Why am I always DPS?

61 Pandaren Monk
I've been doing a lot of dungeons to level, currently level 50.

I'm a Mistweaver, and I queue as both Healer and DPS.

Out of the 30 or so dungeons I have done, I've only been selected as the healer twice.

Probably not just monk-based, but any idea why this is?

Note that I still do amazing damage as this spec... I usually top the damage meter and the healing meter.
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Monk
The dungeon finder is just trying to compile five people into a group as soon as possible. So the odds are they will be putting you into a group as DPS to fill the gaps the vast majority of the time.

When you queue don't select DPS as a role if you want to heal, and vise versa if you want to DPS or Tank.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
In somewhat of an unusual twist, there are more tanks and healers than DPS in classic. Or at very least, a smaller ratio of DPS to tanks and healers.

At 30, I queued as tank and it took 10 minutes. Queued as DPS for my next one and it was instant.
Reply Quote
61 Pandaren Monk
The dungeon finder is just trying to compile five people into a group as soon as possible. So the odds are they will be putting you into a group as DPS to fill the gaps the vast majority of the time.

When you queue don't select DPS as a role if you want to heal, and vise versa if you want to DPS or Tank.

Well I'm fine with DPSing since I pretty much do both roles at the same time.

I just thought it was odd, but yes, apparently there are a lot more people trying to tank and heal than DPS in old dungeons.
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Monk
I would guess it's more likely that dedicated tanks and healers would re-roll. They're already masochists and control freaks so leveling is relatively painless compared to the scorn they receive on a wipe or a death. By comparison the annoyance of leveling is nothing.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Monk
Yeah ive noticed on a few occasions, that the queue is waiting for a dps spot to be filled before the team is competed.
Reply Quote
09/29/2012 12:35 AMPosted by Atrindel
I would guess it's more likely that dedicated tanks and healers would re-roll. They're already masochists and control freaks so leveling is relatively painless compared to the scorn they receive on a wipe or a death. By comparison the annoyance of leveling is nothing.

I think it's more less due to the amount of people thrilled with Brewmaster and Mistweaver.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]