180k Frost Bombs

85 Blood Elf Priest
so with 40% base dmg reduction in pvp i am getting hit for 150-180k frost bombs,120k frostfire bolts and 60k icelance..

Great and balanced game,cant wait for doble/triple mage in arena
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
There is more to WoW than balancing for the Arena. Maybe raid performance should be gauged first before asking for the nerf bat to be swung at frost mages. PVP balance has held that spec back for way too long in PVE.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
09/29/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Delmarva
There is more to WoW than balancing for the Arena. Maybe raid performance should be gauged first before asking for the nerf bat to be swung at frost mages. PVP balance has held that spec back for way too long in PVE.

pvp is given the least attention out of anything in this game.

hell this was supposed to be the "PVP" expansion and during beta almost nothing was posted in the beta PVP section, more attention was given to the new pokemon feature.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
There are better ways to adresss PVE damage than to shove it all in frostbomb and gigantic burst nukes. In fact, that's probably bad for PVE as it will result in burst threat. Spread it out a bit more over a dot here, pet damage buff, buffs to damage vs targets who are permanently immune to roots (similar to how stormbolt does 100% weapon damage and 300% weapon damage against targets permanently immune to stuns), ect.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
SS or it didn't happen. Take off your tin foil hats.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
yes mage damage is stupid but just like to point out i got crit for 200k devouring plague about 30min ago.

I also died to a warrior in about 4 seconds (400k hp) not sure what he hit me with my combat log was broken at the time.
Edited by Betelgeus on 9/30/2012 12:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Can we just agree a lot of people have stupid damage and hand out the whiffle and nerf bats to tickle each other to death?
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
09/29/2012 05:46 PMPosted by Grux
There are better ways to adresss PVE damage than to shove it all in frostbomb and gigantic burst nukes. In fact, that's probably bad for PVE as it will result in burst threat. Spread it out a bit more over a dot here, pet damage buff, buffs to damage vs targets who are permanently immune to roots (similar to how stormbolt does 100% weapon damage and 300% weapon damage against targets permanently immune to stuns), ect.

Maybe give frozen targets the C Smash treatment in pvp?

Btw welcome back Grux, did you take a leave of absence?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
09/29/2012 12:58 PMPosted by Vantley

I hope you're trolling. Frost Mage should -never- be a PvE balanced spec because it revolves around -dealing damage to frozen targets- and guess what? Bosses can't be frozen. If it's DPS is balanced around raids that means it will be grossly GROSSLY overpowered in PvP

It is a PvE balanced spec right now. At least at 90.

Targets don't have to be frozen as long as Fingers of Frost exists.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
I am more annoyed that healing got nerfed in PvP, but shadow priests and mages who have absorb effects got to keep their tool kit untouched.

Absorbs are more potent than self healing.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
09/30/2012 05:10 AMPosted by Shockazulou

Maybe give frozen targets the C Smash treatment in pvp?

Btw welcome back Grux, did you take a leave of absence?

Yeah, I was gone for like...6 months or something. Skipped most of cata but I'm back now!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
I think we need to get rid of inferno blast/fireblast glyph.
Reply Quote
64 Worgen Hunter
Mages are overpowered? I'm shocked.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]