For all the WW concerns about PvP....

90 Pandaren Monk
You are mostly all correct.

They are underpowered right now.

We have been trying to tell the devs this for months on beta, and they have given no response there or here.

This is a class that you will have to stick with for the long haul because I believe we will get a buff so we can be at least competitive, but its not going to be for awhile.

Why? Nobody know because the devs absolutely refuse to comment on the monk. I once asked several questions on twitter and all they said was: these answers take more than 120 characters to answer. So they just refuse to answer the questions.

Stay calm, and FoF on.
Reply Quote
It really shouldn't be a surprise. After the whole DK thing, the devs won't listen to any criticisms based on theories or tiny samples. They even specifically said that one of the biggest mistakes they made in regards to the DK was listening to the player bases cries of being underpowered. That resulted in a massively OP class. This was said in reference to things they learned from making DK's that will help with the monk.

I wouldn't expect a buff to WW until Arena season is a few weeks deep and they can see actual numbers.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Im glad if they are a bit underpowered right out of the box. People that play monks will do so for no other reason than it's fun to play a monk. I'd rather get buffs than nerfs. By the time people have played them long enough to be hyper competetive in arena, (aside from the fast learner multi-class glads), they will probably be brought up to par if they are still lacking, and if not they are still fun.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I wouldnt be suprised to learn the thinking behind introducing monk damage dealers into pvp, is to start low. seems easier and less distruptive to slowly buff the class, vs starting high and then having to make nerfs. starting them off low, also avoids creating a massive tidal wave of complaints against them from all the other classes.

that being said, i dont expect the strong monk pvp spec to be damage dealing. i think thats going to end up being mistweaver.
Reply Quote
Chances are it'll be a start low and buff up ordeal.

Like stated before by a fellow poster, they are afraid to recreate the Death Knight incident, but even then that doesn't fully excuse the ignoring of masses. While people may be wrong even if in majority sometimes, they should not just shut all communications on the matter like this.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The irony of this situation is, blood DK is arguably the most OP class/spec combo in the game right now along with mage; so i guess DKs get to be overpowered twice at the launch of a new class.
Reply Quote
75 Orc Monk
It's better to be underpowered now than OP right out of the gate like DKs were. It weeds out the FOTMers and eventually Blizz will realize and adjust accordingly...(i hope).
Edited by Kanzentai on 9/30/2012 5:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Do people really have faith in buffs?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I have faith in the buffs.

I think that the devs have egos like everyone else and don't like to see themselves get proved wrong by the community when they have had "so much experience" in handling these issues.

I think we'll see some buffs pretty soon. Just wait until a week or so after arenas launch and you'll see....
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I am starting to tear up random bgs pretty hard. We have insane aoe on flag maps, and single target isn't too bad. Can sweeping kick+silence+fof a healer to death sometimes.. haha
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Mages are no longer op. i faceroll mages as pretty much any class now. it depends on how skilled they are. theres one on my server that just anihilates people in duels all day, i've yet to beat him. though in bgs i @@@@*#!! the living **** out of most mages. you guys cant really complain though, mist-weavers are more op then resto droods atm. brewmaster can be pretty devastating from what i've seen. keep in mind your class is new, none of you have mastered it yet. when i first played wow, i got good by re rolling hunters, locks, and all the other classes i like over, and over again. mages used to give me a hard time till i figured out tactics around them. the easiest way is to gank them before they gank you. get right up behind them when they arent looking, and the cc/interup/scilence them to death. as i understand you have an interupt and a scilence. or at least on my lock i usually end up getting scilenced or interrupted by you guys.
Keep in mind you're melee, ranged will always have the upper hand vs any melee class.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Mages are no longer op. i faceroll mages as pretty much any class now. it depends on how skilled they are. theres one on my server that just anihilates people in duels all day, i've yet to beat him. though in bgs i @@@@*#!! the living **** out of most mages. you guys cant really complain though, mist-weavers are more op then resto droods atm. brewmaster can be pretty devastating from what i've seen. keep in mind your class is new, none of you have mastered it yet. when i first played wow, i got good by re rolling hunters, locks, and all the other classes i like over, and over again. mages used to give me a hard time till i figured out tactics around them. the easiest way is to gank them before they gank you. get right up behind them when they arent looking, and the cc/interup/scilence them to death. as i understand you have an interupt and a scilence. or at least on my lock i usually end up getting scilenced or interrupted by you guys.
Keep in mind you're melee, ranged will always have the upper hand vs any melee class.

wut
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
shadow priests are the most op class now, followed by warrior/locks/hunters/mages
Reply Quote
94 Draenei Monk
I wouldnt be suprised to learn the thinking behind introducing monk damage dealers into pvp, is to start low. seems easier and less distruptive to slowly buff the class, vs starting high and then having to make nerfs. starting them off low, also avoids creating a massive tidal wave of complaints against them from all the other classes.

that being said, i dont expect the strong monk pvp spec to be damage dealing. i think thats going to end up being mistweaver.

I seriously hope not, we have shaman and priest and paladin healers, dunno about druids now. I'd like to see WW be able to pvp if we had to pick one, though both should be fine (Im sure BrM will be annoying as a flag carrier at times)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Well as far as I get it the power of MW monk in PvP is their ability to deal damage to support their teamate on a offencive move to go for a kill (like disc priest), but infortunatly it require them to go in melle wich is kinda a bad idea for a healer vs most comp.

Anyway why would anyone be something else then Rdruid or a Hpal as a PvP healer ? I'm glad my bro is a Hpal they just rock hehe.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/01/2012 03:11 PMPosted by Mistfallen
I am starting to tear up random bgs pretty hard. We have insane aoe on flag maps, and single target isn't too bad. Can sweeping kick+silence+fof a healer to death sometimes.. haha

Yes, aoe dmg is strong. But single target damage is severely lacking right now. I think this is going to become extremely evident with arenas starting tomorrow.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LOL a HUNTER said a mage wasnt op...

Because currently Priest, Mages and Hunters are the top 3 OP FotM classes currently.

This is like, the ONE REASON that I am OK with monks being so underpowered right now - I don't like FotM people.

But, I suppose people could level that claim toward me for rolling a monk as my main...I guess time will ultimately show.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
We got screwed man, the monk is the worst pvp class I have ever played, and I personally have 80+ of every class now. It will take a significant buff for the monks to be on par with any other class, they are even behind a rogue at this point which is sad.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]