How are Orc Warlocks treated?

In Garrosh's Horde, we have seen massive numbers of Warlocks, at least from an Alliance perspective. Most notably is Gar'tul (Or whatever his name is.), who apparently leads the Horde fleet in the southern Jade Forest.

This has provoked a question: How are Orc Warlocks treated in Garrosh's Horde? I personally thought Garrosh hated Warlocks, but it seems that he LOVES them now, what with all Warlocks running around, when they're supposed to be all hidden and shunned.
Reply Quote
I can't imagine they're widely respected in cities, but now I think they'd at the very least be tolerated, especially by the younger generation of orcs. I'd imagine the older generation that had been through demonic corruption would openly shun them, though.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Warlocks are fully accepted by the orcish military, and in several cases, such as the general in Jade Forest and Orux Thrice-Damned, even command troops.
Reply Quote
Heck, a Forsaken Warlock was the commander of the detachment of Forsaken troops that joined up with the orcs in Jade Forest. Warlocks are everywhere in command positions these days apparently.
Reply Quote
09/29/2012 10:14 PMPosted by Vesran
Heck, a Forsaken Warlock was the commander of the detachment of Forsaken troops that joined up with the orcs in Jade Forest. Warlocks are everywhere in command positions these days apparently.

I blame Wilfred Fizzlebang back in the Trial of the Crusader raid. If it wasn't for him and his mishap with the Eredar Lord of the Trifling Gnomes, Varian and Garrosh wouldn't realize their awesome potential power and try to stick them everywhere they could in their militaries (even moreso with Garrosh).
Edited by Briswald on 9/29/2012 10:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
We are the Horde.
Reply Quote
85 Pandaren Rogue
It is to my understanding that Garrosh sees all Warlocks as powerful assets to be used against their enemies.

Which is exactly what he was against in Ashenvale, but heeeey.

All kind of politicians seem to be flip flopping these days. Virtual or otherwise.
Reply Quote
I wouldn't really say Garrosh is a politician.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
No, not all kinds. The ones that do generally fall into the category of warmongers and/or beings of questionable intelligence.
Edited by Ironholde on 9/30/2012 1:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
09/30/2012 12:14 AMPosted by Branshei
Which is exactly what he was against in Ashenvale, but heeeey.

No, not really. That's a common misconception regarding the Draaka quest chain. Garrosh was admittedly leery of warlocks (at the time) but what really blew his stack was that he was deus-ex'd into magically knowing that one of his officers was being manipulated by a free-willed demon.

If Garrosh really just hated fel corruption so much that he'd be willing to put bounties on the heads of anyone who involved themselves with the stuff, he wouldn't have had Orux Thrice-Cursed leading a Horde army in the exact same zone.
Edited by Kurze on 9/30/2012 1:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
"He who harbors evil in one's army, also harbors it in one's heart."

Meditate on this.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
"He who harbors evil in one's army, also harbors it in one's heart."Meditate on this.

Better to have the bad guy inside your tent then outside throwing rocks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]