Renewing mist /rage

90 Draenei Monk
Is there any way in hell of putting this on an indicator in Grid?

I can't track this with it. I also can't stand a) default UI, b) Healbot and c) VuhDoo(probably butchered that).

I don't click cast. Normally I'm using mouseover macros but this class I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to handle targeting.

Not being able to see where my mists are though is driving me slightly bonkers.

Halp?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Just set it up as a HoT icon in VuhDo. It should work.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
In Grid:

Status tab, enter "Renewing Mist" in the Add new buff field and save it.
Go to Indicators and add it to somewhere on your layout.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
09/28/2012 06:11 PMPosted by Anarri
Just set it up as a HoT icon in VuhDo. It should work.

Just said I a) don't use it and b) don't like it.

That particular addon.

In Grid:

Status tab, enter "Renewing Mist" in the Add new buff field and save it.
Go to Indicators and add it to somewhere on your layout.

Is that even going to work?

There's currently two spells with the same name.. the hot itself and the buff that jumps and applies said hot.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Priest

There's currently two spells with the same name.. the hot itself and the buff that jumps and applies said hot.

I can only guess but I'd assume if the buff/spell shows up on players with the same name that both variants would appear on Grid. Although it may convert the human-friendly spell name into a spellid in which case no, only one would show up.

Try it and let me know what happens? Now I'm curious.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk

I can only guess but I'd assume if the buff/spell shows up on players with the same name that both variants would appear on Grid. Although it may convert the human-friendly spell name into a spellid in which case no, only one would show up.

Try it and let me know what happens? Now I'm curious.

I'll have to get a group for something to do so and I'll try it maybe tomorrow. I *really* don't want to pug Ramps tonight, and I'm not quite 60 yet so working on that first. >.>

BRS can rot.

Edit: preliminary testing on myself by cancelling one aura, checking for the indicator, recasting and then cancelling the other aura and checking the indicator shows that both of them are being tracked by the upper left, which is where I assigned it. Indicator color's grey though. Not sure if i can change that or not. They were set up to be yellow previously but I've just consistently kept my settings through upgrades and half the options I knew where they were before, I can't find again.

Such as center text color. :/ And indicator colors.

I'll see if it indicates spreads tomorrow.
Edited by Reshaari on 9/28/2012 9:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I use vuhdo... and i dont click either. The latest version has mouse over macros built in and it is AWESOME!!
Here is a install guide that shows how. It is pretty easy to track renewing mists plus bounces. I used to be a clique+grid user too but it just gets too messy to use as a monk when keeping track of stuff :

It is under the Keys Local section
just type in the spell where it says <New Binding> then hit the "Not bound" button to bind
this way you can just hover your mouse and hit 1-4 or what ever to heal then move the mouse off vuhdo and use 1-4 to fistweave. works nice

http://vuhdoguide.blogspot.com/2011/08/vuhdo-setup-walkthrough.html#SpKeyLoc

Not sure if you know that or not but figured I would just throw that out there

cheerio
Edited by Kwhimb on 9/29/2012 1:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
I use clique only for dispels. Those are set to right click, on grid frames only.

I mouseover heal. Exclusively for the most part. Didn't like how Vuhdo looked either. I'm legally blind, the simple design Grid has is what's worked. I see little colored dot on corner, my hot's there. Bar's short? Needs heals. Big icon in the center? Nasty effect. Unit border is color coded to tell me what's there so I know if I can dispel it. Doesn't matter what it is, it gets dispelled.

Easy enough. It's this stupid mists that's been driving me bonkers.

I don't need information overload. If it's something like say, KT's frost tomb, I need to know. If it's a magic effect, poison, whatever, I don't need to know what it is, just that it's there and I can dispel it. That sort of thing.

The keybinds you suggested would require me to do more than I currently do in terms of actual hotbar binding. I haven't used modifiers in my bindings in YEARS. Passing about 6 is pushing it. I don't put crap past there unless it's stuff that isn't going to be used much. I have my numpad set up to deal with cds and such as well.

Bah. I'll figure it out. There was a blurb on the beta forums about vuhdo and going on about how the icon for it wasn't noticable etc.

I don't track most auras. I don't care if the druid's got rejuv, I don't care where my PoM is on my priest, I don't care who's got PW:Shield, etc. All those auras clutter up my raid frames.

It's part of why I stopped using both the default raid frames and Xperl. ><
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Just said I a) don't use it and b) don't like it.

That particular addon.

Sorry, misread your post.

The buff is never ever going to be present when the HoT isn't, so it really doesn't matter. I can say that it works in VuhDo running just off the name of the buff.

And just an FYI, all the things you just said you didn't like, presumably about VuhDo, are all features that can be turned off. I literally have my frames set up almost exactly as you described, except I like to see the name of the debuff I'm dispelling. That feature can be disabled as well.
Edited by Anarri on 9/29/2012 11:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
RM is tracked correctly by Grid2, if you're considering an upgrade. Grid2 config is also more intuitive and doesn't rely on a bunch of independently-managed modules that are eventually abandoned by their respective authors. You will probably need to manually add the buff, but you just type the name and then indicate in which corner you wish to track it.
Reply Quote
I can't get vuhdo to track the hot or bouncer from Renewing Mist. I really would like to know how many people in my party have the hot so I know whether it's worth the mana to cast Uplift or not.

I assume it's not working because both the hot and the bouncer have the same name as the spell, "Renewing Mist". Lesigh.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
I can't get vuhdo to track the hot or bouncer from Renewing Mist. I really would like to know how many people in my party have the hot so I know whether it's worth the mana to cast Uplift or not.

I assume it's not working because both the hot and the bouncer have the same name as the spell, "Renewing Mist". Lesigh.

My Vuhdo shows both. I don't care about the "bouncer", but oh well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]