Mote of Harmony

The drop rate of these thing is just darn right depressing made even more sad and painful that you need them for EVERYTHING.

Through 30+ dailies and few HOURS of grinding on mobs in Dreadwastes for dread amber shards, motes, and black prince rep I ended up with a grand total of TWO spirits of harmony.

My heart yearns for the day when my Tillers rep hits revered so i can at least grow so in my garden.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
They said in the future it may become tradeable
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I really hope they increase the drop of these.

I would like to be able to make things to use while questing, not wait till 90 to finally get some to drop so I can craft a staff to be used at 85. Seems pointless and very frustrating

for example, I'm trying to make Rain Poppy Staff (sorry, don't know how to like item). It just seems like it's impossible to get any spirit of harmony. It could just be my bad luck on drops, I don't know.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I agree, the drop rate is way too rare and it seems as soon as people find a good spot to farm them, it gets nerfed quickly. I'm still waiting on our guild BS to get me 8 SoH to make the tank gloves and it's been a nightmare helping him farm just to be disappointed more often than not.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Well if you take up tillers you can easily get 1.6 spirits a day. Though I agree it would be nice if they made it tradeable.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
trying to craft some gear for my guildies and the only thing I can come up with is..
motes of harmony are blizzard's way of punishing people who don't use bots.

I understand the droprate should not be so common as to make them worthless, but when it takes 10 hours to gather the motes needed to craft 2 pieces of gear it's beyond excessive in rarity.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
Please confirm or deny.

Is it just me or has the drop rate actually been nerfed since Monday?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
Not in one specific area or another I mean all across the board.
I was farming 6 to 7 an hour, now i'm lucky if i get 2 (spirits that is).
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
trying to craft some gear for my guildies and the only thing I can come up with is..

I understand the droprate should not be so common as to make them worthless, but when it takes 10 hours to gather the motes needed to craft 2 pieces of gear it's beyond excessive in rarity.

Exactly how are motes of harmony punishment, at least any worse then Chaos Orbs, Frost Orbs, what ever the orb was in Outland... Would you prefer it if everyone could just make whatever they want making the gear worth less then the mats needed to craft the item?

Normally when people complain about something like this, they only consider how it affects them, without considering the larger picture.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
I take that back, nerfed since yesterday.
anyone else or am I just unlucky?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Exactly how are motes of harmony punishment, at least any worse then Chaos Orbs, Frost Orbs, what ever the orb was in Outland... Would you prefer it if everyone could just make whatever they want making the gear worth less then the mats needed to craft the item?

Normally when people complain about something like this, they only consider how it affects them, without considering the larger picture.

soulbound chaos orbs were MUCH better than this system of harmony. we could run dungeons as a guild and pass the orbs to whoever was crafting gear. this system - quite frankly - is shall I say.. "most undesirable" as it leaves the mat farming entirely on the crafter alone.

I'm a human being, not a farm bot. surely there is a reasonable droprate between next to non-existent and every-other-drop.

Not in one specific area or another I mean all across the board.
I was farming 6 to 7 an hour, now i'm lucky if i get 2 (spirits that is).

about 2 spirits of harmony per hour is what I am getting also. regardless of farm location.
Edited by Lilywind on 10/5/2012 1:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
Thank you
That's what I thought, and people were complaining before, lol.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
my now 88 Dk miner/herber, now has 4 spirits of harmony total. She gets them in kunlai (the motes) quite a lot from kills.

She doesn't need them for anything, while this character does.

Lols.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
I really hope they increase the drop of these.

I would like to be able to make things to use while questing, not wait till 90 to finally get some to drop so I can craft a staff to be used at 85. Seems pointless and very frustrating

for example, I'm trying to make Rain Poppy Staff (sorry, don't know how to like item). It just seems like it's impossible to get any spirit of harmony. It could just be my bad luck on drops, I don't know.

I made that at around 87 or so.

Didn't replace it till last night at 89. Using it for transmog atm.

The thing thats really annoying me is the scroll of wisdom. :/
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 10:38 AMPosted by Boohboohkity
I would like to be able to make things to use while questing, not wait till 90 to finally get some to drop so I can craft a staff to be used at 85
THIS!!! OMG THIS THIS THIS THIS!!!

Thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Im a blacksmith and need some of those motes to craft my gear...
I do have a Priest ALT who is an alchemist and cant use the motes.
My priest however has a much higher drop rate for the motes then my pally

simply because i cant use them...

Its just doesnt make sense. I understand the reasoning behind it, but you punnishing everyone because of a few.

I agree that this system is a horrible solution. At least make them tradeable if your not going to up the drop rate for the people who actually need them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
being our guild blacksmith it sure would be nice to be able to craft gear for guidies, but with the drop rate of these stupid motes of harmony ive been working my lil butt off just trying to get enough motes to craft my own gear, turn it up already
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
The only complaint I have is that they are not account-bound, though I can understand why they aren't.... it's a pain in the !@# for people who play multiple characters and goes against the new account-wide philosophy.

Other complaints are mostly unwarranted. Especially since you can grow almost 2 spirits a day at halfhill.

Having BoP materials makes professions a ton more interesting, and farming actually important.
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 06:03 PMPosted by Steamwhistlë
Other complaints are mostly unwarranted. Especially since you can grow almost 2 spirits a day at halfhill.
not before you outlevel the gear you are trying to make with them...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]