Need Blizzard to fix GM glitch w' experience

90 Worgen Hunter
Twinks can manually turn off their experience. It's easy to do.
Reply Quote
33 Blood Elf Paladin
10/01/2012 04:49 AMPosted by Bitterhope
You can always queue for dungeons and "catch up" with experience that way. Never saw anyone with experience accidentally turned off before.

I would, except I usually play in half hour to forty minute increments, and the ques are about 45 minutes long. I've run one dungeon -- it was fun, but getting in is going to be difficult.

Are there any dungeons that take more than that? I'm typically in queue 10-14 minutes and dungeons can take 20-30 minutes. I have never had a 45 min queue at any level.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Kerios -- archeology is a wonderful idea.

I actually got enough time for two dungeon runs as well and one I could not finish.

When a dps has to drop it does not hurt feelings like when the tank is lost.

Now, if I can bum a ride from someone with flying I can do the turn ins too

But I had not thought of the digging. I need to level that anyway

Thanks to everyone.

Also realized I can run battlegrounds. Not as much fun low level, but what the heck.

I will try a mix tonight. Too bad the cooking ran up against the level wall as did the farming.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Well ... Time for response suddenly became a day longer. Used up the dailies and realized that I am tired of brewfest.

Used up cooking, used up all my rested experience and ran both dungeons by getting up at 5:00 a.m.

I never realized just how painful grinding could be.

Or how slow. Painfully slow.

Wish they could just give me some fragments I could solve for experience. Panda dig sites result in commons that take twice as many fragments or more.
Edited by Bitterhope on 10/3/2012 8:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Why don't you just run random dungeons until you get to 86? Find a tank or healer you can party up with to make queues faster.
Reply Quote
61 Worgen Priest
10/03/2012 08:03 AMPosted by Bitterhope
Well ... Time for response suddenly became a day longer. Used up the dailies and realized that I am tired of brewfest.

You do realize that GM's can not award you experience? Even if they turned it off by mistake. Also like someone else posted on this thread about the same thing happening to them. All they were able to do was give them game time credit.
Logged a ticket, and 4 days later I get a response from the GM saying my xp had been disabled by the previous GM by mistake. By this point I had finished all the entry level quests. So I had to farm mobs and run dungeons for a full level while my guild mates breezed through to 90.

You will have to just grind it out. I know that sucks. :(
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
In the end, the others are right.. that XP can not be just added by a GM.. they dont have the tools to do so. Did the GM make a mistake? Quite possibly.

The best that can be done, is to ticket it again, try and escalate it. See if they can pass it onto the devs, they devs MAY be able to do it from the back end.

That being said, EVEN if this can be done for the OP by the devs.. it will take time.. devs are insanely busy.. and might be able to grind out the XP before they devs can add it :(

Rule of thumb to everyone.. when leveling, always ocassionaly check to make sure your getting XP :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
On the rule of thumb -- do not assume it is a UI glitch and do not assume that the rested experience macro is accurate ...

On the other hand, I finally got around to visiting the part of Org where exp is turned on and off. I would never have gone there but for this. I have also done a lot of exploring for experience.

Guess I will find out what they can do.

I have always had good experiences in the past with GMs.

It just seems like they ought to be able to do something.

I am not a big fan of getting up at 5:00 am to cue up long enough to do random runs.

I know some tanks, but they tend to play at times my wife expects us to be a family -- and I have to admit I like my family more than WoW.

Still, the general advice has been good.

Also good to know it is not a common experience. Which means (a) it is a rare accident, but (b) one not worth much in the way of effort to fix.

If they do not have a tool, one is not likely to arrive.

I know they can flip achievements on and they can send you loot drops -- I have had both done.

Wonder if they can give me some panda archeology fragments I can solve for xp?

Trying to stretch for possible work arounds.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
If I was not overdosed on brewfest, that would carry me through, doing those dailies. I now hate riding rams.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/03/2012 09:17 AMPosted by Bitterhope
I know they can flip achievements on and they can send you loot drops -- I have had both done.

Actualy, achivement wise.. they can do verry little.. its only in the rarest of cases.

Now.. depending on how the achivement procs.. procs on death of X.. they could kill x for you, and get it that way.

But their hands are pretty much tied, that they cant grant achivements, this has been stated many times.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/03/2012 09:20 AMPosted by Bitterhope
If I was not overdosed on brewfest, that would carry me through, doing those dailies. I now hate riding rams.
People leveled just fine from 85-86 running just instances. It doesn't take long. Why aren't you doing that?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/03/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Moojerk
People leveled just fine from 85-86 running just instances. It doesn't take long. Why aren't you doing that?

I did 2 in one night.. (well 2 and 1 boss, instance bugged), and got about 1/4 of a level from it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
On achievements I was part of a group who lost a kill due to an exploit and a GM fixed it. I was impressed (it was not my ticket).

Did not realize that was rare, not to mention it would not solve the problem. That said, I want to earn my own. Otherwise, hope to have news tomorrow morning.

Maybe run an alt while rested xp accumulates and do some more archeology when that has procc'd.

Too bad I can not play WoW from a smart phone while at lunch. ;)
Edited by Bitterhope on 10/3/2012 10:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Well, time to response just got longer again. :)

However, by doing dailies and archeology and having my wife have an activity come up and being able to run some dungeons, I just dinged 86. Now I'm looking for the breadcrumbs I departed from before.

Back to questing. I'm really enjoying the quests, for what it is worth.

I'll let you know what happens when I hear from a GM, but I basically ground out a level with dailies and archeology and a dungeon run or two.

And a lot of rested experience!
Edited by Bitterhope on 10/3/2012 6:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
The response time was longer this morning than last night.

Realized I am not going to hit the level requirement for brewfest in time as the result of this GM created issue. I am getting less hopeful of any resolution that will make any rational sense.

It does seem that if they cause it they should be able to fix it. /sigh.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
The response time was longer this morning than last night.

Realized I am not going to hit the level requirement for brewfest in time as the result of this GM created issue. I am getting less hopeful of any resolution that will make any rational sense.

It does seem that if they cause it they should be able to fix it. /sigh.

While yes, in essence.. not so easy in practice.

The XP on/off, is relatively easy for a GM to do.. its a tool they have and can change it.

Just add X amount of XP to someone.. is not something a gm has a tool for.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
It's highly doubtful they'll be able to restore any experience, Bitterhope. That's just not something we'd be able to track.

I do apologize if this issue was created by us. There are certain situations where a Game Master must 'borrow' a character to complete a procedure when certain issues come up. While this should NOT happen, it sometimes can.

I understand you didn't notice this immediately, and again, I am terribly sorry this happened.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Ah well. Survived, back to questing. Lesson learned for the future. I will kill direbrew next year it seems.

Peace -- and war. ;)

Now that it is confirmed that nothing can be done, I will delete my bookmark. Appreciate the closure. At least I got the achievement for finishing the zone's quests.

Best wishes everyone.
Edited by Bitterhope on 10/4/2012 9:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]