Which spec is the most fun to dps with?

81 Night Elf Druid
Thoughts?

Also, what's the average queue time for dps? I've been tank/healer and I've gotten spoiled to instant queues
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Depends on how you want to play. No one can tell you which one is most fun because it's a relative term.

Sin is slow and DoT based.

Combat is semi-fast paced with powerful cooldowns.

Sub is a technicality-based spec that can be really good when you time things right, and really bad if you can't/don't.

As for queue times, they can range from 20 minutes to immeasurable.
Edited by Backstabi on 9/28/2012 7:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
81 Night Elf Druid
Wow that's a long queue time... how the heck do u guys gear your rogue haha...

I might just stick to my feral druid because of that :/
Reply Quote
81 Night Elf Druid
Also, does combat feel fast paced? what's the rotation for combat?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
09/28/2012 07:37 PMPosted by Fennris
Also, does combat feel fast paced?

09/28/2012 07:26 PMPosted by Backstabi
Combat is semi-fast paced

And the pace also scales with gear. 4.3 combat was damn near GCD capped.

09/28/2012 07:37 PMPosted by Fennris
what's the rotation for combat?

Keep up Revealing Strike and SnD. Dump CP's with Eviscerate. Sinister Strike to build CP's.

Use Killing Spree on Cooldown, and use AR with Shadowblades when Killing Spree is on cooldown, and when you can sit on the boss for the full duration of both cooldowns.

Blade Flurry when 2+ mobs are close together.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I hear conflicting info about finishers. EJ says (They are still updating so I'm keeping this in mind) that you weave in rupture and evis. The forums here have conditions where rupture takes priority.

So who do I listen to atm?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
EJ has a knack for putting in thsoe things that result in like a 1-2% DPS increase in ideal conditions.

It's likely that Rupture in the end is only a slight increase if used correctly, and becomes an even bigger decrease when used incorrectly.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
I hear conflicting info about finishers. EJ says (They are still updating so I'm keeping this in mind) that you weave in rupture and evis. The forums here have conditions where rupture takes priority.

So who do I listen to atm?

Would you like to know where we take our information from?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
09/29/2012 04:30 PMPosted by Newkie
My advice is play sub, and keep combat around for fights with 2-3 guys, more than that subs AOE will be better. Also for fights when it is impossible to get behind them, not because of backstab but because of Ambush. Now if during Dance they took the position requirement off Ambush this wouldnt be an issue. Druid Dance (Incarnation) does this for Ravage so...yea..

That is an opinon... not advice.
Reply Quote
81 Night Elf Druid
Thnks for replying, also, how do you deal with the dungeon queues? Do you think it takes longer to gear up rogues because they don't have instant dungeon queues? Or is there a technique or way around this?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
09/29/2012 06:54 PMPosted by Fennris
Thnks for replying, also, how do you deal with the dungeon queues? Do you think it takes longer to gear up rogues because they don't have instant dungeon queues? Or is there a technique or way around this?

All dps have to deal with the queues if solo because that are so many that exist. Group with a tank or healer cuts the wait tremendously.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]