Automatic quest tracking

90 Human Rogue
The quest tracking used to work so that, when I accepted one, it would automatically track it. Then, if I didn't make any progress for a few minutes, the tracking would turn off. It would reappear again for a few minutes if I did start meeting the objectives.

Now, if I have the "Automatic quest tracking" option enabled, it tracks quests indefinitely. Regardless of how long I don't make progress, the quests are always tracked. Even if I exit the game, they are still there when I log back in. The only way to get rid of them is to turn in the quest or manually turn off tracking for each quest. On the other hand, if I uncheck the option, it doesn't track quests at all.

I highly prefer the old method, but I don't know if the new method is intended or if it's just a glitch. I didn't find any mention of this when searching the forums. Any thoughts on this?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
/bump
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
/bump
Reply Quote
92 Night Elf Druid
I was not aware that it ever acted in the manner you described originally. Perhaps you had an addon that would do that for you? If not, it sounds like an interesting thing for an addon to do.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I never had anything installed that I'm aware of...in fact I can't even recall the last time I installed or uninstalled an addon....
Reply Quote
30 Orc Warlock
Yep, I've run into this too. It's slowly driving me batty.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Really? So it's not just me? I was starting to assume I was just going crazy...
Reply Quote
96 Blood Elf Mage
I'm having the exact same issue, I loved the old way now i don't track quests at all, thanks blizz
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I found an addon called Quest Untracker that is supposed to stop tracking quests for you once you complete them. I figured this would make it a little closer to the way things used to be...but it doesn't work. At all. This whole mess is upsetting.

All I want is for the quest trackers to disappear after a while. I don't care if it's with an addon or through the Blizzard UI. I just don't want to see all the superfluous text days after I accepted the quests....
Edited by Original on 10/11/2012 10:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]