Is it just me?

90 Orc Warrior
I'm trying to level up my druid, so I can be a resto druid in pvp. Obviously questing as resto isn't going to work out well, so I went boomkin because I had no agility gear.

I feel absolutely worthless in world pvp. Just god awful. I put up my two weak dots on classes, which they ignore, and then try to cast something. The operative word is try. I get CC'd like nobody's business and get wrecked.

Is there anything else I can do, other than simply run away like a !@#$%?
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Druid
I've actually been questing in resto and it hasn't gone too bad, and i've never been killed in world pvp apart from 85s.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You are going to experiance the same things as Resto as a Boomkin, maybe more (yes lots more). Meaning, people are going to CC you or focus you into oblivion (More so the latter in wpvp).

You have to learn how to avoid CC, fake cast (juke) and LoS. Having DPS around to "peel' for you is crucial as well.

Arena Junkies had some really good free wright-ups on positioning. I could go very indepth here about this stuff but finding guides and videos more skilled people have made just for beginners will help you more.

Just know there is something you can do! And this Los,juking, avoiding cc goes for All specs in All types of pvp. Its just more noticeable when you start out a caster/healer. This will make you a better pvper in general.

Ill see if I can find some cool stuf today and post back.
Edited by Earthreaver on 9/30/2012 4:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Own them man!

Mind you, they could have full PvP gear and if you're only just starting to level it may be a bit hard.

I personally only died once while levelling my druid as balance. Was killing 3 mobs and a rogue ganked me at ~25%hp.

We have wicked mobility now. Take advantage of it. DoT, CC, Run around, Burst, CC Heal. Easy wins? Or just CC and run bro.

probably a gear issue / learning :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]