MMR has not been reset

1 Human Warrior
They really need to implement a rating decay to keep players playing.

"But rating decay is bad because:
-what about people that want to sit 2200 to get their weapons?"
What about them? If they get to the rating once, they can do it again.
-what about people that have to leave the game for a while?"
What about them? This is the point of decay: those that don't play lose rating. They can always come back and play again...

Not playing for more than 1 week results in a loss of 5% of your team rating. More than 2 weeks, 10% of their team rating. 10 games a week needed to prevent decay.

This allows people to take almost 3 weeks off at a time with out having to worry about decay, plus keeps teams playing consistently through out the season.

Seems a bit extreme, people should be allowed to take breaks if they want to. however, the decay system should kick in at 3 weeks of inactivity atleast. Also they SHOULD give pvpers more incentive to play such some cosmetic items, pets, xmog gear with no stats, cool trinkets, tabards, Maybe some other titles for doing certain things in arena. Anything really. Pvpers don't need as much content as the dragon slayers, so some balancing, a new bg or arena map every once and awhile and some cosmetic items would go a long way.

Oh and of course bringing back skirmishes. (Seriously just add in solo que for war games and make it just like skirmish, get the best of both worlds)

Sadly camping will be a problem again I am sure most teams will play 50-100 matches hit there desired rating and proceed to sit that rating for the next 5 months. Ladder sitting does definitely suck. It's also a problem across the board since 64 percent of teams have no reason to even count as active.

Again they need to add in a decay system, and some cosmetic rewards.

I wish they would find some good incentives to keep most people queing.

Edit: I believe arena junkies did a Q&a with ghostcrawler asking him if they were gonna give more rewards for pvpers in arena, and he gave some lame excuse that they dont think pvpers would like that..

Like I said, under my system, you can go almost 3 weeks (25 days) without doing a single game, and not be affect by decay.

You do a game 1st day of week one, and last day of week 3.

Wow, can't count. Its actually 19 days :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Yeah.... same...

Hope they don't reset teams :p

This would be dumb. This ruined Season 11. People had 2800-3k MMRs, they gutted it, and the ratings were unattainable for the rest of the season because nobody would queue.

Why would anyone at 2600 queue with a 1500 MMR and bomb when they lose?
Reply Quote
89 Human Paladin
Yeah.... same...

Hope they don't reset teams :p

This would be dumb. This ruined Season 11. People had 2800-3k MMRs, they gutted it, and the ratings were unattainable for the rest of the season because nobody would queue.

Why would anyone at 2600 queue with a 1500 MMR and bomb when they lose?

Agreed, it was rofl-worthy when blizzard reset MMR but not teams themselves.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I climbed from 2k mmr (obliterated it constantly teamhopping and playing with someone who had fresh mmr) to glad range in s10.

It's still incredibly dumb that it wasn't reset, but it doesn't make anything impossible or nearly as bad as it was in s10 with how many people went into it with s9 mmr.

At least i'll have a reason to camp this season. My class is dog and alter time is way more fun to use than any other ability since smokebomb in the first 2 weeks of s9.

inb4flames.
Edited by Nahj on 10/3/2012 12:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
My god, if they don't reset teams and MMR its game over.
Reply Quote
55 Goblin Death Knight
please resettttttttttt this game was going good please dont screw this one like cata blizz
Edited by Quinzap on 10/3/2012 1:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
There is a blue post saying MMR will not be reset because they decided not to last min. BS right? I know lol. They honestly could not care less for us.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
started playing before all the honor farm yesterday, sitting at 2500 atm, hopefully that's glad rating >.>
don't reset mmr please I don't want to farm all the honor gear

If you are 2500 and it was legit then it won't be hard to do it again. Kinda selfish not to want it reset because you don't wanna "grind". It gives new players a disadvantage and all you'll do is sit on your rating and we will have a stale season yet again. Other multi glad players want it reset as well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Reset the mmr to 1500. If your team is above 1500, the team rating gets reset to 1500. This would not penalize teams that have already achieved some rating and fix the problem of not resetting mmr in the first place.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]