[BUG] "Going to need more traps" Achievement

90 Undead Priest
I've been having a lot of trouble trapping high-level pets even though I got this achievement a couple of days ago. Today, I noticed that the achievement is now missing altogether from my Achievements panel. It's not under Pet Battles, Collect, Battle or Level. I even checked Feats of Strength to see if it got moved, but it's not there either. Need a GM to advise if this achievement has been removed from the game or if it is just currently missing?

I also posted this to Wowhead: http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=6556#comments:id=1725257
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
I've been having a lot of trouble trapping high-level pets even though I got this achievement a couple of days ago. Today, I noticed that the achievement is now missing altogether from my Achievements panel. It's not under Pet Battles, Collect, Battle or Level. I even checked Feats of Strength to see if it got moved, but it's not there either. Need a GM to advise if this achievement has been removed from the game or if it is just currently missing?

I also posted this to Wowhead: http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=6556#comments:id=1725257

That achievement is part of a series, did you check under your Zen Pet Hunter achievement to see if it's listed there?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I'm having the same problem and I have the Zen Pet Hunter achievement as well. It's not there either.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I also blew through the capture quests; finished Going to Need More Traps on the first day, and got to Zen Pet Hunter on 10/1/2012. Never got a single trap upgrade. (My tool tip still says +20% per failed attempt)

My buddy, who went at a moderate pace, just finished Going to Need More Traps today, and got the Strong Trap (+25% per attempt). So it seems like they intended us to have the upgrades, but that it was bugged until recently.

Blizz... please let us know how to enable this upgrade... it's getting really hard to trap the higher lvl pets with the old starter trap!

-Delwynnor
Edited by Delwynnor on 10/3/2012 11:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I also blew through the capture quests; finished Going to Need More Traps on the first day, and got to Zen Pet Hunter on 10/1/2012. Never got a single trap upgrade. (My tool tip still says +20% per failed attempt)

My buddy, who went at a moderate pace, just finished Going to Need More Traps today, and got the Strong Trap (+25% per attempt). So it seems like they intended us to have the upgrades, but that it was bugged until recently.

This same thing happened to me with my fiance. I got the achievement with no improvement and a few days later (after the fix) he got the achievement and the upgrade. I figured after the fix I'd have mine upgraded too, but it's no go. =(
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I have the same issue. I completed the achieve before my wife and when she completed it today she got the stronger trap. I still don't have it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
10/04/2012 03:43 PMPosted by Haurenothen
I have the same issue. I completed the achieve before my wife and when she completed it today she got the stronger trap. I still don't have it.

I'm having this issue as well. Haven't seen anyone else with the stronger trap myself yet, but it's quite annoying that some people are getting it and not others.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I'm lacking the stronger trap as well, even though I do have the achievement.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Rhykes
87 Worgen Mage
Little Muffin That Could

That achievement is part of a series, did you check under your Zen Pet Hunter achievement to see if it's listed there

@Rhykes, Thank you, you're right! The achievement is now bundled under the "Zen Pet Hunter" achievement. However, the Strong Traps rewards is still malfunctioning. Sad face.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Strong Trap reward still not working for me/never received.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I am having the same issue.
Reply Quote
Same problem here, never got the trap upgrade.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I saw that it said we were supposed to get this hotfixed in the 5.05 that hit today but I, too, do not have any traps over 20% even though I have the achievement. Is there something I need to do to activate it?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Same here. Still don't have achievement. Trap looks no different than it ever has.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
Confirmed, still no trap upgrade. According to this tweet (https://twitter.com/mumper/status/254487245749370880) the fix was meant to be retroactive, but it seems there's still work left to do.

Fortunately I have lots of other things to do, but this bug has put a hold on my plans to collect some higher-level pets. :-(
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
I don't have the upgraded trap either.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I had the achievement on launch day but no trap upgrade yet. :(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I have Zen Pet Hunter too 7 no strong trap- any word on when this might be fixed? I can't trap ANYTHING first try now.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
As of today, it's now taking me 4-7 tries to trap L22 and up pets.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]