Geosynchronous World Spinner

90 Orc Hunter
Geosynchronous World Spinner takes 12 Spirit of Harmony but the new JC mounts take none? How are we suposed to be selling these if it takes up to a week to farm out all the mats?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I don't think there is any way in heck you'd be selling that mount.

I'd be lucky to ever have the mats for one, which I'd use myself.

The AH house price would be so insane they'd never sell.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Thats my point. Almost every JC has 4 mounts selling and the !@#$ one for about 500k total.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
im an engineer and JC. i understand your pain but JC mounts arent any cheaper. they require a mat that you have to buy from a vendor and the price is 20k, another 5k on that for everything else. that is the first 4 mounts. the 5th is made by combining the first 4 so it costs about 100k. they really wont sell well either except for the hardcore players with tons of gold to spare.
Reply Quote
09/30/2012 09:07 PMPosted by Highland
im an engineer and JC. i understand your pain but JC mounts arent any cheaper. they require a mat that you have to buy from a vendor and the price is 20k

The engineering mounts require three of those.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
im an engineer and JC. i understand your pain but JC mounts arent any cheaper. they require a mat that you have to buy from a vendor and the price is 20k

The engineering mounts require three of those.

Lol pwned.

This mount will cost about 80k, 12 days of waiting for living steel CD if you go that route, and many hours of farming motes of harmony. For it to be worth selling, I'd say it should have to sell for at least 120k.

Having said that, I firmly believe there are people out there that would spend that kind of money on a vanity mount. There are tons of very rich players out there who really care about mount collecting. There are plenty of people (myself included) who have already made more than 100k off the economy boom generated by this expansion.

I'm going to craft one and try to sell it for as much as I can. Worst case, I decide to use it and I have a pimpin vanity mount to ride around on.
Edited by Rammbow on 10/2/2012 7:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm upset, comparing these mats to the mats for the JC Panther mounts--there is no comparison. While the Panther mounts take (1) Orb of Mystery, this one takes (3) at a vendor price of 18k each, that alone makes this mount ridiculously expensive to craft--not to mention 3x the amount of Living Steel (4 bars vs. 12 bars), and the motes of harmony (none vs. 12). Blizzard why do you make the game so lopsidedly bias? Needless to say, I most likely won't be crafting this mount--what a disappointment engineering has turned out to be at 600. On a side note: this mount is the ugliest mount you have come up with yet! In the least--it should have been a two-man mount--that may have made crafting it worth consideration.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I sold one of these late october for 105k, at the time the mats were worth around 75k. They are now worth 62k~. I made a 2nd mount after the first and it still hasn't sold even though I have been reducing the price every week or so (listed it tonight at 75k).

There is no competition here either, I've seen ONE other world spinner posted, and it was gone after a few days. My server is high pop.

It seems like there is no interest in this mount because it is so expensive.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeh I haven't sold either a world spinner or a jc mount despite people wanting both.
Cost is just too high.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
In reply to Highland...... i believe he was tankin about 1 plain old mount....... and you complain about 1 part costing 20k, the engineer mount required 3 of them >.>
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
The colored JC mounts take one.

The onyx panther takes 4.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I just crafted my engineer mount and is about ready to craft jc mount on this toon. It costs too much but if you have enough gold to spend so get it, they look so cool. This is the way for blizzard to suck the gold out of the market.
I don't know about selling these mounts in AH, I would not craft them and put on AH, because now mounts are account bound if you can't sell them, I don't know what to do with them. I remember I crafted 5 bikes for my toons in WOTLK.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
When you're talking low volume/high cost items like these, you need to understand that the market for them will be small. Not everything in the game is designed to make you profit.

And for those spouting bias, if you compare the mounts made by high level JC to high level engineering, the JC mounts cost more to make overall from a completion standpoint.

Also, at least on my server the JC mounts make nearly no profit. Nobody really buys them off the AH and most of the ones I see posted are listed maybe a few thousand above material cost and sit there for long periods of time. The best thing to do is just check trade once in a while if you have the materials handy and see if anyone is in the market for a mount. Negotiate the tip and bam, you save yourself the hassle of crafting something like this and not having a buyer for weeks.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I wouldn't pay a copper for it anyways, for one reason: my friend made a Blingtron and lets me know every time he's about to put it down. Rare chance? Sure, but it's free. Heck, I get -paid- to try.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
The materials for the JC panthers can be obtained by anyone very easily and because of that there is literally only about 1k profit to be made on a colored one and 3-4k on a onyx one. Because SoH must be farmed and not bought they are worth a lot. Only the engineers can supply the most important mat for the mount were as anyone can trade the JC all the necessary mats to make the mount.

~~Engineer mounts are intrinsically worth more because they are harder to make then the JC mounts despite requiring more overhead. JC'er are lucky to get a tip for making a panther.
Edited by Lifenite on 12/18/2012 12:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
i would have loved an engi only airplane.

also in terms of looks:

depleted kyparium rocket > world spinner.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I like the look of the Geosynchronous World Spinner better than the Depleted-Kyparium Rocket, but I hate its color. I mean, really—orange? Bleh.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
The onyx panthers cost 4 living steel each (4 days), and doing dailys with cloud serpent for a month to get exalted, and cost 200g each to buy recipe.

and the engineering mount takes 12 days to get living steels and that will be way more than enough time to farm harmonies..

Id say theyre pretty even considering you dont have to do cloud serpent dailies to get the engineering mount.

but if you disagree, re roll JC and start those dailys.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/19/2012 09:01 AMPosted by Daredevill
doing dailys with cloud serpent for a month to get exalted, and cost 200g each to buy recipe.

It's more like less than a week of dailies now if you get no eggs. I started doing it post 5.1 and pretty easily farmed it in under 24 hours.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Nobody wants to spend the kind of gold these mounts cost to make. Instead of making mats that are tough to farm, they just made it a gold sink. There's really not much "crafting" involved which sucks imo.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]