Balance gets biggest crit as CATFORM wtf?

90 Troll Druid
so i went catform and clicked heart of the wild and got a 182k crit on ferocious bite on a dummy in ogrimar, i cant even come close to that with starsurge.

This is in caster gear btw... mangle crits for 55k and rake ticks non crit for 16k so initial hit and 16k x 5 rake is like 95k dmg

-.- thats cool and all but somethings wrong here...
Edited by Zmora on 9/28/2012 5:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I just did the same thing for giggles and yea i got a 166k... du hell
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
It's the same if you're feral... you can use HOTW and get ridiculous numbers on wrath.
This is because their design intent is for HOTW to offer competitive dps in the other "spec" for 45s or whatever it is... yet we don't have all the spells/abilities of our offspecs anymore.

So the only way to achieve that is to make stuff Kittywrath and Chickenbite hit for absurdly high numbers such that it's comparable to a Boomkin keeping up all dots + procs + wrath... or a Feral keeping up all dots + SR + shredding
Edited by Paulbathehut on 9/28/2012 8:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Yeah I'm feral and my ferocious bite hits for high 30ks if I'm luck maybe a 45-50 here and there. Kind of frustrated with my feral damage atm. I hope they work it out.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HOTW is a burst CD for moonkin
...and AOE button

My god, Hurricane is trash. When we did the "Cleaning Up" achievement, I was considering going Resto because HOTW dps is godly in comparison. (And yay, we got the achv at <1sec on the buff)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HOTW makes you better at the other specs than the other specs themselves. I mean sure, in theory that's because you don't have access to all the fancy spells you would if you were that spec in the first place, but that doesn't matter when you can outdps everyone as a guardian druid by spamming wrath.

It is truely godlike on Resto Druids with the talent that gives 50% haste for a spell after swiftmend though. Rejuv, Swiftmend, HotW, Hurricane the trash. Soooo much fun just trouncing all the dps and the tank on the meters by almost double.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
HOTW is a burst CD for moonkin
...and AOE button

how does this help moonkin damage?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
NND
so i went catform and clicked heart of the wild and got a 182k crit on ferocious bite on a dummy in ogrimar, i cant even come close to that with starsurge.

This is in caster gear btw... mangle crits for 55k and rake ticks non crit for 16k so initial hit and 16k x 5 rake is like 95k dmg

-.- thats cool and all but somethings wrong here...

I've gotten 220k Starsurge with CDs up, and my gear is nothing special. HotW is great and all, but you'll be able to Starsurge more frequently than 5 CP Bite.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
HOTW makes you better at the other specs than the other specs themselves. I mean sure, in theory that's because you don't have access to all the fancy spells you would if you were that spec in the first place, but that doesn't matter when you can outdps everyone as a guardian druid by spamming wrath.

It is truely godlike on Resto Druids with the talent that gives 50% haste for a spell after swiftmend though. Rejuv, Swiftmend, HotW, Hurricane the trash. Soooo much fun just trouncing all the dps and the tank on the meters by almost double.

I'm not defending HOTW because I think it's a stupid mechanic to begin with, but making the 1 or 2 spells left hit ridiculously hard is the only way they could accomplish their design intent.
It's not surprising that you can use gimmicks like Resto SOTF to abuse it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]