AV clearly stands for "Alliance Victory"

I can't come to any other conclusion at this point...can't win one as horde ever.
Reply Quote
How to Horde Win AV:

Back Cap

The map is setup that it does favor Alliance in a direct rush to the Generals. However if the Horde backcap and Bottleneck Alliance at Icewing Bunker (Think that's the name) they can often score a win in resources because they've presented a wall that a large Ally force can't get through with the Horde holding the GY right behind the wall, giving Horde the Advantage since the nearest Ally GY is Stormpike, and they are required to go through the choke point to even get past it. Add guards at each Horde node and you've successfully won.

Requires more effort Horde side.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Because the map favors alliance for zerging. The ADHD people that comprises a lot of pvp'ers, can't sit still enough to use the choke points like Chunlia said. Horde almost always wins if we start on the defense from the start and slowly take over the whole map. They call it Rath Strat or Scorched Earth method. Best way to play AV.
Edited by Levelity on 9/28/2012 7:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 07:22 PMPosted by Levelity
Because the map favors alliance for zerging. The ADHD people that comprises a lot of pvp'ers, can't sit still enough to use the choke points like Chunlia said. Horde almost always wins if we start on the defense from the start and slowly take over the whole map. They call it Rath Strat or Scorched Earth method. Best way to play AV.

Ditto. Scorched Earth strat is unbeatable if the Horde do it right from the beginning and communicate.
Reply Quote

Ditto. Scorched Earth strat is unbeatable if the Horde do it right from the beginning and communicate.

Found the problem.
Reply Quote

Found the problem.

Usually is. I find a lot of PuGs are Zerg minded but rolled Horde.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
AV

map is alliance favored for zerging

map is horde favored in terms of defense and scorched earth.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Priest
The point is what's required of Horde is waayyy more work then zerging for Alliance.

Therefore it's unbalanced.

Well good luck to you all since I will never set foot in that crap again.

^ This.

Why should Alliance essentially win by default?
Reply Quote
65 Human Warrior
Honestly I have been playing for quite some time now both horde and alli and here is the reason that I believe that ally win more than horde at AV. Bear with me this may seem silly, but I feel it is significant. The location of balinda comparatively to Galv is that Balinda is kind of right in the middle of the route. This causes alot more horde to go to balinda than required. Also, the way that the towers are set up, Alliance towers are closed, allowing you to cap free from archers across the way, where as horde towers or bunkers rather, are completely open to almost all forms of archery, so the PvE computers completely stop or slow rather, you from capping the flag in time. In my opinion, AV and Isle are both wack bgs so I veto them 100% of the time. Go bg in a bg that actually has pvp, or else just go dungeon que.

Breezy
Reply Quote
I finally had a win after losing 22 games.

A guy claimed 81 losses in a row today...seemed legit.

Even when horde cooperate and seem to pull it together the alliance still manage to win at the last moment. I just don't believe I can win most BGs 50% of the time but AV is that different. The map is broken.
Reply Quote
60 Undead Death Knight
AV clearly stands for "Alliance Victory"

I can't come to any other conclusion at this point...can't win one as horde ever.

BACK IN MY DAY...

people called it AFK Valley.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
no matter how many times you say "D Galv and back cap" 37 people run straight to DB and stand there........ then !@#$% about losing

AV is a towers game, if you dont like it or cant play it then "thumbs down" it on the map selection screen so those of us that like it can enjoy the hour battles it provides if played properly

i dont understand the mentality of "OMFG AV lets get this over fast" .....why, so you can go sit in another 10 min BG queue !?!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
skip balinda and go straight for towers, go van at 2 towers or before the last tower falls. Its simple, horde just suck at strat. They always try to turtle, just have to be quick and get towers asap
Edited by Vincer on 9/30/2012 5:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Undead Rogue
2-3 Ally always rush Horde base.... to find 0 people defending. All it takes is 1-2 people to kill them with the archers help and Horde chance of victory skyrockets. I have zero sympathy for Horde complaints when I rush Horde base at start on my ally toons and see zero defenders.
Reply Quote
Alliance Zerg Drek, Fast win.
Horde Defend, Slow win for Horde (takes sometimes twice as long to win and turns into a reinforcement countdown)

Horde can defend and win but in that time you could probably lose 3 games to alliance fast win.

If you want to win AV, fraction chance and queue up for AV as alliance. It's insane how fast and how easy it is.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
09/30/2012 06:00 AMPosted by Gatchaman
2-3 Ally always rush Horde base.... to find 0 people defending. All it takes is 1-2 people to kill them with the archers help and Horde chance of victory skyrockets. I have zero sympathy for Horde complaints when I rush Horde base at start on my ally toons and see zero defenders.

Pretty much this, if alli lose west and east tower it's almost a guaranteed loss or it makes the game that much harder. Alli always rush RH and are likely to lose if they dont have it early.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Honestly I have been playing for quite some time now both horde and alli and here is the reason that I believe that ally win more than horde at AV. Bear with me this may seem silly, but I feel it is significant. The location of balinda comparatively to Galv is that Balinda is kind of right in the middle of the route. This causes alot more horde to go to balinda than required. Also, the way that the towers are set up, Alliance towers are closed, allowing you to cap free from archers across the way, where as horde towers or bunkers rather, are completely open to almost all forms of archery, so the PvE computers completely stop or slow rather, you from capping the flag in time. In my opinion, AV and Isle are both wack bgs so I veto them 100% of the time. Go bg in a bg that actually has pvp, or else just go dungeon que.

Breezy

I think you might be onto something, it's impossible to get to van without seeing bal. I always skip galv and haven't even killed him in the last 1-2 years, it must be a noob magnet for the horde.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]