Heart of Wild negate agility gear for tank?

90 Tauren Druid
So heart of the wild lasts for 45 seconds and boosts agility amongst other stats 5%.

All of the online "research" I have done says that agility is the most important stat for bear tanks because compared to most tanks, they don't have special abilities boosting dodge, but have a lot of HP, so agility should be emphasized.

However, does mark of the wild negative agility emphasis through gear, a bit? Obviously not hugely, but wondering if anyone thinks it does somewhat.

Also of course, what should be kept in mind as well is that heart of wild has a nice long 6 min cooldown, which could be problematic during a raid boss.
Reply Quote
The bonus granted by heart of the wild is a passive, it is active 100% of the time.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
lol whaaaaa? I have to click it to activate. Don't think its passive, doesnt say PASSIVE underneath the skill in my spellbook. Wish it was though
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This post is very confusing. First of all, what does the Title "Heart of Wild negate agility gear for tank?" exactly mean? What question are you trying to ask?

Second, I think you're confused about the talent... The talent will give you a passive 6% bonus to Stamina, Agility, and Intellect. Besides the passive, there's an on-use 6minute cooldown that you can activate which will make you more of a hybrid class for 45 seconds.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
HOTW is a six min CD. Not a passive. Further more HOTW needs to be changed to actually benefit skills of the said spec the player is in, NOT skills out side of their spec. It's utterly useless.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/01/2012 01:06 AMPosted by Heavycreamer
HOTW is a six min CD. Not a passive. Further more HOTW needs to be changed to actually benefit skills of the said spec the player is in, NOT skills out side of their spec. It's utterly useless.

I think you just completely ignored what I said in my post. But here's a quote from the actual ability: Increases Stamina, Agility, and Intellect by 6% at all times.
I also don't think you realize what the ability is supposed to accomplish. It makes you more versatile for bad situations. Say your healer dies, you can pop that and become a fairly decent healer for 45 seconds. Say the tank dies, you can pop that and be a decent tank for 45 seconds. You can also pop it for ranged DPS if you can't melee your target... So saying that it's "utterly useless" is very much your own opinion, but I'm there are many who would disagree.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
"Increases Stamina, Agility, and Intellect by 6% at ALL TIMES "

K. Not passive.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
It's not exactly my cup of tea, but I can at least see where it's useful. I would honestly take it just for the 6% boost. Well if I had the ability to read the skill before complaining that is.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

K. Not passive.

What don't people understand about passive.. If it constantly adds the 6% bonus without having to be used, then its passive. Hell, with a lot of abilities like this you lose the passive effect when the ability is used and it's on cooldown, but this one just gives it to you all the time. There's not way it's not passive.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/01/2012 01:18 AMPosted by Tokiwa
It's not exactly my cup of tea

Furthermore, who says "not my cup of tea" what is this, a pansy book club meeting?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
10/01/2012 02:45 AMPosted by Barthar
What don't people understand about passive.. If it constantly adds the 6% bonus without having to be used, then its passive.

It has an active part, which is the on use effect... and a passive part, which is the stat boots. The passive part is active at all times even when you activate the on use function of the talent.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
It has an active part, which is the on use effect... and a passive part, which is the stat boots. The passive part is active at all times even when you activate the on use function of the talent.

That's literally exactly what I said.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
10/01/2012 02:57 AMPosted by Barthar
That's literally exactly what I said.

So what exactly then are you getting at? Gear still matters as it adds the 6% stat boost at all times, which means as you get more agility it is stronger. As the 6% scales.

The on use effect still takes this boost into consideration when it calculates what damage etc you can do in other forms,
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid

K. Not passive.

What don't people understand about passive.. If it constantly adds the 6% bonus without having to be used, then its passive. @#!*% , with a lot of abilities like this you lose the passive effect when the ability is used and it's on cooldown, but this one just gives it to you all the time. There's not way it's not passive.

I was being sarcastic, in reference to a previous post.
Edit! I just actually read what you wrote, and just wow. So even tho it passively raises your stats my 6% its not a passive because its active all the time? So certain races get a passive bonus to stam/mana so forth, those are always "active" yet labeled as "passive". Would you be more accurate to say .... they are "passively active" :| You confuse me sir.

10/01/2012 01:06 AMPosted by Heavycreamer

It's not exactly my cup of tea

Furthermore, who says "not my cup of tea" what is this, a pansy book club meeting?

Furthermore, I like tea. Its 6am, I've been working since 10 am yesterday. I am allowed to say whatever I want on the interwebs. ^.~
Edited by Tokiwa on 10/1/2012 3:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
It's a talent that adds a PASSIVE bonus, and has an active component.
Reply Quote
Yes, but the OP seems to think that the 6% stat boost is only active when you activate the talent....

He also seems to think that mark/kings can negate going for agi on gear somehow as a guardian.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
The 6% boost is passive, and it makes agility an even more useful stat to have on your gear, not less.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
I like how posters argue their incorrect assumption then when proven wrong they just disappear from the thread.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]