Strength or PvP Power?

90 Human Warrior
The new PvP season is out tomorrow and so is all the gear etc. For the blue sockets of warriors pvp gear what will be more beneficial? Full PvP Power gems (blue) or Strength with PvP power gem (Purple)?
Edited by Rócky on 10/1/2012 10:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
We are too early in the xpack to tell honestly. At level 85 there was a thread here saying at over 15k AP PvP power does more damage, but now we dont have the gear yet to see if PvP power is doing more damage.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
bump
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
pvp power. vangaurd made this crazy post about it during beta. has a bunch of graphs and !@#$ all you need to know is for pvp. pvp power > str
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I think Blizzard said stacking PvP power is effective, but you need to have some of your core stats as well.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
SRH
well STR give u parry thats good vs melee classes but useless vs caster.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I think pvp power drs at 30%

It is a bit complicated figuring how str will affect certain levels of powerr and visa versa.. So I just have my gems 50/50 at the moment. Dont forget resil though. Counters pvp power and you can do more damage if you stay in the fight.
Reply Quote
79 Pandaren Warrior
http://battlemasters.org/?p=2396

Interesting read about PVP Power, other stats, and PVP resil affecting effective health. Not sure if this will answer your question or not, OP.

PVP Power increases damage done to players, so if you have no underlying damage for it to increase it seems worthless, indicating you'll want some STR too.
Edited by Resies on 10/3/2012 11:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
call me crazy but is 320 crit not better than 160 strength? seems like it should be on the table at least. I would think theres no way 160 str beats 320 pvp power.

I have no math to back it up, just basing it on past knowledge of how stat weights usually work out.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]