Ferocious bite...

90 Tauren Druid
I have been finding that my 5 point combo ferocious bite with dps CDs blown hits for 45kish if I'm extremely lucky it's usually between 27k-35kish. When I am getting hit back to back for 70-100K a piece by casters and some melee.I was getting a little worried.I was hoping to watch my ferocious bite scale while lvling but my crits never got higher. I know stats come into play. I now we are bleed damage class. Kind of hard watching damage tick when you'e getting your face crit on. Any other feral's out there feel this?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I do feel that FB lost some of its "oomph" but its has always been a spell that takes up way to much energy for the damage it does. More noticeably now with energy and CP's the way they are.

TL:DR Yes FB doesnt hit as hard but I rarely use/used it anyway

As far as damage goes I feel great! I crit someone for a ridiculous amount yesterday in that awesome temple of kotmogu BG!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'm gonna play around with it for a bit and switch some tactics up. I know our stats are low atm and mastery, crit are huge for pvp for us. I just feel that spamming mangle is mindless though. I love combo point mechanics. Incarnation with heart of the wild is pretty awesome with 5 combo points up is fun.

/cheers
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yes it hits very low compare to what it was in Wotlk. It should be buffed by almost 70-100%.

I reported this many times in beta forums and people come to me asking for logs :(
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I hear ya man. I'm just getting tired of getting wrecked cause I cant keep up with my targets damage.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm not exactly 90 yet. But 1 day before MOP released I was hitting upwards of 50K+ FBs on people in BGs. I was extremely happy! Now that I don't have that gear and barely anyone has resil, I'm hitting really low full combo FBs, I hit a shadow priest without shield up for 5k full CP. My bleeds were ticking for 1-5k. I almost cried. He was nailing me in the face for 30k+ and practically losing zero mana even without his fiend. Seems mostly casters can nuke my face off in seconds. Maybe 90 with some gear will help? I hope. =/
Edited by Sourmist on 9/29/2012 9:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
i only use FB if they are close to dying
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
09/29/2012 09:19 PMPosted by Dewan
Hell my 85 priest crits harder than my druid, and its a dot based class.

false. exaggerate more.
Reply Quote
Leveling this guy was a pain.. I think druids got shafted a little on overall damage..
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Ive noticed the same, my dps is horrible compared to other classes, in bgs, casters are litteraly nukeing people with 20k dps im like.. 6k, fb sucks i dont use it because it sucks too much energy. Feral needs to be tuned big time... tis lacking in the dps department. lol
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I am completely baffled that after keeping SR and Rip up 24/7 while keeping some points on for a quick maim if needed, that you still have any resources left for a FB.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
09/30/2012 11:26 AMPosted by Earthreaver
I am completely baffled that after keeping SR and Rip up 24/7 while keeping some points on for a quick maim if needed, that you still have any resources left for a FB.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
09/29/2012 09:19 PMPosted by Dewan

Um, Feral is also a dot based spec...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
09/30/2012 06:35 PMPosted by Mojones

Um, Feral is also a dot based spec...

To bad our dots aka bleeds do NO damage.....
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
10/01/2012 01:00 AMPosted by Heavycreamer
Try using savage roar, tiger's fury and getting five CP before applying rip then come back saying feral dots do no damage.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
In my feral grinding gear (mostly greens and some blues) I've had FB crits on mobs for 140k or more. Just make sure you are above 50 energy when you cast it so it gets the extra energy to make it double it's damage. FB's damage is very dependent on procs/buffs. When grinding I can do 5 point FBs with greater than 50 energy and the damage range is pretty extreme. I wish it was more consistent.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
145k bite as resto with NV up =3
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/01/2012 02:35 AMPosted by Aghator
Try using savage roar, tiger's fury and getting five CP before applying rip then come back saying feral dots do no damage.

LOL...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]