Virginia Players

87 Blood Elf Mage
I know I'm not the only one.

Where y'all at?

Williamsburg here.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
I'm Anamaleth. Too lazy to log other account.

Fredericksburg Area.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
RVA.

The city that PBR and cheap cigarettes built.
Edited by Morwen on 9/29/2012 4:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hampton!
Reply Quote
83 Worgen Rogue
Sterling, VA here.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I read this as somthing TOTALLY diffirent.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Sterling!

Was SUPPOSED to have a meetup with Gruph, Ana, Kenny, and Elesabeth... *taps foot* Still waiting for that redo! But it might be because of that dropped meetup that I'm still here and not in Cali. Hm...
Edited by Salleypoe on 9/29/2012 4:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Mage
09/29/2012 03:58 PMPosted by Arasinyå
Fredericksburg Area.

Up north, huh?

09/29/2012 04:01 PMPosted by Morwen
RVA.

09/29/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Delaynee
Hampton!

Y'all are only 45 minutes away, huh?

...Well, that's assuming 64 decides to not be broken/jammed... There's a reason I always take Route 5 when I'm heading up to the Richmond area lol.

09/29/2012 04:07 PMPosted by Tronei
Sterling, VA here.

Waaaay up north!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Y'all are only 45 minutes away, huh?

...Well, that's assuming 64 decides to not be broken/jammed... There's a reason I always take Route 5 when I'm heading up to the Richmond area lol.

You know, assuming VDOT doesn't close the JRB and the HRBT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
VDOT does as VDOT pleases. Got to love those massive (4-5 inches up from the road surface) steel plates on the 64. Hit one of those at 65 MPH in a sports car. That's special.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
VDOT thought it would be brilliant to close 2 of the 3 ways to get across the water on a weekend with a gigantic air show, as well as a county fair that people come from across the country to visit.

This resulted in 6-8 hour backups on the ONE way to get to south-side. It was a whole new level of special.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Mage
09/29/2012 04:30 PMPosted by Morwen
VDOT does as VDOT pleases. Got to love those massive (4-5 inches up from the road surface) steel plates on the 64. Hit one of those at 65 MPH in a sports car. That's special.

You should see the intersections in Williamsburg.

You know how it's illegal to cross a solid white line in Virginia?

There's intersections where everything is blocked by solid white lines. Gotta cross 'em to go anywhere but straight.

And that's the least dangerous piece of brilliant design that's commonplace around here.

VDOT thought it would be brilliant to close 2 of the 3 ways to get across the water on a weekend with a gigantic air show, as well as a county fair that people come from across the country to visit.

This resulted in 6-8 hour backups on the ONE way to get to south-side. It was a whole new level of special.

I'm truly sorry. 64 and the HRBT are bad enough on a good day. Although on the plus side there's the ships to watch, and if you're lucky, the docks where the Night Stalkers and Navy SEALs sometimes play do face the bridge...
Edited by Talothas on 9/29/2012 4:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Where I come from, there is no gas tax, no property tax on vehicles, and no annual inspections.

What does VDOT do with all their money?

Bet it resembles confectioner's sugar.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Do not go anywhere when it snows... really, just stock up on alcohol and play either the SnowPlow stuck drinking game, or the Car Pile Up game on the slick roads.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Blacksburg for college, but I'm from Norfolk.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Mage
09/29/2012 04:51 PMPosted by Liupeng
Blacksburg for college, but I'm from Norfolk.

Going to VT?

It's pretty out there. At least, from what I've seen. The Blue Ridge may not be much in the way of mountains, but they sure are pretty anyways.

09/29/2012 04:47 PMPosted by Delaynee
Do not go anywhere when it snows... really, just stock up on alcohol and play either the SnowPlow stuck drinking game, or the Car Pile Up game on the slick roads.

I'm from Colorado originally. It took a foot to two feet of snow to close school there. Here, a light dusting sends people into a panic. It's almost funny.

What does VDOT do with all their money?

Bet it resembles confectioner's sugar.

Probably.

that and to workers who sit around chillin'. I don't know if you're at all familiar with the Williamsburg area, but they've been trying to expand Monticello and Ironbound Roads (two major roads) lately... As in, for the past two years. They finished the expanded intersection last year, and since then they've managed to get pavement down widening the other roads... And that's it.

It doesn't take two years to widen a road. How do I know? Because they've done it other places in six months to a year.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
I went down to Richmond a few days ago for my sons doctors appt. Came back with a dented in back light and a parking ticket.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Yeah, VT. Not sure why anyone would be there if not for the college, Blacksburg is in the middle of nowhere.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I have friends that used to live in Virginia. Does that count?
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Mage
09/29/2012 04:59 PMPosted by Liupeng
Yeah, VT. Not sure why anyone would be there if not for the college, Blacksburg is in the middle of nowhere.

Yeah... For the most part it seems pretty rural out there. The college I was looking at for awhile, Hampden-Sydney, was like that. Out in the middle of nowhere, near Farmville. Pretty sure there was a Kroger, a gas station, a water tower, some houses, and the college, and that was it.

09/29/2012 04:56 PMPosted by Arasinyå
I went down to Richmond a few days ago for my sons doctors appt. Came back with a dented in back light and a parking ticket.

Parking in Richmond is ridiculous.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]