Ferocious bite...

Maybe it's a L2P issue for me, but I have had trouble doing ANY damage at all, really. I have played around with different talents and glyphs and I have to say that, in comparison to the numbers I'm getting hit for, I don't even compare. Perhaps it's because more people than I think have the crafted gear? Leveling was also horrible, being energy starved and what not. I have confirmed with a friend that I don't really feel the damage difference from 85 to now-- Aside from those 105 FB crits on mobs. Honestly I'm mostly too energy starved to have the time to actually use fb with 5 combos and pooled energy.

But that's just me <3
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Maybe it's a L2P issue for me, but I have had trouble doing ANY damage at all, really. I have played around with different talents and glyphs and I have to say that, in comparison to the numbers I'm getting hit for, I don't even compare. Perhaps it's because more people than I think have the crafted gear? Leveling was also horrible, being energy starved and what not. I have confirmed with a friend that I don't really feel the damage difference from 85 to now-- Aside from those 105 FB crits on mobs. Honestly I'm mostly too energy starved to have the time to actually use fb with 5 combos and pooled energy.

But that's just me <3

I'm in the same boat. Leveling was a pain and doing dailies (especially the Golden Lotus "kill X" ones) is a chore. In heroics, if I have TF and Berserk up, I'm OK for a short burst, then essentially just waiting around doing pitiful DPS while I wait for them to become available again.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

But that's just me <3

I'm in the same boat. Leveling was a pain and doing dailies (especially the Golden Lotus "kill X" ones) is a chore. In heroics, if I have TF and Berserk up, I'm OK for a short burst, then essentially just waiting around doing pitiful DPS while I wait for them to become available again.

I really enjoyed levelling in Panderia but now that I am doing level 90 PVP, I sorta suck. I mentioned on another thread that I can burst someone down to 1/2 and even kill them but then its another 3 minutes before I can do any significant damage again. I feel underpowered.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
09/29/2012 01:18 AMPosted by Heavycreamer
I have been finding that my 5 point combo ferocious bite with dps CDs blown hits for 45kish if I'm extremely lucky it's usually between 27k-35kish. When I am getting hit back to back for 70-100K a piece by casters and some melee.I was getting a little worried.I was hoping to watch my ferocious bite scale while lvling but my crits never got higher. I know stats come into play. I now we are bleed damage class. Kind of hard watching damage tick when you'e getting your face crit on. Any other feral's out there feel this?

You know, I was going to make a post about this. It feels like they went back to the old old formula for FB, back when my FB range went from on the low end, mangle damage to the high end 2 times a crit of mangle, but it never seemed to hit much. When farming, I'll have a mob at half health, FB them, and they're not even at a quarter... WTH?!?!?

Also, did they add some kind of energy drain back to FB? When I FB now, my energy drops, then a tick later drops some more. Is the talent for giving energy for finishers not working and I'm losing energy on FB? What's going on here!?!?!
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
It's difficult to know if we're talking about against players or npcs.
It's true, quest trash doesn't flop over and die like it was in 4.3... but we were also outgearing the hell out of everything for the past 6 months at least. This can make questing very tedious, especially as feral does poorly from the front, has no reliable way to shred while questing, and has a long buildup time ... making rip largely pointless. As a result, we can't dps mobs down like other classes that can execute a normal rotation.

All that said, for the sake of injecting some numbers here... running with NS/SOTF/DoC build against the raid target dummy I pull about 38k dps at 455 ilvl (where is the agility leather in this confounded game??). I usually pull ~42k in h-dungeons though, lacking the extra hit/expertise really hurts -- esp trying to use DoC (mitigated hits while pooling energy before a finisher led to some energy caps)

That said, min, average, and max non-crits given for some abilities (keep in mind DoC skews some of the max numbers quite a bit...
shred 19.4k, 30k, 42.2k
FB 53.8k, 61.5k, 78.4k (including a 161.5k crit)
Rake hit 13k, 15.7k, 22.9k
Rake tick 13k, 15.5k, 22.9k
Rip 13.6k, 15.8k, 22.3k (including a 46k crit)

I've stopped using Thrash in single target for now as it doesn't generate CPs and the NS/SOTF/DoC build relies heavily on punching out a bunch of CPs in a short time span. I need all the Omen procs I can get for Combo Pts.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Ok that's kinda odd. I wonder if I my Macro is throwing things off. If I wasn't still lvling I would stop and do tests, but I've seen 29k Mangle Crits, at my lvl.

But it's not about how fast stuff dies, I can kill them faster by mangle spamming than throwing a FB at 5 combo points. That's my point. Instead of FB, I can just mangle and do near or more damage. 2 mangle does more damage than my FB everytime. It's feeling like my finsher (Aside frm RIp which is awesome) is pointless for farming. Seriously, I've seen 14k FBs. 14k! What is that?!?!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
In my feral grinding gear (mostly greens and some blues) I've had FB crits on mobs for 140k or more. Just make sure you are above 50 energy when you cast it so it gets the extra energy to make it double it's damage. FB's damage is very dependent on procs/buffs. When grinding I can do 5 point FBs with greater than 50 energy and the damage range is pretty extreme. I wish it was more consistent.

In greens 140k crit I call bullsh*t. Ferals are so sub par on damage right now it isn't even funny.

Got a 136k crit while questing in my mostly greens a few heroic blues feral set today and took a picture. Note the 447 ilevel equipped. Most of my greens are 429, a few 414 and 437.

http://imageshack.us/a/img202/2009/wowscrnshot100612194107.jpg
Edited by Niches on 10/6/2012 5:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
What I have noticed out of FB (and most of my attacks) is some major variances. I have seen, with the same buffs, anywhere from a 45k FB crit to a 146k one today while doing dailies. I have seen a 4k white hit followed immediately by a 16k white crit. I am not certain if the 26k white number I also saw in that time period was a white hit or not though. That one I have some doubts on.
Reply Quote
Rake, Tiger's Fury: Shred, and Rip hit like a truck for me right now, but I have 80% Mastery fully buffed or something.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Ok, finally saw a 59k FB crit. That's the highest for me yet. However, same run, saw a 13k FB hit. Yes that was 5 points. 13k...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Funny that restos can FB 3 times as hard as ferals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN5JZO00HfY&feature=g-u-u
Edited by Spams on 10/7/2012 2:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This is one of the things I genuinely hope they're looking at on the Dev side. I mean five CPs for the same damage as Shred? Seems pointless. A buff to this would significantly help get us on par in PvP sustainable damage.

That being said, I find myself wondering if we even get blues on our boards anymore. You would think they'd be a little more active/ responsive to feedback after so many changes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I have wondered a long time about who at Blizz plays feral.

That aside, I saw anohte 20k+ white number pop up today. I do not know what to think about the damage anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I only use FB as resto when i use heart of the wild, have gotten some nice 100k+ crits;)
Usually around 60-70k ish tho.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
This is one of the things I genuinely hope they're looking at on the Dev side. I mean five CPs for the same damage as Shred? Seems pointless. A buff to this would significantly help get us on par in PvP sustainable damage.

That being said, I find myself wondering if we even get blues on our boards anymore. You would think they'd be a little more active/ responsive to feedback after so many changes.

In general, blues don't look at any of the class forums.
This is essentially a druid watercooler area. That said, there is the exception with rogues. They're on the rogue forums lately, but that's an exception afforded to one of the favored classes. You will never see a blue post here.

As far as feedback on cat... during beta we were one of the very few specs to be completely and utterly ignored. Which was rather shocking considering this was an overhaul. Literally every post that even mentioned feral (usually listing every spec in the game and what the devs felt) was "everything is working great". They made 1 post that alluded to the SR revert which amounted to "we realize almost nobody likes this, but too bad suck it up".

Guardian was in a similar boat for most of the time but did get some blue response in the first balance thread -- though the response was largely nonsensical and they contradicted themselves a post later regarding Warrior Heroic Strike and Bear Maul.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
In general, blues don't look at any of the class forums.
This is essentially a druid watercooler area. That said, there is the exception with rogues. They're on the rogue forums lately, but that's an exception afforded to one of the favored classes. You will never see a blue post here.

This must be where my confusion stems from, as I popped over to the rogue forums to see if they were complaining as much as they usually do and saw a fair amount of blue icons.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/08/2012 10:44 PMPosted by Paulbathehut
They made 1 post that alluded to the SR revert which amounted to "we realize almost nobody likes this, but too bad suck it up".

They made a few others, there was one that was actually feedback from them specific to cats. Everything else I read that referenced cats was aimed first at bears and we were only mentioned in passing it felt like.

Honestly, what makes me wonder is the fact blizzard never commented on the staggering buff to SotF. You do not increase the benefit of a talent by 100% and then say nothing. Especially when the best theorycrafters were saying it made a mandatory talent.

Edit:
Just adding a link to the rough time in the feedback post when SotF got buffed.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6076977745?page=11#217
Edited by Tenshirou on 10/8/2012 11:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]