Maybe this is a bit inappropriate, but...

90 Pandaren Monk
I just... I think partially why I am enjoying this expansion is because I can relate to it... With all the meditation and spiritual-ness, (heck, I have a friend who can do the death touch.) The monk class just speaks to me.

I guess I'm just weird like that. :3
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Death Knight
Not really.

Having things that speak to us on a more personal level tends to arouse interest.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
You will have to explain this 'death touch' thing.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
09/28/2012 11:38 PMPosted by Baenhoof

Vulcan Nerve Pinch, but lethal.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
Where is my skeptical fry jpg
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
09/28/2012 11:38 PMPosted by Baenhoof

Well, he hadn't perfected it yet, but the guy sure was rolling on the floor in agony. o.o
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
09/28/2012 11:43 PMPosted by Meiyue

Well, he hadn't perfected it yet, but the guy sure was rolling on the floor in agony. o.o

Pressure points can be nasty. My friend's dad, who lives in Thailand now, knew pressure points and he could grab your arm with both hands just right...and BAM, loss of bowel control.
Reply Quote
gross
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
So wait.
Your friend knowingly attempted a lethal action on someone else and you're posting to the forums about it? I'm pretty sure intent to kill is an ille

Okay no I can't take myself seriously.
I had that one friend who liked to mess around with people's pressure points in highschool. I have an uncle who does it, too. Not so much fun as a 'grow up and help me get this roast out onto the table please, grandma is giving you funny looks.'
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I lol'd.

I really gotta teach myself about these pressure points and such. Sounds like good defense.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
I lol'd.

I really gotta teach myself about these pressure points and such. Sounds like good defense.

It's not, really, unless you train to be quick and accurate enough to hit them. Much easier to just learn a martial form, and even then that's a lot of effort.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Dim Mak AKA Touch of Death has never been proven to actually work and is mostly legend, but pressure point manipulation is legitimate.

Also, I am Taoist and a martial artist so this expansion is awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm a huge sinophile, chinese language nerd, and general chinese history junkie, so this expansion works well for me as well. I love chinese fantasy, and this expansion really hits it well from an art style and flavor. I can't say the same for the lore, but I didn't ever expect it to.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
I really enjoy the monk class because it's a very aggressive combat class, much like warrior. I enjoy playing aggressive combat classes.

I love all the punching and stabbing. So, it speaks to me on a very personal level.
Reply Quote
30 Pandaren Shaman
Death touch, aka dim mak. Yeah, it's a myth. It doesn't work. Chi has been more or less proven in several experiments (or at least, the ability to influence the body with the mind has been proven, whether it was Chi or not is a subject of debate), but the dim mak has no medical background to be even remotely real. Apart from there being no medical evidence, there is also no historic evidence for it.

Pressure points, yes, that's how parts of traditional Chinese medicine works.
Reply Quote
92 Gnome Warlock
Shame on you Jorn, you made me have to learn today!

Sinophilia/Sinophile is an actual term... WHO KNEW?!?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Death touch, aka dim mak. Yeah, it's a myth. It doesn't work. Chi has been more or less proven in several experiments (or at least, the ability to influence the body with the mind has been proven, whether it was Chi or not is a subject of debate), but the dim mak has no medical background to be even remotely real. Apart from there being no medical evidence, there is also no historic evidence for it.

Pressure points, yes, that's how parts of traditional Chinese medicine works.

Man you and I need to sit down in an argument sometime because your notions on Chinese history are pretty heavily Japanese biased, as shown in that last thread when you basically stated that Japan had always been historically dominant and China just used numbers to always win, which is a gross misunderstanding of the several different dynasty periods and their transitions.

Also to say qi is real is like saying ghosts are real. Seriously, do not spread this as something scientifically proven when it not. The manipulation of the body with mind is something well documented before and has been shown time and time again, it isn't qi doing it, it is just how our bodies work and how our minds can influence them.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I've never been too into Asian culture, so I can't relate to it that well. That being said, the content, graphics, and (a fair bit) of the story is pretty good, so I'm enjoying it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/29/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Ferenold
I've never been too into Asian culture, so I can't relate to it that well. That being said, the content, graphics, and (a fair bit) of the story is pretty good, so I'm enjoying it.

That's what you get for being an anglophile.

I'm making sweeping assumptions of what you're obsessed about, bear with me.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
09/29/2012 11:15 AMPosted by Jorn

That's what you get for being an anglophile.

I'm making sweeping assumptions of what you're obsessed about, bear with me.

It was a pretty accurate assumption.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]