Divine Light

90 Human Paladin
I have done several Heroic runs and paladin healing is in a good spot except for Divine Light. It seems that Divine light has a "Cata Hangover" and what I mean by that is that it is essentially healing for the same as it did in Cata. My normal DL without a crit is healing from 47k-55K. With the scaling of HP and having healed tanks at 400k to 550k HP this spell just doesn't cut it anymore. This spell was abused to the point that no one ever really use Holy Light and they should make changes to that. However this spell is intended to be the big emergency heal which it is in terms of mana but not output. I have had far too many instances where the tank gets to 20% by pulling certain packs or getting hit hard and I use my DL only to see the tanks HP barely move. Even after casting it several times it does not bring the tank or a dps back up as it should.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Did you say that no one uses Holy Light? ....

Divine Light is not an emergency heal - that would be Flash of Light.

If your tank is getting hit that hard that often, they are doing something wrong. If you aren't doing anything about it, now you are also doing something wrong. You have Hand of Sacrifice; use it. You have Sacred Shield; use it.

If you are having to cast Divine Light more than twice in a row, you (and whoever) are doing something wrong. You have Holy Power; use it.

Personally, I would choose Holy Prism for 5-mans.

The big heals appear weak at the beginning of an expansion because you don't have the gear yet to make them really strong. It's designed this way, and for good reason. Soon enough, Divine Light will be what you think it should be.

Riôt
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Thanks for the reply however this wasn't about how to heal I can do that just fine. It was more on testing Divine Light and the fact that it seems to not have scaled very well in the Xpac. Thanks for the reply that really doesn't have anything to do with the reason I posted in the first place. Oh and I forgot that we had other heals besides DL...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I agree with the OP, it does feel pretty weak (although he got the emergency heal part wrong).

Holy Light seems to hit at about 60-65% of what DL does and at 1/3 of the cost. It almost feels that DL isn't worth using in most cases because you can sub in FoL for approximately the same cost, a fraction of the cast time, and only slightly less throughput.
Edited by Adornus on 10/1/2012 12:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It seems like Paladins all around didn't scale very well from 85 to 90.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Aye, enjoy it while you can.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
i leveled my hpally to 90, ran through the heroics, im decently geared, and my hpally healing just seems extremly weak, the highest i have crit for is 100k on rare occasions, most crits are 60-65k. im in the same boat trying to heal tanks with 450k hp, and throwing every spell at them and watching there hp bar barely move. my wife plays a r sham and she crits for 300k+, and doesnt have a problem. so now im leveling my druid in hopes druid heals are better then Hpally's. im glad im not the only one having issues with hpally healing,
Reply Quote
i leveled my hpally to 90, ran through the heroics, im decently geared, and my hpally healing just seems extremly weak, the highest i have crit for is 100k on rare occasions, most crits are 60-65k. im in the same boat trying to heal tanks with 450k hp, and throwing every spell at them and watching there hp bar barely move. my wife plays a r sham and she crits for 300k+, and doesnt have a problem. so now im leveling my druid in hopes druid heals are better then Hpally's. im glad im not the only one having issues with hpally healing,

You can't really compare shamans to any other class for the strength of their heals. The lower the target, the bigger their heal will be because of theiir mastery.

That's not to say big heals don't feel small... greater heal feels nigh pointless to cast over flash heal (dear lord never thought I would say that), but them's the breaks of the beginning of an xpac. :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/01/2012 07:19 PMPosted by Marathel
All the more reason to abuse the hell out of Selfless Healer.

Rofl, this is so OP for 5 mans. Even in BGs as well. I love seeing FoL crits for 200k+, especially when it doesn't cost any mana at all ^_^
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/02/2012 04:40 AMPosted by Ønë

I am moderately geared and DL/WoG(EF)/Holy Prism all crit for 120k+, Holy shock for 75k+. Not biggest heals "in a vacuum" but I don't think we're lacking at all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]