So...yea...is Disc getting buffed?

90 Undead Priest
Seriously... there is no way Blizzard can leave it the way it is... right? Despite all of the utility and QoL nerfs, it is unacceptable that we OOM as fast as we do. I'll take the mobility nerfs, the healing output nerfs, all of our core abilities becoming glyphs, etc.... but at least allow us to heal players without OOMing in 30 freaking seconds, please! My main question is how the hell did several months of Beta testing allow this to happen? Did any Disc Priests even give feedback on this???
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
So much is broken about disc they will never fix it all, if any. Stopped leveling my DK at 87 and started the druid from 85. Disc has been my main for 2 expansions, looks like I'm moving on.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
1. You are not max level so until then you shouldn't be judging a class that wasn't intended to be balanced at anything but level 90

2. If you have enough spirit and play properly the way you need to at the beginning of an expansion disc is fine. I have successfully healed every single heroic dungeon in the game and I've healed it with tanks that have similar health bars to mine.

3. Stack spirit. this isn't cata anymore and all healers need spirit to last. I find so far that no boss is a problem as long as dps don't stand in bad things, but guess what? I have 7814 combat regen and if I can get more I will.

4. Raids are not out yet. When logs are available for players to review and see which healers are doing the best and which are struggling then we can talk about buffing or nerfing classes.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I had next to no mana issues healing dungeons as disc while leveling.

Use your mana cooldowns liberally. Track your rapture procs. Keep Evangelism up and heal with Penance.

Edit: Since below it was clarified that this relates to PvP, my above comments do not apply. For PvE, however, they do.
Edited by Yunocchi on 9/30/2012 10:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Something to add, my mastery is nearly 40%, and my combat regen is 10,500. I hardly ever go below 80% mana, and only during ridiculous pulls do I drop anywhere near 50%.
Disc is NOT broken, infact its perfect the way it is. I did a 40man sha encounter on Sargeras, US and outhealed every other healer we had by atleast 6%. I did go OOM, but so did every other healer. We're not broken, youre just playing disc like it was meant to be played in cata.

Go for mastery, and for spirit. I'm currently getting 12500 back from rapture, and 18000 when rapture procs during my spirit trinket proc. My shields hit for 75k, which makes a HUGE difference than the 50k they were hitting when my ilvl was ~430.

I'm not saying this to brag. I'm saying this so you have an idea of what to aim for so you dont feel like you have to drink after every pull.

For the time being you've got to reroute your thinking and thirst for spirit. Plan on flasking and eating spirit food for raids only until youre more comfortable with your regen. Consider heartsong on your weapon until you can play around with Jade Song ( I think thats what its called ). Rethink spirit gems in some gem slots over intellect gems. You can have all the intellect of Jesus, but youre no use unless you've got mana.
Edited by Pradaxa on 9/30/2012 8:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Man i came in here feeling the same way as the guy who made this thread and after i read pradaxa and Rapsidy posts, i feel empowered.Thank you for the great info!i feel so positive about my priest now.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
09/30/2012 07:52 PMPosted by Whiteoctober
Did any Disc Priests even give feedback on this???

Yes but the usual blind confidence in blizzard i.e. "beta is beta" and "Don't worry it will work out in the new metagame" dulls that out every expansion.

BTW are you talking about PVP? It sounds like you might be.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Sorry, I should have been more clear: I'm talking about PvP. A PvP buff is desperately needed!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Prob won't see a buff for disc pvp for a couple months im guessing.

Go shadow or don't go at all.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I am same level as your portrait is.

I have no mana problems. If anything the dungeons are easy.

I mostly heal with atonement healing.

There have been a few fights where people were spread out all over. Then I mostly just used Penance, heal, and PoM.

I have power word solstice, but I am going to drop it for mindbender if I can ever remember.

You can run oom fast if you constantly used FH and GH. I do use bother, but only if I think I really have too.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
09/30/2012 09:55 PMPosted by Whiteoctober
Sorry, I should have been more clear: I'm talking about PvP. A PvP buff is desperately needed!

Oops, is your portrait out of date, why worry about pvp?

Also, badly geared, I never ran oom there either. Unless you are talking about arena.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
APM
09/30/2012 08:31 PMPosted by Yunocchi
Track your rapture procs

why you spirit does not even cover the cost of bubble?

Mana is tight at 90 i dont see it getting any better anytime soon. Gear will help but our spells either need a buff or mana cost reduced
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
priests are fine only thing kinda tough is challenge modes but thats expected
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Something to add, my mastery is nearly 40%, and my combat regen is 10,500. I hardly ever go below 80% mana, and only during ridiculous pulls do I drop anywhere near 50%.
Disc is NOT broken, infact its perfect the way it is. I did a 40man sha encounter on Sargeras, US and outhealed every other healer we had by atleast 6%. I did go OOM, but so did every other healer. We're not broken, youre just playing disc like it was meant to be played in cata.

Go for mastery, and for spirit. I'm currently getting 12500 back from rapture, and 18000 when rapture procs during my spirit trinket proc. My shields hit for 75k, which makes a HUGE difference than the 50k they were hitting when my ilvl was ~430.

I'm not saying this to brag. I'm saying this so you have an idea of what to aim for so you dont feel like you have to drink after every pull.

For the time being you've got to reroute your thinking and thirst for spirit. Plan on flasking and eating spirit food for raids only until youre more comfortable with your regen. Consider heartsong on your weapon until you can play around with Jade Song ( I think thats what its called ). Rethink spirit gems in some gem slots over intellect gems. You can have all the intellect of Jesus, but youre no use unless you've got mana.

Although I must say that you make somewhat valid points, the comparative HPM of Disc is quite low and the mana efficiency is also quite poor. Excellent work on getting so well geared and acquiring Jin'yu MH weapon. That's a super piece of kit.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
10/01/2012 07:20 PMPosted by Loratabb
why you spirit does not even cover the cost of bubble?

That's not really the point. The proc serves to increase the efficiency of the spell, and at respectable levels of mastery and spirit the hpm increase is worth paying attention to the internal cd. Paying attention to rapture will still be a key part of your longevity as disc.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I gurantee you when raids come out disc priests will need a buff. Granted cata healing was a joke, healing was really easy. This expansion it makes it a bit tougher. Went into my first heroic a couple days ago and I OOM'd really fast on bosses. I had to REALLY watch my mana management this time. Your raid partners will have to not mess up for your mana pool to be effective. Theres no way in a raid the way disc is now we wont OOM quickly.

But you can have effective mana management heroics arnt tough when you get use to them and not have bad groups. But they took our passives away like inner focus and changed it to 25%, shields are costly and its a mess right now imo.

BTW shadow priest damage is the worst amongest all dps its retarded and thats my main. -_-
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
for PvE holy is better in every way shape and form. if you're PvE disc you're just dumb.

PvP holy is looking stronger to. disc doesn't last mana wise when forced to flash heal more than twice, bubble doesn't absorb more enough damage to make a difference, no mobility, etc etc.

tl;dr holy
Reply Quote
87 Human Priest
10/01/2012 10:02 PMPosted by Cooldispel
for PvE holy is better in every way shape and form. if you're PvE disc you're just dumb.

I can't agree with this at all, it makes you sound completly stupid and ignorant. You may enjoy Holy or Shadow, that's fine, but it doesn't make anyone who enjoys and plays Discipline "dumb".

Anyway, as was touched on before. Just keep an eye on your mana cooldowns, I also heal a lot using atonement, and that helps really well. Having Mindbender helps a lot as well, plus when questing that thing can really dish out the damage. Choosing Power Infusion in the talents is a plus too, which is something I need to fix in my own selection now that I think of it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]