[A] Odd Company | LF DPS - Late Night

90 Human Warlock
Ironhide:
"Odd Company is a night late raiding guild directed towards mature, intelligent and creative adults that appreciate World of Warcraft for what it is - a game. As our guild chat occasionally contains mature content, a thick skin or obnoxious disregard for mental hygeine is recommended."

Odd Company was created on 06/14/2010 with one goal in mind - to provide a home and successful PvE environment for late night and Oceanic players. That has sort of devolved into us hanging around each night, talking about things we draw, food we like, and cats we pet. We have a fairly tight-knit community, and we'd like to expand that with more like-minded individuals. At the present time we are accepting all classes, roles, and play-styles.

To give a general overview: We're a level 25 primarily late night social guild that does stuff. That's the best way I can put it for now. We're always on the lookout for late night players with good heads on their shoulders - whether they're into PvE, PvP, RP, or even just hanging around. The best way to get in contact with us is to leave a message here, whisper one of us ingame, or send me, Ceer, ingame mail.

It is time to begin the raiding, to commence the boss-stomping. Our times are Friday and Saturday nights, Midnight to Four AM ST. See the second post for details!

We would also really like a second group (because we have alts, and because we know not everyone in Odd Company is a late nighter anymore) to run during the week from around Six-thirty to Ten PM ST Tue/Wed. This effort is still a work in progress!

Commitment to cause is a huge must - we expect everyone involved in our raiding efforts to try to do the very best they can, to the best of their ability. Communication and a willingness to reach out when help is needed, whether it's in gearing/gemming/enchanting/reforging or in matters of class, spec, rotation, and even playstyle, is also strongly sought for. We're your guild, your family - we're here to help, and you shouldn't be stuck sitting in the dark.

IC, Odd Company was founded by a couple of industrious night elves. It's basically a temp agency for mercenaries, their tenders, and research and development folks, as well as any consultant types interested. Our alignment is overall chaotic good, verging onto neutral. To be honest it's purposefully vague in order to accommodate most people's individual stories and histories. If you can't merge with our collective, you're not trying, as the saying goes. We do not force our RP on our members - willingness to reach out and talk about prospective events and individual character needs is a must. Really.
Edited by Ceer on 2/3/2013 4:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The Big and Much Edited Post Concerning Raiding

Edit: Oh hey, we can actually kill things. Progression is currently:
4/6 in Mogu'shan Vaults
1/6 in Heart of Fear

It's about that time, ladies and gents. Firstly I'd like to point out that this expansion is absolutely smashing in terms of the excellence of its encounters. Lotta neat new stuff, lotta new boss butts to chew on. Once again Odd Company is coming together to have a boss butt buffet, and we need a few good soldiers to round out our roster.

Our raid times are Friday and Saturday nights, from Midnight Server Time to 4:00AM ST. It is advisable to be on fifteen minutes 'til midnight, and more than likely we will begin winding down at about fifteen minutes 'til four. This is late night raiding - if your schedule does not accommodate late nights, and you cannot bring your maximum level of alertness to our tea table, then we are probably not for you. If you're a night owl and these times seem amenable to you, read on! We'd likely love to have you.

Tanks
    Zekeal [Guardian Druid]
    Deltaemura [Blood DK]

Healers
    Sallyride [Resto Druid]
    Zrina [Holy Paladin]

Heals/DPS
    Karisar [Resto/Ele Shaman]

DPS - Recruiting
    Ceer [Destruction Warlock]
    Bixler [Fire Mage]
    Jolei [Elemental Shaman]
    LF 2 (two) dedicated dps, plate-melee preferred, hunters welcome too

General Other Stuff
    We're looking for exceptional players of any role at this point, both for the purpose of filling in some nights and possibly forming another raid group~ Right now we definitely need standbys.

Expectations
    Be the best you can be - know your role, know your spec. Prior to raidtime, have your gear seen to - this means all reforges, enchants, and gemming done beforehand. Same goes for flasks, potions, whathaveyou. Come prepared. If you need something, ask me (Ceer) or Zekeal about it. If neither of us are online to bother, mail works just as well - we will get back to you, I promise.

Watch videos, read boss strats, and of course do LFR - it helps immensely to have at least a vague idea of how the encounters are going to go. Really.

Bring us your best attitude. Step into the raid knowing that we're probably going to wipe a few times, given that most if not all of us are learning the fights. Please refrain from whining, as whining never solved anything, and please refrain from taking gratuitously long breaks. Don't make me break out my There's No "I" In "Team" rolling pin and wallop you with it.

We use Vent. We might swap to Mumble, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. Everyone will be in Vent, no exceptions. It is preferred that you be able to speak if needed; it is required that you be able to listen. Banter is fine, fun is fine - but in the event strategy and explanations are being given, please keep the channel clear.

Be courteous to your fellow raiders. If you cannot make raidtimes, notify someone so we can replace you. Real life happens, it's no big deal - until you no-show without a word. Then it becomes a big deal. A big, angry, snarly deal. The same applies to lateness.

So to reiterate, if you're interested, and you are available Friday and Saturday nights from Midnight ST to about 4:00AM ST both nights every week, then we are very eager to bring you into our little family. Message me (Ceer) ingame, send me mail, or respond to this forum thread.
Edited by Ceer on 1/27/2013 6:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
is this a new thread!?
Reply Quote
All shiny and new.
Reply Quote
83 Worgen Rogue
I am determined to cap the thread this time after failing my cap last time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Thunder and lightning. Enter ARIEL, like a harpy; claps his wings upon the table; and, with a quaint device, the banquet vanishes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
So, I'm either gonna main a warrior (Uuriel or Raudulfr), hunter (Rikaado or Trysse) or this monk... I'm okay with these choices. Probably just going to go for a Triforce of Pwn.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Fuggit, I'm just gonna main EVERYTHING.

Except for rogues.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
-snuffles about-
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
They know their prayers, she had said, and how to tell genuine coin from the most convincing counterfeit. And that is all.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
10/02/2012 04:22 PMPosted by Ceer
They know their prayers, she had said, and how to tell genuine coin from the most convincing counterfeit. And that is all.

That's like the time I got these gold coins, but they were really just pieces of chocolate shaped like coins and wrapped in gold colored foil. :\

I ate the chocolate, though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Season Five, Episode Three

Jewelcrafting and First Aid guides

deGrasse Tyson

Too much stuff to sort through.

I need to stop hoarding these BoEs and post them. I literally have too much stuff to sort through.
Reply Quote
46 Pandaren Shaman
Always fun when your ISP takes a gigantic dump on you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
We stopped dreaming.
Reply Quote
The dream never ends.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
10/03/2012 06:10 PMPosted by Shilo
The dream never ends.

"We found time to start thinking about Earth. That is space operating on our culture, and you cannot even put a price on that. That is a nation, that is a world reacting to a new perspective of what it is to be alive to be on this planet that we all share."
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I love these people. <3
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
They did have an old dictionary in the house, but her mother never opened it because the sight of all those words upset her.

Also <3 Valk~
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I have loved the stars too dearly to be fearful of the night.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Mighty is the wind, but you can still break it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]