Moonfire dots and Sunfire dots

90 Human Warrior
Had a Balance Druid in a bg today do 10 million damage and 55% of it was from these two dots.

How is that possible?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Bad healers who don't dispel (edit: combined with 8 sec cd on dispels)
Celestial Alignment buffed dots
Nature's Vigil buffed dots
Incarnation Chosen of Elune buffed dots
Astral Communion preventing the need for hard casts to reach an eclipse
Eclipse buffed dots
Edited by Phaydre on 10/1/2012 12:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
If you dot 10 things at once, surprisingly you will do a lot of damage and most of it will be dots.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Why did Blizzard remove the iconic Insect Swarm only to turn around and give moonkin back sunfire...essentially a second moonfire DoT? If it is mechanics, with astral alignment or whatever increase moonfire / sunfire damage while spamming it, they could have just allowed IS to stack to three during solar eclipses or something to compensate.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You should have seen us Balance druids with rathrak and CoC :)

And Jozie, that's something every Balance druid has been asking since they decided to split MF/SnF as two separate DoTs. We don't know why.
Reply Quote
When there was mf/SnF and Insect swarm, solar would be super powerful dot wise during an eclipse, while lunar would only boost mf. I think this way its much easier for blizzard to balance and tweak the eclipse states to play together better.

Granted I think wrath needs a little lovin, but that isn't what this thread is about :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
You should have seen us Balance druids with rathrak and CoC :)

And Jozie, that's something every Balance druid has been asking since they decided to split MF/SnF as two separate DoTs. We don't know why.

Uhh....I know why.

They experimented with 1 DOT. It sucked. They experimented with Fae Empowerment (1-DOT). It also sucked. They gave back a second DOT, Sunfire, to help movement DPS strategies.

LSS: SnF > IS
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
This was the case even before MoP.
I remember doing a WSG against a worgen boomkin that just destroyed everything using nothing but moonfire. According to recount, he didn't even use insect swarm and cast wrath and SF less than 10 times.
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 02:05 PMPosted by Jozie
Why did Blizzard remove the iconic Insect Swarm only to turn around and give moonkin back sunfire...essentially a second moonfire DoT? If it is mechanics, with astral alignment or whatever increase moonfire / sunfire damage while spamming it, they could have just allowed IS to stack to three during solar eclipses or something to compensate.

You are missing the entire point of the removal of IS for sunfire, i don't blame you since your avatar is a dk so ill explain.

In cata i would be full pve and just stay in solar eclipse and spam double BUFFED dots and shroom. The key word is buffed.

MoP the double buffed dots is now a 3 min cd instead of 100% uptime

And i dont think 10m damage is that much, in cata i would pull 10-14m constantly in pve heroic with my other full pve guildies.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
10/01/2012 02:05 PMPosted by Jozie
Why did Blizzard remove the iconic Insect Swarm only to turn around and give moonkin back sunfire...essentially a second moonfire DoT?

So that you have two DoTs but they aren't both boosted by a single eclipse. IS would still be boosted by solar, along with sunfire. You just sat in Solar forever in BGs and casted full power DoTs on everything, only leaving when you had to SS burst someone. So now, no more double powered up DoTs unless you use a CD.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
10/02/2012 12:37 AMPosted by Chewbarca
And i dont think 10m damage is that much, in cata i would pull 10-14m constantly in pve heroic with my other full pve guildies.

This was in a BATTLEGROUND!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]