A consolidated and formal address to WW PvP

90 Blood Elf Monk
Disable isn't the end to all problems and solution to all. What id you don't have it up on a target? Getting it on a kiting target is near impossible.

I use it a lot. I use it to lock people down to get some damage off. Even while I have them locked, I can't compete with damage.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/01/2012 09:44 PMPosted by Mistfallen
Half of you guys aren't even 90 yet, please level up before you dissect the class.

It has nothing to do with levels. I was in the beta, I had a 90 Monk. I posted frequently in the beta section - it didn't matter. Many of the same complaints and criticisms I see after launch, for ALL specs, are the same ones harped about constantly by players during beta. The devs have made it clear they want to avoid the DK problem right when Wrath launched. That's fine, but they never said they didn't want feedback. Many of us are expecting changes - it's a new class and it will go through several iterations before the expansion closes, just like DK's did. Some of this will be from feedback, some of it will be from their observations and how they want the class to proceed.

Look, no one is going to seriously argue the class is broken. It's quite functional. It's just not polished as well as it should be. The class has a ton of potential, and can be fun to play. It's why I'm leveling one even though I know what it is like currently. I've been playing for a very long time, and I've played specs when they were crap and when they were good. As long as it's fun, I still play.

But if I don't speak up about what I like and don't like, if I don't help improve the game, I'm only shooting myself in the foot. Maybe the devs will agree, maybe they won't. But they won't take anything under consideration if players don't speak up in the first place.

And there will always be exceptional players who make the best of things. Maybe you're one of those players, and if so, grats. Many others are not, and they'll give up and go pick another class that is more polished, which means less players speaking up, and less feedback will be offered to make the class better.

That's not a good thing, and sweeping things under the rug because a few players think things are fine personally only hurts the class in the long run. Speak up now while it's early, so that things don't have to wait until after the expansion, years down the road, before they get looked at seriously.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
ok so definatly using tiger palm in a pvp scenario is extremly unrealistic right now
and without it our damage seems really underpar//
by the time i get maybe 2 hits of tiger palm the guy has run off got range on me and ...it wears off beofre i can even get in to take one more shot not to mention use other real damage kicks.

im not sure whats the right solution here
my guess would be make the debuff last longer like 40 sec or more
or let us just have to use it once for the whole stack

also the surviablity tier of talents for monks seems only worthy if u have speell power...
which kinda makes it usless to Bm and ww, wouldent it be better being as %hp heal/recovery
than something that scales of spell power as its a common talent for all specs and the others dont have any kinda of spell conversion
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
It's not hard to disable twice to root and cast fof
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Some good suggestions and voicing of concerns without a bunch of useless complaining, how nice! I'm nowhere near 90 so I dont have anything to add until I get to try the whole stable of abilities together, but I will vote for my most and least favorite.

Favorite suggestion: 15% passive runspeed. Just seems right.
Least: FSK requiring a target. (that would absolutely ruin that ability. the glyph is enough)
Reply Quote
86 Human Monk
Unfortunately I don't see the kind of substantial mechanic change required coming until the next xpac or a giant content patch... the band-aid solution is to just increase burst.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Spinning fire blossom or disable root and then do fists of fury, the skill is borderline overpowered when you do this with the 2 set. I actually think ww monks are in a good place despite what I thought in beta. It really takes getting used to. Also I really hope fists of fury remains standing still , it's awesome flavor and justifies the damage and utility
Edited by Brewmook on 10/3/2012 10:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Undead Rogue
10/03/2012 10:41 AMPosted by Brewmook
Spinning fire blossom or disable root and then do fists of fury, the skill is borderline overpowered when you do this with the 2 set. I actually think ww monks are in a good place despite what I thought in beta. It really takes getting used to. Also I really hope fists of fury remains standing still , it's awesome flavor and justifies the damage and utility

Damage and utility? Any other class can do the full damage of FoF in one attack, and then continue moving and attacking. Any other class has stuns/cc as well.
Reply Quote
11 Undead Warlock
10/02/2012 02:16 PMPosted by Iïlïlïlïl
It's not hard to disable twice to root and cast fof

Yeah dude that'll solve everything.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]