Rogues....why are they like this?

90 Tauren Druid
you mean rogues can't just have retard burst level + crazy utilities AND pressure?

Cry me a river. Rogues destroyed cata arena, you can't have best of all worlds, and its a good thing blizz is forcing you to pick one of those and not have a single melee class dominating an entire expansion

The core problem with rogues were how well they scaled through items and the retarded PvE items. But instead, they nerfed our survivability, burst, control and mobility.

This is a game, they shouldn't balance it through karma.

PVE items didn't help.

Having the best control, survivability, and melee burst was overpowered on it's own

Add in overpowered, easy to get (aka legen--- I mean hand out oranges) PVE gear and you go from overpowered to gods.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/01/2012 05:40 PMPosted by Midvale
ITT: some people who think it's the Rogue's player base's fault for being overpowered last season when really it was poor developer design that made it so, and using that previous fact to try and troll for some reason

The point is that tons of people made rogues or played rogues more because of their disgusting overpowered state, and people are happy that those who facerolled to their highest levels will actually have to play well to win (hopefully, at least).
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue

The core problem with rogues were how well they scaled through items and the retarded PvE items. But instead, they nerfed our survivability, burst, control and mobility.

PVE items didn't help.

Having the best control, survivability, and melee burst was overpowered on it's own

Add in overpowered, easy to get (aka legen--- I mean hand out oranges) PVE gear and you go from overpowered to gods.

PvE item and the legendary was a BIG contribution to the 4.3 burst damage. They only needed to remove improved recup, which they did including a lot other stuff. And what can I say, rogues are known for their control and they took that away from us in MoP.

Like I said, karma is not the way to balance a game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
never thought id see a challenger vial legendaries
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I honestly don't understand why people are complaining, you haven't played rogues with gear yet, and as we all know, rogues rely heavily on gear.

I think rogues will be alright this season, people who played them well will still be able to achieve high ratings.

After playing for a bit more at 90, here are the things I do not like though;

Blind being on a 3 minute cooldown (up from 2).
Gouge not generating a combo point.
Shiv not generating a combo point, can also be missed/resisted.
Prep/shadowstep being on the same talent tree, bomb should have just been removed from prep.
Stealth level nerf?

Not going to talk about damage or anything right now, since I have no clue how the damage will scale once we're all geared.
Reply Quote
Rogues are completely crap compared to every single other class in this game atm...
listing reasons at this point does not matter it so damn obvious this class is !@#$! In fact i've quit wow bye! (Not coming back untill you fix my class please.)!

Have you played WW PvP?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
I honestly don't understand why people are complaining, you haven't played rogues with gear yet, and as we all know, rogues rely heavily on gear.

I think rogues will be alright this season, people who played them well will still be able to achieve high ratings.

Prep/shadowstep being on the same talent tree, bomb should have just been removed from prep.
Stealth level nerf?

Not going to talk about damage or anything right now, since I have no clue how the damage will scale once we're all geared.

Gouge not generating CP was a good change, all those focus gouge to lose CP on the main target made me pull out my hair.

The main problem is not the damage, I KNOW it'll get better with gear but our mobility, survivability and control is down the gutter.

Our base mobility consists of sprint. We now have to choose between mobility (which isn't that good to begin with) and Prep, improved recup gone and Energentic Recovery being off recup, and stupid 3 min Vanish and Blind.

The 4 set PvP bonus doesnt help either, it's counter productive to the new Shiv change and will lose out on a 4 set bonus if we actually choose Crippling for the shiv effect.
Edited by Creepercat on 10/1/2012 6:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

Stealth level nerf?

Gouge not generating CP was a good change, all those focus gouge to lose CP on the main target made me pull out my hair.

The main problem is not the damage, I KNOW it'll get better with gear but our mobility, survivability and control is down the gutter.

Our base mobility consists of sprint. We now have to choose between mobility (which isn't that good to begin with) and Prep, improved recup gone and Energentic Recovery being off recup, and stupid 3 min Vanish and Blind.

The 4 set PvP bonus doesnt help either, it's counter productive to the new Shiv change and will lose out on a 4 set bonus if we actually choose Crippling for the shiv effect.

The combo points on gouge was situational. Yes, I love the new change when it comes to peeling, but at certain times, a gouge -> 6 sec recoup saved my life. I think there should have been a minor glyph for that.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue

The combo points on gouge was situational. Yes, I love the new change when it comes to peeling, but at certain times, a gouge -> 6 sec recoup saved my life. I think there should have been a minor glyph for that.

I'm talking about arenas. You almost never build CP on the person who you are going to gouge.
Edited by Creepercat on 10/1/2012 7:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Goblin Rogue
I ganked a lvl 88 14 times this morning and logged onto forums to brag abt it but found this post.

Not sure if you've watched different strokes, but, "Watya talkin abt George??" ?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
cya
I ganked a lvl 88 14 times this morning and logged onto forums to brag abt it but found this post.

Not sure if you've watched different strokes, but, "Watya talkin abt George??" ?

grats you danced on a 0 resil target for his whole lifebar
Reply Quote
86 Human Monk
Rogue changes aren't fun. Not being able to take shadowstep--a spec-defining ability since TBC--isn't fun. Getting your functionality gutted because of a PVE item for one season isn't fun.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue

Why don't you try any competitive PvP at 90.
Reply Quote
99 Human Mage

PVE items didn't help.

I wouldnt have minded rogues so much last season except for one really big issue I had with them. The f***ers were borderline untargettable. It was almost impossible for a rogue to overextend. It's no suprise they could get away with all that pve gear.
Edited by Sabrinakyle on 10/2/2012 2:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Rogues are fine. They just really aren't on the same level as warriors and bm hunters atm but WHAT DO!
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
Damage is !@#$, I'm just setting up kills for my mage.

So %^-*
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
Don;t rogues still have gouge? That alone should give you the ability to make people break their computers.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Rogues are not in a good spot.... What does a rogue bring that a Warrior does not??? 8 Second undispelable CC = intimidating shout. 5 Second stun = Shockwave that doesn't gimp thier damage. Warriors also have more mobility and survivability... there's a reason most Pro rogues have switched to Warrior, not just Reckful.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]