[CS Lounge] Lorewalkers Need Naps Too

100 Draenei Shaman
Rain for the next 4 days here :(

This part of canada, has done from summer, into full bown fall, no inbetween.
100 Blood Elf Priest
Rain for the next 4 days here :(

This part of canada, has done from summer, into full bown fall, no inbetween.
So has this part of Texas...but give it a few days and we will be back in summer again...lol.
100 Undead Warlock
Sounds like the weather around here. This past weekend, it was hot and dry, to the point of numerous grass fires. Yesterday, three inches of snow.
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
Today's weather is really nice where I am, but it's supposed to drop like 20 degrees and rain tomorrow.
90 Pandaren Mage
It's so windy around here, has been for a few days. It's weird, just came out of nowhere.
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
Mmm....the joys of cloning a Windows ME system.

1) Disconnect secondary IDE cable
2) Connect dual channel IDE to SATA adapter
3) Connect SSD and Blu-Ray drive to SATA adapter after connecting SATA adapter to mobo.
4) Dig through room for my molex to dual SATA power adapter(making huge mess in the process)
5) Forget that the 12 year old PC is set to start up from floppy first and ignore CD-ROM
6) Change BIOS to forget there was ever a floppy and use blu-ray drive to boot from
7) Boot up from Acronis Trueimage Home 2010
8) Set up clone to SSD from 12 year old 60 GB Maxtor Dying Drive
9) Start clone and go bowling
10) Maybe be done cloning tomorrow morning if the drive hasn't died on me by then.

All this just so my grandparents have a working computer that can play Scrabble 1.0. From 1995. Which won't work in WinXP so I'm stuck with WinME.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh. Took me forever to find a backup program that can work on such an old machine.

I think I'd rather do dailies nonstop for a week than do this again. My grandparents better appreciate this...I just lost my Chameleon boot drive, so there goes being able to boot Lion into 64-bit mode under a false computer name (yay Champlist) in order to download Mountain Lion and then hackie-boot that on my Mac Pro 1,1.

P.S. - Those old PC cases can really cut you good if you aren't careful. WTB Cosmos II case...

/climbs onto flatsy's head, curls up into a ball and starts shaking uncontrollably
90 Pandaren Mage
Why would you even clone garbage like that? Heck, even a "downgrade" to Windows 98 is more like an upgrade.
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
10/05/2012 03:11 PMPosted by Trehtik
Why would you even clone garbage like that? Heck, even a "downgrade" to Windows 98 is more like an upgrade.

Oddly enough, ME did have slightly better USB support, which I actually needed. That and ME was free at the time, so yeah. Also Firefox 2.3 wouldn't run on the 98 partition I had, but did on ME, so that also was a factor.

And believe me, I'd have been on XP long ago if not for Scrabble. My grandparents hated 2.x with a passion, and wanted only 1.x. However, the internet marches on, and flash can't be updated for ME, nor can firefox. So the moment I'm able to get a new Mac Pro, this one goes to my grandparents and they don't get to say jack about it. I'll see if I can get Scrabble 1.0 running in OS 9 via sheepshaver, but that's as far as I go delving into old OSes after that point. :D

Hey, at least it isn't having to deal with Yellow Dog Linux or MkLinux for PPC. :P
13 Pandaren Monk
/wanders in

BOO!! I'm a phantompanda

I think I made a mistake during a transmog. My pigtails are gone and I'm furred and fluffy now. ;)

/curls up in corner
32 Gnome Warrior
YIKES!!! I had a dream were I was tuned into a phantompanda. It had to be a dream because when I just woke up while replying to a thread I was in UI and Macro Forum instead of here in CSF :)
87 Blood Elf Death Knight
Poor Tengi! *snuggles*
13 Pandaren Monk
/snuggles with Alvraen

Or should I call you MommyAlvie since you are responsible for me be able to be created :)
MVP - Customer Support
28 Pandaren Monk
Oh look, a monk!
32 Gnome Warrior
10/05/2012 06:20 PMPosted by Tylëë
Oh look, a monk!

I've heard there has been a recent explosion of monks lately :)

/wanders out the door before she gets herself confused let alone everyone else
13 Pandaren Monk
/grabs Tengi by the pigtails

You better not forget to send me those bags and money and stuff once I get to Stormwind

/curls up in corner
72 Pandaren Priest
/snuggles with Alvraen

Or should I call you MommyAlvie since you are responsible for me be able to be created :)
There.
90 Troll Druid
Geh... I just realized I need to start getting my stuff ready for my trip on Tuesday.
100 Blood Elf Priest
10/05/2012 07:20 PMPosted by Moon
Geh... I just realized I need to start getting my stuff ready for my trip on Tuesday.
Have a safe and fun trip. And, you missed a third rare earlier.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
*spins*

Concept accepted, sheet sent in. Now I wait until December. blargh.

*twiddles*

*noms things*
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]