Windwalker PVP damage needs a MAJOR buff.

90 Blood Elf Monk
Another suggestion on Chi Blast

Change it to 1 Chi cost and offer a Glyph that allows you to move while casting for the price of 2 Chi.

Combining both ideas from previous post. Meh.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
Well,

I tried ganking a same lvl Shadow priest.... I lost
I tried ganking a BM Hunter one level below me at 75% hp... I lost
I tried fighting off a ganking paladin ... He killed me in 10 seconds with full HP.

Before you call me bad, I was a 2k warrior in BC.

P.S. having to wait for Tigerseye Brew to stack really sucks.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Jabs damage is rather problematic, it costs 40 energy, and it does less than white swings. Cool !@#$. Also, double RSK's damage, thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
so just to clarify, you were a 2k warrior in BC so that is why you aren't bad? lol
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
10/02/2012 10:43 AMPosted by Kane
It's ridiculous how low it is right now. Realistically, we have no more battle survivability than any other class, yet our damage is beyond horrendous.

I agree with this post 100%
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Our damage is NOT low. You guys are confusing burst with damage. Monks are a VERY fluid class. If we stick on a target our damage output is insane, we just need time to get this damage out. Yes, that does make us easier to heal through, but that is fine by me.

Just get used to the fluid nature of monks because it is how the class was made (And rightfully so from the archetype)

I currently have no problems in PVP.
Reply Quote
95 Undead Monk
Our damage is NOT low. You guys are confusing burst with damage. Monks are a VERY fluid class. If we stick on a target our damage output is insane, we just need time to get this damage out. Yes, that does make us easier to heal through, but that is fine by me.

Just get used to the fluid nature of monks because it is how the class was made (And rightfully so from the archetype)

I currently have no problems in PVP.

Now that you're done patting yourself on the back, would you care to elaborate on how you accomplish such feats?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I do feel strange during BG's, but for sure, I need to get more PvP gear to see it for myself so I can complain or not.

There is no burst, leather armor feels like cloth against others melee for sure, BUT I see dps monks to be a good class in arenas, maybe not that good in BG's.

I prefer to get the gear, learn how to deal against every class.
Monks are different from all other 10 classes.
For now I'll take a time, try new specs and macros and find a way to win.

But atm, I'm like a panda punch bag LoL.
Reply Quote

There is no burst, leather armor feels like cloth against others melee for sure, BUT I see dps monks to be a good class in arenas, maybe not that good in BG's.

.....lol?

If something isn't good in BGs its not good in the arena.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Now that you're done patting yourself on the back, would you care to elaborate on how you accomplish such feats?

Sorry I was on my phone so wanted to keep typing down. It's not any accomplishment really, it's just understanding how the class plays and learning when to use what ability. We have a lot of infrequently used abilities that really shine in pvp. There are things like Disable, Grapple Weapon, Detox, even path of blossoms has some fun uses.

As you get a feel for the class and keep your gear competitive I think windwalkers preform fine.

Favoite things to do: Disable / SFB root into fists of fury. Roll in jab twice, roll out and spam SFB. Run in a large group expel harm and then touch of karma on healer or flag carrier. Tons of fun things to do just gotta experiment. Also transcendence is #1
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk

I didn't take a screen shot, but I definitely hit 12mill in the wsg. I am top 3 every bg. Maybe you are just bad?
I think the problem is that most of you aren't even max level, and trying to dominate in quest greens

lol i always see at least one post a day about you talking about people not being at max level...almost like that makes you better than them. there a lot of max level monks now and will be a lot more by the end of the week....its time to get over yourself now

"Get over myself?" Good one troll. If you really think lowbies that don't even have all the talents, moves, and have not stepped into more than 1-2 battle grounds should be telling you what is wrong with your class, then have fun being bad.

The fact is, if you aren't max lvl in the same gear lvl as the people you are fighting, you aren't going to do well, period. Monks need tweaks, but they definitely aren't awful.

But yeah, keep trolling and crying, I really care what lvl 70s think
Edited by Mistfallen on 10/3/2012 4:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Orc Warlock
Monks complaining about keeping tiger power up being difficult...

Other classes have much more things they have to keep up to do decent damage as well, it isn't just you and you guys have it easy compared to other classes, imo.
Reply Quote
11 Undead Warlock
Monks complaining about keeping tiger power up being difficult...

Other classes have much more things they have to keep up to do decent damage as well, it isn't just you and you guys have it easy compared to other classes, imo.

You're talking out of your !@#.

Warlocks have nothing that they have to keep up and build up that is comparable in difficulty and inconvenience like tiger palm, neither do any other classes.
Edited by Kane on 10/3/2012 7:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I feel that in 90 pvp we fall off alot. I have found it difficult to hold my own in BGs. I have all of the crafted pvp gear and i know its not AMAZING but others have crafted gear or no pvp gear at all in these bgs right now and its almost insane to see a warlock crit me 80k and i turn to crit him for 45k with RSK. Along with getting fear kited and stunned nonstop we have almost no chance unless we have an amazing pocket healer.

Btw idk why it still says im 89. >.>
Edited by Lookamonk on 10/4/2012 1:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I have found the complete opposite look, I do pretty well in bgs. I also hit rising sun kicks 30-40k more than you.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
I find it very hard to believe that your guys's numbers on RSK are so low -_- Right now with Tigereye Brew and 3x Tiger Palm I'm doing 75k-80k RSK crits, and that number can only go further up with three more levels to go. Even with the addition of resilience and PvP Power I can't imagine critting for 45k with RSK in PvP Gear at level 90.

The incessant !@#$%ing about Monk PvP right now is ridiculous. We're an added-in class that just came out one week ago, so things will change in a matter of weeks.
Reply Quote
11 Undead Warlock
I find it very hard to believe that your guys's numbers on RSK are so low -_- Right now with Tigereye Brew and 3x Tiger Palm I'm doing 75k-80k RSK crits, and that number can only go further up with three more levels to go. Even with the addition of resilience and PvP Power I can't imagine critting for 45k with RSK in PvP Gear at level 90.

The incessant !@#$%ing about Monk PvP right now is ridiculous. We're an added-in class that just came out one week ago, so things will change in a matter of weeks.

Yeah okay, screenshot of you critting someone in pvp gear for even half that amount.

Windwalker damage is complete garbage.
Reply Quote
i just did, i laughed, and then i cried.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Rogue
Worst class in the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]