human Paladin
Lighthouse! I believe I may have run into you again, but on my priest, Khyra, in AB a few days ago. You were using mind vision on me when I was at LM. When I saw it was you (or thought it was you lol) I was like OMG and I waved and danced at you like I said I would do....only problem is that it was the wrong toon lol.
Edited by Factor on 10/8/2012 8:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
10/08/2012 08:50 PMPosted by Factor
Lighthouse! I believe I may have run into you again, but on my priest, Khyra, in AB a few days ago. You were using mind vision on me when I was at LM. When I saw it was you (or thought it was you lol) I was like OMG and I waved and danced at you like I said I would do....only problem is that it was the wrong toon lol.

haha was I spamming it incessantly? I tend to do that sometimes.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Same here I do not want to buy mop and with the drop in HP I have to bg my !@# off to save up for gear and when I go to get it I can't flipp'n find it come on Bliz you get $14.95 x 11 mil every 30 days your profits must be as high as standerd oil and your trying to force people to spend 40 bucks for an upgrade we don't want I like lvl 85 pvp and I need that 40 bucks for gas come on man give us back the gear
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]